Jerry Kill: "This year should be the best that Minnesota has had."

Are you also going to dismiss Elmore's explicit statement that Coyle's attitude and poor communication directly led to the boycott?

Your revisionist history and defense of this qualifies you as a Coyle-bot. Just admit he screwed up and move on.

I'm not defending anything he did or didn't do during the boycott. The boycott was disputed by at least some of the team

I'm not the one with the revisionist history. That would be Jerry Kill who says that Fleck had a goldmine and he did some incredible things here. I have moved on, Jerry Kill who is salty his boy was fired clearly hasn't.

Your opinion. Goldmine encompasses facilities, staff salaries, roster talent, national respectability. It all depends how one looks at it. Things can always be better, but things can be worse. You have to remember what humble roots Kill has. To him it really is a goldmine vs not only 2010 bit vs Saginaw Valley, SIU, NIU.

It certainly has been a goldmine for Fleck. Fleck doesn't come here without the facilities Kill helped bring. He doesn't come here if the program wins 1-4 games a year. He doesn't come here's if there isn't any talent on the roster. The venom towards Kill is really weird. People don't like honest opinions. They want empty platitudes, I guess.

Nah, people just want old coaches who quit to move on and focus on new jobs. I couldn't care less about what Jerry Kill is up to now just stop talking about Minnesota not difficult. And don't make up lies like someone said that this is a rebuild job while simultaneously stroking your own ego.

If taking a better job after he completed his obligation for the season is quitting then yes he "quit".

He quit, period. That's what it is called when you choose to leave your current job. Was under contract to 2020, stated days before that he was not going anywhere but back to Kalamazoo. If I was a player at WMU, I should believe that, and would probably feel like he quit on me too, yes?

It's the nature of the game, so don't try to characterize it any differently with Fleck. I want nothing more than him to be wildly successful here, and I think he can be...

We're not denying that we're bigger fans of Fleck and didn't like Claeys as coach. You guys on the other hand keep defending every failure of the Kill regime for some odd reason. Even denying that he's salty his boy got fired more than any other reason. He quit and went to Rutgers everything that happened after he quit he should shut up about. Both sides should move on.

Kill took time to try to find a position at the U...when that didn't work out, he took time off then went to KSU in May of 2016.

This is what it's like arguing with a true zealot, regardless of topic.

I think all the opinions have been stated here. Readers can draw their own conclusions and make up their own minds of course.

A lot of thin skinned posters here and others elsewhere as well. I don't get the hate jerry gets for this. He did a good job here and elevated the program from the basement to good bowl games and much better depth than previous. He obviously liked it here and thinks we should do well. Nothing wrong with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#coacheslivesmatter

This is what it's like arguing with a true zealot, regardless of topic.

I think all the opinions have been stated here. Readers can draw their own conclusions and make up their own minds of course.
Please point me to the posts that reflect your open-mindedness and willingness to change your opinion.
I don't think you are as disrepectful as some others, but come on, lots of posters are attached to their own opinion.
If you truly had such a strong argument, you wouldn't have to resort to name-calling like some so easily do. It's a tactic that is used all to frequently on Internet forums, but it adds little to your argument except to attempt to diminish and demean the poster that you disagree with so he'll stop arguing with you. Maybe you're just tired of arguing it. But JB and GWG have a legitmate point of view as much as some don't like it.

Go back and read the 500 Kill/Claeys vs Fleck battle threads. Examples of all of those exist.

You're the one claiming they were said so shouldn't you find them to back up what you're saying?

As already stated, you're exaggerating things to make them seem worse. For example:

Claeys is a great leader and a great coach because he supported a boycott that was a national embarrassment for the U.

I doubt someone said it exactly like this. Some may have said he was a great leader and great coach by supporting his players for doing what they believed was right. See the difference?

you're exaggerating things to make them seem worse.
Yeah, well that pretty much happens on all sides of the argument doesn't it?
Here's the choice, you can spend a lot of time dissecting the nuances of all the different Claeysters or Flecksters, or you can sum them up in a generalized comment. I'd choose the latter myself.

Please point me to the posts that reflect your open-mindedness and willingness to change your opinion.
I don't think you are as disrepectful as some others, but come on, lots of posters are attached to their own opinion.
If you truly had such a strong argument, you wouldn't have to resort to name-calling like some so easily do. It's a tactic that is used all to frequently on Internet forums, but it adds little to your argument except to attempt to diminish and demean the poster that you disagree with so he'll stop arguing with you. Maybe you're just tired of arguing it. But JB and GWG have a legitmate point of view as much as some don't like it.

My point is that JB is trying to set his personal reason for people's (e.g. kill) statements, when the subject(s) have or had already clearly explained why they are upset. It is also eminently obvious what Coyle said in his presser and the tone he took while doing so. JB is also arguing about that.

Look, someone can be excited about Fleck and the future and still defend Kill. It doesn't have to be either/or. That's where I'm at. I think his schtick is redundant packaging of other coache's mantras as his personal "brand" but he's an elite level recruiter. I'm excited to see what happens. I'm glad he's clarified his message.

These are all your opinions not facts. Stop potraying everything like they 100% happened and anyone who doesn't see it your way is an idiot or inferior to your point of view. Stop with the name calling of people you disagree with it makes you and other looks foolish.

These are all your opinions not facts. Stop potraying everything like they 100% happened and anyone who doesn't see it your way is an idiot or inferior to your point of view. Stop with the name calling of people you disagree with it makes you and other looks foolish.

Rich.

Look, someone can be excited about Fleck and the future and still defend Kill. It doesn't have to be either/or.

It is also possible to like PJF without LOVING every little thing he says or does.

I'll say again - The Flecksters are a 10x bigger cause of the arguments on this site than the Claeysters. Not accepting the 2 items listed above are reasons 1 and 1A.

I really hope Kill ends up at least as well remembered as Mason (who has come a long way). But the longer he publicly airs his grievances with the institution where he doesn't work and will likely compete against in the future after leaving us (understandably, but still as many predicted he would), the less likely that is to happen or the longer it will take. If Claeys lands on his feet (he should be DC somewhere next year IMHO), I think it will blow over pretty quickly.

No one likes every little thing Fleck does. Some just don't care enough to take random personal shots at him.

I'll say again - The Claeysters are a 10x bigger cause of the arguments on this site than the Flecksters. Pretending that this is not the case is idiotic.

Jerry Kill: "This year should be the best that Minnesota has had."

No one likes every little thing Fleck does. Some just don't care enough to take random personal shots at him.

I'll say again - The Claeysters are a 10x bigger cause of the arguments on this site than the Flecksters. Pretending that this is not the case is idiotic.

Still upset about name calling JB or is that oh, so 5 posts ago?

I really hope Kill ends up at least as well remembered as Mason (who has come a long way). But the longer he publicly airs his grievances with the institution where he doesn't work and will likely compete against in the future after leaving us (understandably, but still as many predicted he would), the less likely that is to happen or the longer it will take. If Claeys lands on his feet (he should be DC somewhere next year IMHO), I think it will blow over pretty quickly.

The administration is not the university. It's not the team or the fans. His grievance is well-deserved. If Coyle had taken the high road we wouldn't be having this discussion. Period. Full-stop.

Still upset about name calling JB or is that oh, so 5 posts ago?

No, I'm just mocking you and others that think they're smarter than everyone else. Imagine losing an argument and then just calling someone a name because they disagree with you. Seems rather childish don't you think?

No, I'm just mocking you and others that think they're smarter than everyone else. Imagine losing an argument and then just calling someone a name because they disagree with you. Seems rather childish don't you think?

You're the one making yourself look bad. Nobody has said they're smarter than you, just that your arguments don't make much sense when there is concrete video or written evidence.

It is also possible to like PJF without LOVING every little thing he says or does.

I'll say again - The Flecksters are a 10x bigger cause of the arguments on this site than the Claeysters. Not accepting the 2 items listed above are reasons 1 and 1A.

That's laughable. You as one of the biggest Claeysters are the one who started labeling people Flecksters. It's ridiculous.

Just as much as the Flecksters love every little thing he says or does, the Claeysters rip on every little thing he says or does.

You'll label me as a Fleckster, but I'll be the one calling for his head in 4 years if he hasn't won the B1G West and beaten Wisconsin at least once. Kill/Claeys got 6 years and still couldn't get either one of those done.

The administration is not the university. It's not the team or the fans. His grievance is well-deserved. If Coyle had taken the high road we wouldn't be having this discussion. Period. Full-stop.

Agree, as a multi-generational alum, I deeply care about and am loyal to, the institution that is the university, love that place. To not at times be critical, and sometimes vocal, about its leadership (across the institution) would seem like I would be letting the institution down. That's how it works in my book.

Also, Mas still gets in his shots and still makes his points.

OH FOR GOD'S SAKE CAN YOU ALL JUST SHUT THE BLEEP UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, this is becoming embarrassing. You're making the Republicans and the Democrats look good by comparison.

Can we all just agree to disagree on this point, and let it go? Please?

If I was moderating this board, this thread would be shut down, and a couple of people on here would be suspended for a couple of weeks to cool down.

You accomplish nothing by having the same argument over and over again, and exchanging the same insults. there is plenty of blame to go around on both sides. Just let it go.

Please.

You are ruining this board for those of us who just like to come on here to talk and read about Gopher Football - not witness an endless display of bad behavior.

Stop. Just Stop. Please.

I get what you're saying, but Kill confused the two when he said "“I won’t be stepping foot back in the stadium, and I won’t be stepping back into the university,” Kill said during a radio interview in Minnesota on Wednesday, according to The Star Tribune."

That was immediately after the firing, so I'm hoping he'll reconsider with some time.

Seriously, this is becoming embarrassing. You're making the Republicans and the Democrats look good by comparison.

If I was moderating this board, this thread would be shut down, and a couple of people on here would be suspended for a couple of weeks to cool down.

You accomplish nothing by having the same argument over and over again, and exchanging the same insults. there is plenty of blame to go around on both sides. Just let it go.

Please.

You are ruining this board for those of us who just like to come on here to talk and read about Gopher Football - not witness an endless display of bad behavior.

Stop. Just Stop. Please.

+1

I think the troublemakers are secret Wacker fans but they can't say it....

Please.

Stop. Just Stop. Please.

+1. If the mods are reading this, I've been using this board about a quarter as much as I had before ever since these Claeys/Fleck pissing matches started in every thread and it's always the same 4 or 5 people.

I just want to know how I can officially become a Fleckster or Claeyster. Do I get a membership card or something?

I just want to know how I can officially become a Fleckster or Claeyster. Do I get a membership card or something?

I've joined the Flecksters.... scruffy face and tie under a sweatshirt is all that is required.

Top Bottom