Video: State of the Program

Is that a bad thing in Minnesota? Do you teach your kids not to like themselves? Where does this self-hate crap come from? Love thy neighbor as thyself, buddy. That means to LOVE YOURSELF FIRST. So it's great he likes or even loves himself. He's a big selling point.

Most ministers would not agree with your interpretation of the quote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me guess, you hate that new Skol chant too at Vikings games. RTB is a rallying cry, a unifying message. Nothing wrong with that. Jesus, can we lighten the hell up a bit? Every. Single. Thread. = Pissing match.

Seems obvious Skol is part of Viking lore, Scandinavian heritage. Row the boat is part of Flecks personal brand that he's brought to the U from WMU. It has a good message, there's nothing wrong with it, but if he ever leaves he'll take it with him. It's not really part of the U or the state. Will WMU fans be chanting row the boat this season?

Seems obvious Skol is part of Viking lore, Scandinavian heritage. Row the boat is part of Flecks personal brand that he's brought to the U from WMU. It has a good message, there's nothing wrong with it, but if he ever leaves he'll take it with him. It's not really part of the U or the state. Will WMU fans be chanting row the boat this season?

Everything starts somewhere. One might argue RTB works well with the Vikings heritage...Moragsoorm.jpg

Attachments

• vikings ship.jpg
    vikings ship.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 12

It's going to be awesome when ROW THE BOAT will be chanted throughout the stadium during home games while a few will keep on pouting refusing to join in.

I predict the Row The Boat chant will go over about as well as the Ski-U-Mah chant does. Slightly better than the "gold-out" attempts go.

Then maybe the Vikes should use it and not the Gophers. Seeing as the oars were just on WMU's uniforms last year it just comes off as a little gimmicky to me. I'll be happy he takes it with him when he goes.

You mean when he becomes AD in 30 years?

Most ministers would not agree with your interpretation of the quote.

I get it where you're coming from. However many people don't like themselves and as a result become depress and have mental health issues eventually.

I get it now. The RTB will be the new OTB. The members will replace the M club with the Row Men club. As Rowmen, a new design for the mascot will look suspiciously like the USC Trojan, but instead of feathers, the fin of an oar will be soldered onto the peak of the helmet. And, the side logo will resemble two Muskies jumping out of a lake to form the M. Soon, Goldie will take on the look of a Muskie with a superman elite cape. Yes. It is all coming clear what the future will bring to the program under Fleck.

Our enemies will tease us about paddles and if all our football players are in fact Capons.

Correct. It will leave with Fleck to Notre Dame or Florida or USC or wherever he goes next. And then all the RTB shirts can go into the rag drawer with the JerrySota ones.

FWIW, the Vikings fight song for decades is called "Skol, Vikings." (Skol, Vikings, let's win the game......etc) So Skol has a long-time association with the franchise.

I understand that Row the Boat is personal to Fleck, and he feels so strongly about it that he was willing to pay his former school for the right to use it at the U of M.

But it's a correct statement that the phrase is associated with Fleck personally - not with the U of M.

Before I get called a Fleck hater, it comes down to a matter of degree. If he mentioned it once in a while, I would have no objection. It's the volume and the frequency at which he mentions it, like the "elite" thing. If Fleck would just turn down the volume meter to 8 from the current 11, I would have no problem with the guy. 8 is still plenty loud. He really doesn't need to be at 11 all the time. It's like sitting in the front row at a Springsteen concert (which I did once). After a while, your ears start ringing.

Top Bottom