Jerry Kill: "This year should be the best that Minnesota has had."

No reason for you to be bitter about Kill calling your boy crushes on the carpet for their ill and totally needless comments even if "misinterpreted". For as strong a speaker as Fleck is he hasn't learned quite when to shut up yet.

Name a team that doesn't have depth or experience concerns at at least one or two spots. It just doesn't happen. 14-18 scholarship linemen is the norm, not 25. There is zero reason this team can't win. QB-friendly system, great talent on defense, up and comers in the WR corps, elite running backs.

Great talent on defense compared to who? And tell us about these up and coming WRs?

Constantly talking about Fleck and Minnesota even going as far as to confront Fleck at Hopkins HS. Grow up

I'm sure you'd just back down and not say anything if someone (a person that you retained, mentored and helped along the way, nonetheless) talked smack about you in public and stated that you left behind a poor culture.

I'm sure you'd just back down and not say anything if someone (a person that you retained, mentored and helped along the way, nonetheless) talked smack about you in public and stated that you left behind a poor culture.

He literally praised him in the opening press conference? Where did Fleck say he was left a poor culture? Where did he talk smack about Jerry Kill? He said he wants to change the culture and immediately after he talked about winning conference championships.

So sick of the Rutgers offensive coordinator. Worry about your own mess.
He was interviewed and asked the questions by a third party.

I'm so sick of people who think Jerry should stop doing interviews about his coaching career. They should worry about their own comments, not others. [emoji57]

I assume this was Kill's answer to a specific question, so I will cut him some slack. But, it is getting real old hearing how sensitive Kill is about his successor. PJ has repeatedly given compliments to the prior staff on what they have accomplished at the U. PJ has praised the level of talent that is here, etc.... PJ has the right to talk about his program the way he sees fit. A change in culture doesn't mean the old culture was bad, just that it is being changed to fit the new leaders.

It is way past time to move on and stop dwelling on the prior coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name a coach that doesn't try to manage expectations? I'll wait

He should shut up about Minnesota and worry about the dumpster fire that is Rutgers.
He was asked to give an interview. He is free to say what he wills.
Fleck is free to use the acronym FAMILY despite the obvious hypocrisy in his own personal life, which should make people cringe.

Carry on oh Fleckite.

Apparently Fleck talked smack about Kill and said his culture sucked. Can anyone provide me some quotes I must of missed them the last few months.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk
To say that this should be the best season we've had is ignorant and not well thought out. Its about the same as saying the Gophers will be better this year since Leidner is gone. Many GHers disagree, but in my mind qb is the most important position (assuming you have a serviceable OL.) Because we will clearly have a qb with very little to no experience in both D1 football and in Flecks system, this will likely not be the best season we've had. Unless kill believes experience means very little. Kill (who i loved) is insecure and spouts off a lot to blow his own horn. Secure, mature men dont behave like this. He shouldve said, "shoot, golly gee, without a proven qb, you just dont know what MN will be like". Just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Fleck is free to use the acronym FAMILY despite the obvious hypocrisy in his own personal life, which should make people cringe.

Carry on oh Fleckite.
We get it you don't like Fleck because he got a divorce. Yes, anyone is free to say whatever they want it's a free country doesn't mean you should. Did you see Tubby talking about how many games Pitino should win the year after he was fired? Did you see him bash Norwood? Not hard to be professional and not comment

Carry on oh Fleckite.

Why would it make anyone cringe? Do you happen to even know what the divorce rate is in this country? It is quite high. Feel free to step down of that high horse of yours at any moment.

He was interviewed and asked the questions by a third party.

I'm so sick of people who think Jerry should stop doing interviews about his coaching career. They should worry about their own comments, not others. [emoji57]

Unfortunately there are a lot of people who don't quite understand how that all works.

Great talent on defense compared to who? And tell us about these up and coming WRs?

Our LB Core is as talented as any group in the BIG West.
D-Line has some very talented DT's in Jackson, Stelter and Richardson
DB's have Winfield as a sure fire All BIG performer and a couple who could be quite good in Durr, Shenault, and Thomas.

The up and comers at WR are Still and T Johnson. With the improved coaching I expect to see one of Gentry, Register orHolland be a big contributor with Howard and Hmielewski also in that group. So we do have some up and comers at WR.

Carry on oh Fleckite.

So are you playing the "holier than thou" card?

Go read the ST article, it actually tries to find a reference to if PJ actually said "rebuild" in the sense that Kill is claiming and they couldn't find one.

Carry on oh Fleckite.

I've seen time and time again the loss of a child destroy couples and marriages. FAMILY is different to you than to Fleck, me or many others.

Kill is destroying his legacy in MN every time he opens his mouth and comments on things Fleck has never said.

Epilepsy is not quitting

He chose to quit, he could have taken longer time away from the program and gotten right again. Maybe he and Coyle would have come to a good position. He quit before Coyle was hired. He was back working last year and is an OC now. Why quit? He had enough equity here to take time off.

Carry on oh Fleckite.

Crap like this is getting ridiculous. Now we going to breakdown Fleck personal life. Since he is divorce, he can't be a family man then. Kill mentioned Minnesota before he was even asked about Minnesota. He needs to just move on just like everyone else. Fleck has praised the talent on the current roster and said this isn't a rebuild. If he wants to change the culture to reflect his style, what is the problem with that. People who are hung up on Kill/Claeys are just nitpicking anything Fleck does. I was a huge Claeys & Kill guy but I know they aren't coming back so let's move the hell on. Kill we loved you here and we are grateful for what you built; now worry about fixing Rutgers.

Show me the quotes where PJ talked smack about Jerry Kill in public. It's not true. PJ has had nothing but positive things to say about Kill and the job he did at Minnesota. He also never said Jerry Kill left behind a poor culture, all HE said is he wants to create a new culture based on his beliefs. Stop making stuff up to defend your love for Jerry Kill.

We get it you don't like Fleck because he got a divorce. Yes, anyone is free to say whatever they want it's a free country doesn't mean you should. Did you see Tubby talking about how many games Pitino should win the year after he was fired? Did you see him bash Norwood? Not hard to be professional and not comment
Coyle shouldn't have dragged Kill into the issue by saying there was a bad culture here at MN before Fleck came. Blame Coyle for Kills response.

Here's the thing and this must be hard to hear for a lot of you.

NCAA Head coaches are ego maniacs who are all about themselves. They can't get to the high level they do without charisma so people like them but 99 out of 100 would throw pretty much anyone under the bus if it benefitted them. I don't believe Kill or Fleck is the rare 1 in 100.

Claeys might have been but his complete lack of charisma made him easily replaceable.

So are you playing the "holier than thou" card?

Go read the ST article, it actually tries to find a reference to if PJ actually said "rebuild" in the sense that Kill is claiming and they couldn't find one.

Nope, I'm stating that the culture before Fleck was good. I'm saying that Fleck, like us all, is prone to hypocrisy. "Do as I say, not as I do." It happens to all of us at some time in our lives. However, don't denigrate the coach who came before you and resurrected this dumpster fire and then spew FAMILY as though you knew what Family means.

I've seen time and time again the loss of a child destroy couples and marriages. FAMILY is different to you than to Fleck, me or many others.

Kill is destroying his legacy in MN every time he opens his mouth and comments on things Fleck has never said.
No he's not. Kill's legacy is fine. The only ones whining are the Fleckite's in the GH.

Get over it. Kill isn't here anymore. He isn't a threat to Fleck. Fleck will succeed on his own merits so we can sit back and watch.

Show me the quotes where PJ talked smack about Jerry Kill in public. It's not true. PJ has had nothing but positive things to say about Kill and the job he did at Minnesota. He also never said Jerry Kill left behind a poor culture, all HE said is he wants to create a new culture based on his beliefs. Stop making stuff up to defend your love for Jerry Kill.
Kill didn't say anything bad about Fleck. He took a shot at Kaler and Coyle, however, and that is a legitimate shot. All Kill said was there is talent here at MN and Fleck should be able to win immediately.

Didn't buy Jerry Kill's aw shucks act when he was at Minnesota. The guy has as big of an ego as any other coach around.

No he's not. Kill's legacy is fine. The only ones whining are the Fleckite's in the GH.

Get over it. Kill isn't here anymore. He isn't a threat to Fleck. Fleck will succeed on his own merits so we can sit back and watch.

Kill does not have some grand legacy at Minnesota. Kill should be credited for getting the program to respectable nothing more. They are not changing the name to Jerry Kill Field at TCF Bank Stadium.

Coyle shouldn't have dragged Kill into the issue by saying there was a bad culture here at MN before Fleck came. Blame Coyle for Kills response.

Coyle has never mentioned Jerry Kill because he quit before he got here.

. However, don't denigrate the coach who came before you and resurrected this dumpster fire and then spew FAMILY as though you knew what Family means.

What does this even mean? Is this about Fleck or some person you made up in your head?

Top Bottom