MTSU

swingman

Reaction score
Gophers non-con opponent news:

MTSU football coach Rick Stockstill doesn't hold back when it comes to his main objective for spring practice.

"The main objectice is defensively getting better," Stockstill said. "We gave up an average of 40 points a game in our conference last year, and in the last eight games, we gave up 43.

"I told the defense that if you started last year or if you didn't play last year it doesn't matters because you're all starting with a clean slate and have to to earn everything to get on the field. If you look statistically we weren't very good in some critical areas. To me, that's the main objective of spring practice."

The first step in hopefully improving the group waasa the hiring of Scott Shafer as defensive coordinator.

MTSU lost its entire front four, as well as its best defensive back in Jeremy Cutrer.

http://www.murfreesboropost.com/improving-defense-main-goal-for-mtsu-in-spring-practice-cms-46509

Stockstill's son is the QB. He is out for Spring due to shoulder surgery.

Brent Stockstill gets some traction as an NFL prospect. He is small by NFL standards but he is mobile and accurate which can be a deadly combination. I will be like playing playing a less talented Wazzou with a far weaker defense.

Any predictions yet for the humidity during this game?

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk.

Humidity at TCF in the middle of September should be fine. You're right though, humidity in general is an overwhelming concern for Blue Raider fans!

Not yet, but I know someone more interested in who the announcers will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom