Because I know you can't get enough of LaVar Ball

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Coaching LaVar Ball's sons: Inside high school basketball's most chaotic 30-3 season

Gilling remembers an incensed Ball bolting straight for the locker room.

“He comes to me and says, ‘What are you doing? What are you doing?’ I said, ‘What do you mean? I’m trying to win the game.’

“He turns around and walks to our locker room,” Gilling said. “I said, ‘LaVar, don’t go into the locker room.’ He continues walking. I said, ‘LaVar, why are you trying to embarrass me?’ And he just kept walking and goes into the locker room. He’s in there sitting down with the team. And I’m like, ‘LaVar, get out!’”

Gilling says Ball refused to leave the locker room, so Gilling told his team to follow him back to the hotel while Ball’s sons, LiAngelo and LaMelo, stayed behind.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/03/lavar-ball-stephan-gilling-chino-hills-coach-lonzo-lamelo-liangelo-ucla-high-school

I absolutely can't stand this guy and the media who constantly give him a platform to pout his crap opinions. I normally would never say this but I hope his son is nothing more than a bench player.

There are many people who defend him because they say he is just looking out for what's best for his kids. I think he is just doing what is best for him.

I thoroughly enjoyed this recently released video of Lavar (aka, the man who would have bested Jordan) playing rec league ball. Especially loved the pass to himself off the backboard that went awry.
http://deadspin.com/heres-some-satisfying-video-of-lavar-ball-playing-baske-1793670098

Alford would be wise to scan the job scene; having to deal with this motor-mouthed meathead over the course of the next two sons does not seem like a pleasant experience, particularly given Alford's tenuous successes; I see shades of William Humphries hijacking the Gophers program and emasculating Dan Monson to have his son showcased at the detriment of the team (and ultimately, Monson's job).

I wonder if he realizes that he is really more of a joke than anything else? I don't know how the kids can't be really embarrassed by him. He issues statements in broken English that border on the absurd. I would be mortified if that were my Dad.

I absolutely can't stand this guy and the media who constantly give him a platform to pout his crap opinions. I normally would never say this but I hope his son is nothing more than a bench player.

pretty lame to wish ill on his son.

Regarding his media stuff I've no beef with the man. Its genius marketing and I think he's about to get a reality show. That said this stuff is just garbage. He should've been banned from games after pulling that crap. As a coach I'd seriously rather remove him (and by proxy his kids if that happens) and lose than deal with that nonsense

Regarding his media stuff I've no beef with the man. Its genius marketing and I think he's about to get a reality show. That said this stuff is just garbage. He should've been banned from games after pulling that crap. As a coach I'd seriously rather remove him (and by proxy his kids if that happens) and lose than deal with that nonsense

Yeah well its about the only way were ever going to get this loudmouth to shut up. Theres a lot more people wishing a lot worse on this kid than me..just go over to ESPN and read one of the many stories about Daddy Ball Bag. Running his mouth about how his son is better than Steph Curry and ending up being a bench player would be poetic justice.

He's already entering the league as a player that is hated by majority of fans in the league. If he was smart he would tell his dad to shut up publicly as a way to distance himself from his fathers asinine statements.

Yeah well its about the only way were ever going to get this loudmouth to shut up. Theres a lot more people wishing a lot worse on this kid than me..just go over to ESPN and read one of the many stories about Daddy Ball Bag. Running his mouth about how his son is better than Steph Curry and ending up being a bench player would be poetic justice.

He's already entering the league as a player that is hated by majority of fans in the league. If he was smart he would tell his dad to shut up publicly as a way to distance himself from his fathers asinine statements.

Seriously doubt that. And quite frankly that's just people's pettiness and jealousy. His dad is an easily ignorable nuisance if you don't like him but people still consume the things he says then turn that into hating him? That's just being a bad human being right there. But hey, its entertainment and some people find that part to be entertaining as well so whatever

The Ball Boys will end up being the male version of the Kardashian clan; i.e., LaVar will continue to rule the roost like Kris Jenner.

The losers in the whole situation are the other kids on the team. Being stuck in the middle of this nonsense just sucks for them.

Seriously doubt that. And quite frankly that's just people's pettiness and jealousy. His dad is an easily ignorable nuisance if you don't like him but people still consume the things he says then turn that into hating him? That's just being a bad human being right there. But hey, its entertainment and some people find that part to be entertaining as well so whatever

Whats there to doubt? Go read any other NBA board that talks about this situation and you'll see. People were openly praying that UCLA would lose in the tourney because of The Ball's. As long as this guy keeps running his mouth, people will keep hoping for them to fail.

The losers in the whole situation are the other kids on the team. Being stuck in the middle of this nonsense just sucks for them.

Yep. Although for those that are good players there is a bit of exposure there but yea that has to suck.

Whats there to doubt? Go read any other NBA board that talks about this situation and you'll see. People were openly praying that UCLA would lose in the tourney because of The Ball's. As long as this guy keeps running his mouth, people will keep hoping for them to fail.
I suppose. Most of the folks I talk to in real life are neutral about him or find it funny. Like I said, if people hate him because of his dad they're pretty crappy people.

I think this thread illustrates that his behavior is more accepted by some than others. Just depends what type of person you are.

Top Bottom