ESPN: PSU trustee 'running out of sympathy' for 'so-called' Jerry Sandusky victims

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

A current trustee at Penn State said in an email to The Chronicle of Higher Education that he is losing sympathy for the "so-called victims" of sexual abuse by former Nittany Lions assistant Jerry Sandusky.

The email was sent to The Chronicle over the weekend and published Thursday as part of a look at the scandal's continuing aftermath.

Last week, former Penn State president Graham Spanier was found guilty of one count of child endangerment over his handling of a child sex abuse complaint against Sandusky.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...rustee-little-sympathy-jerry-sandusky-victims

Go Gophers!!

Tone deaf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#coacheslivesmatter

PSU is seriously lucky they didn't get the death penalty. Looking back and seeing what they're saying now, maybe they should have. So different from what we dealt with this last year; the whole damn institution was culpable and leadership is now rightly behind bars...

Penn state should be grateful that most of the punishments that were levied against them were lifted, the NCAA had the opportunity to bury them SMU style and showed mercy. Be angry at the administrators that let you down, don't be mad at the victims

For someone employed by an educational institution to say they don't have sympathy for child abuse victims should be cause for immediate termination. That is absolutely inexcusable.

I was very convinced the punishment was just and maybe not enough when it was first levied. Now I'm less sure. I don't know that the school got hurt by it at all. The players did.

I wish they would have (not sure if they could have) forbidden PSU from selling tickets to home games or forced them to donate half of ticket sales from all sports to child abuse prevention charities. And the B1G should have withheld their share of conference money and donated it to charity.

They should have been hit financially to damage the school more than punishing the players (which is essentially what happened).

The people of PSU are not wrong to want to move on from this, but you have to do so in the right way. Saying something as stupid as this is NOT the right way.

Man I hate Penn State. The slap on the wrist they received just got more ridiculous.

For someone employed by an educational institution to say they don't have sympathy for child abuse victims should be cause for immediate termination. That is absolutely inexcusable.

I was very convinced the punishment was just and maybe not enough when it was first levied. Now I'm less sure. I don't know that the school got hurt by it at all. The players did.

I wish they would have (not sure if they could have) forbidden PSU from selling tickets to home games or forced them to donate half of ticket sales from all sports to child abuse prevention charities. And the B1G should have withheld their share of conference money and donated it to charity.

They should have been hit financially to damage the school more than punishing the players (which is essentially what happened).

The people of PSU are not wrong to want to move on from this, but you have to do so in the right way. Saying something as stupid as this is NOT the right way.

+1000

Top Bottom