Former Gopher captain Jim Carter blasts the U, says Kaler should be fired

BleedGopher

Reaction score
On his latest Scoops Podcast, Doogie interviewed former Gopher captain Jim Carter. Carter was frustrated with the Regents search, he was extremely critical of President Kaler, said Kill and Claeys were his good friends. He said he's supporting the new staff but feels like his guys got a very raw deal.

http://www.1500espn.com/tag/the-scoop/

Go Gophers!!

Who cares? Jim Carter will never be taken seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When is Jim Carter going to go away?

Carter is the gift that keeps giving for media members. Will always have something to say

On his latest Scoops Podcast, Doogie interviewed former Gopher captain Jim Carter. Carter was frustrated with the Regents search, he was extremely critical of President Kaler, said Kill and Claeys were his good friends. He said he's supporting the new staff but feels like his guys got a very raw deal.

http://www.1500espn.com/tag/the-scoop/

Go Gophers!!

Did Doogie consider it an "exclusive" interview?

I know what we are all wondering. I'll guess blue and white with purple accents.

Scarfman isn't wrong about Kaler. I hope he is booed mercilessly​ on opening night when he comes on the field for one of those random award ceremonies. Firing Kaler would go a long way in the healing process

Scarfman isn't wrong about Kaler. I hope he is booed mercilessly​ on opening night when he comes on the field for one of those random award ceremonies. Firing Kaler would go a long way in the healing process

There is no "healing process". Good god, move on.

There's no doubt he will get booed if he's still around by that time. Has he shown up at any events this spring?

There's no doubt he will get booed if he's still around by that time. Has he shown up at any events this spring?

He was at almost every men's home basketball game this winter/early spring. He was never booed.

Go Gophers!!

He was at almost every men's home basketball game this winter/early spring. He was never booed.

Go Gophers!!

He does stuff at those games like at the football games? Thought Coyle did that stuff there...and got booed. Know he did the first game Fleck was introduced.

Did not see him or Coyle at any of the hockey games I attended.

Dean Johnson already gave Kaler the dreaded vote of confidence. He'll be dismissed when he comes up for review at the end of the school year.

He does stuff at those games like at the football games? Thought Coyle did that stuff there...and got booed. Know he did the first game Fleck was introduced.

Did not see him or Coyle at any of the hockey games I attended.

I was at that game and never heard Coyle getting booed.

So I guess we are still waiting for news whether Carter made the cut for the Board of Regents?

I feel like Jim Carter secretly has like 7 or 8 Gopherhole accounts. He is perfect embodiment of the cranky, old bitterness that permeates through these parts. I do like to rock a nice scarf, though. I'll give him credit for that.

Amen. Many of us agree the investigation, suspensions, and firing were handled badly, even terribly, and want to move on from the firing thing.
...we want to move on to the firing of Kaler and Coyle... [emoji41] [emoji109]

Amen. Many of us agree the investigation, suspensions, and firing were handled badly, even terribly, and want to move on from the firing thing.

Its just an opinion, but has some degree of merit --- We wouldn't have TCF stadium or for sure the new practice facility without Kahler.
No other President would have said go ahead and built it when only half of the funds were raised for it.

It has been said that a great leader is one who is right 80% of the time.

Get over it - we are moving in the right direction.

Its just an opinion, but has some degree of merit --- We wouldn't have TCF stadium or for sure the new practice facility without Kahler.
No other President would have said go ahead and built it when only half of the funds were raised for it.

It has been said that a great leader is one who is right 80% of the time.

Get over it - we are moving in the right direction.

TCF opened in 2009. Kaler got here in 2011.

The obsession with firing Coyle and Kaler on this board makes me think that everyone here are secretly badger fans and want the University to be set back.

I was also at the game and did hear scattered boos, but not much.

That is what I heard and was posted in one of the threads on GH just after that BB game, so that's why I posted it here. Same subject came up in that thread, some in attendance posted they heard boos, other said they didn't. Thought at least one poster said they were by the student section and heard boos.

To be clear, I meant Coyle not Fleck.

Love Carter or hate him, he was a great player for the Gophers, and he obviously still cares about the program. he's also one of the few prominent alumni who cares enough to state an opinion in public. Sure didn't hear a lot from other former players during the whole Claeys mess and Fleck hiring.

Love Carter or hate him, he was a great player for the Gophers, and he obviously still cares about the program. he's also one of the few prominent alumni who cares enough to state an opinion in public. Sure didn't hear a lot from other former players during the whole Claeys mess and Fleck hiring.

You only hear from Carter when he is bitching about something. So what if he played for the Gophers, 90% of the fans don't remember him outside of the griping he has made over the last few years. He needs to just go away.

Agreed. I'm done talking about Kayler. I doubt he gets fired anyway...

For better or worse, football is pretty far down on the University's priorities. I'd be shocked if a president was fired for the handling of an athletics program. The school is thriving, so Kaler is safe. If Fleck takes us to new heights, in 30 years Coyle and Kaler will be heralded for being in charge for "The Beginning." Very few will shed any tears about a handful of players nobody remembers being kicked out of school or a historical footnote of a coach who was shown the door.

If Fleck is a flop - Coyle's seat should be hot because an AD's job is to hire and fire coaches. Kaler is safe as long as the research and academia are in good order.

This is why Trump won't throw out the first pitch

Top Bottom