Austin Beier‏ a Gophers

gophersfan

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Hey we are up to 13th in the country now in 247. Personally I think we will finish in the top 10 when it is all said and done.

per Joe:

Austin Beier, a three-star offensive lineman from St. John's Jesuit High School in Toledo, Ohio, gave the Gophers a verbal commitment Thursday night.

The 6-5, 255-pound Beier also had reported offers from Northwestern, Indiana and Boston College. he gives the Gophers eight commitments for the Class of 2018.

http://www.startribune.com/austin-b...man-from-toledo-commits-to-gophers/417731943/

Go Gophers!!

per Greder:

Beier, who’s 6-foot-5 and 255 pounds, attends St. John’s Jesuit High School in Toledo, Ohio. He had other offers from Northwestern, Indiana, Boston College and Cincinnati.

Beier also wrote: “I’m very blessed to be in the position that I am in deciding where I want to play college football. I’ve been pondering this decision and have decided that the University of Minnesota is the place I want to continue to play football.”

Beier is the the eighth member in Minnesota’s 2018 recruiting class.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/03/30/gophers-receive-commitment-from-ohio-offensive-lineman/

Go Gophers!!

Hey we are up to 13th in the country now in 247. Personally I think we will finish in the top 10 when it is all said and done.

This would have been an all time ridiculous comment through most of the history of Gopher football. But I think there's actually a chance of this! Heady times.

This would have been an all time ridiculous comment through most of the history of Gopher football. But I think there's actually a chance of this! Heady times.

Your comment may have just replaced his...

I was completely joking/trolling when I said were gonna finish in the top 10. :p

I do think we have an outside chance at finishing in the top 25 if we get 1-2 four star recruits.

I was completely joking/trolling when I said were gonna finish in the top 10. :p

I do think we have an outside chance at finishing in the top 25 if we get 1-2 four star recruits.

Difficult? Heck yes. Impossible? No. Maryland and some cat named DJ Durkin pulled off a #17 class in 2016, all the while barely making a bowl and losing at home to Minnesota and the backup QB by 3 TDs. Brew's first class was ranked 10-20 depending on the source.

PJF's got the name, the game, and the opportunity to offer. Top 10's some rarefied air, but I think we should be a little disappointed if he doesn't crack the national top 20 in recruiting this year.

Difficult? Heck yes. Impossible? No. Maryland and some cat named DJ Durkin pulled off a #17 class in 2016, all the while barely making a bowl and losing at home to Minnesota and the backup QB by 3 TDs. Brew's first class was ranked 10-20 depending on the source.

PJF's got the name, the game, and the opportunity to offer. Top 10's some rarefied air, but I think we should be a little disappointed if he doesn't crack the national top 20 in recruiting this year.

Exactly what I was thinking. I would be pretty disappointed and shocked if we didn't end up with a top 25 class. PJ is known for being able to "sell ice to an eskimo" and therefore should be also be able to ride this new-hire momentum to a big 1st class. We all know it's the coaching part that will ultimately decide how much success we have, but as far as rankings go, a top-25 class seems to be on the horizon.

Need to at least double that number to even have a shot at top 25.

I won't be...I'll be pretty happy with a class in the 40s. So far, this class has the same AVG rating as 2017, which was ranked in the high 50s.

Difference is Maryland has four star talent in state.

Exactly what I was thinking. I would be pretty disappointed and shocked if we didn't end up with a top 25 class. PJ is known for being able to "sell ice to an eskimo" and therefore should be also be able to ride this new-hire momentum to a big 1st class. We all know it's the coaching part that will ultimately decide how much success we have, but as far as rankings go, a top-25 class seems to be on the horizon.

Why would anyone be shocked or disappointed if we don't end up with a top 25 class? Since these ranking sites started we've had only one ever in the top 25, and that was with Brewster who was widely regarded as one of the best recruiters in the country. We aren't really on pace for a top 25 class at this point. I think people are getting the wrong impressions with these class ranking updates going on this early.

We need to get a few four-star commitments to get to that level.

It will be interesting to see how Maryland does under Durkin.

We know from Brewster that it isn't all about recruiting. You need a cohesive coaching staff among other things that make great teams great.

per Joe:

Austin Beier, a three-star offensive lineman from St. John's Jesuit High School in Toledo, Ohio, gave the Gophers a verbal commitment Thursday night.

The 6-5, 255-pound Beier also had reported offers from Northwestern, Indiana and Boston College. he gives the Gophers eight commitments for the Class of 2018.

http://www.startribune.com/austin-b...man-from-toledo-commits-to-gophers/417731943/

Go Gophers!!

Congratulations to Austin Beier! You are in good hands with Warriner.

It is interesting coincidence that PJF replaced one 6'5" OT for another.

I hope that Jalen Mayfield doesn't regret his choice to decommit. It doesn't seem like the Michigan offer is commitable yet.

Top Bottom