Doogie: "There is buzz about an impact transfer landing here."

for the green talk, he has a long way to go. His delivery is soooo sloooooooowwwww, with not a ton of zip. I wouldnt hold my breathe on him.

So a sure fire starter for Kill/Claeys?

Not sure SG missed any practices.
Many reports stating he is behind Rhoda, Croft, and Morgan in practice. Combine that with PJF never mentioning him and it is fair to wonder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ever hear of diversion tactics? Don't tell the enemy what the actual plans are. We are all guesssing right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ever hear of diversion tactics? Don't tell the enemy what the actual plans are. We are all guesssing right now.

I like to think one day we'll be good enough to legitimately worry that someone might be watching.... not sure that is now.

I like how Doogie says this & there is zero follow up. Get those clicks buddy, get em'...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Doogie, where's the beef you promised? We are still waiting.

Whatever happened with BJ Autry?

Is there still buzz? Looking for the buzz.

Impact Player, please report to coach Fleck ASAP.

The anti doogie circle jerk here is amazing. He's one of the only media members in town that is not only informed about the Gophers but also wants to see them succeed. People here want to burn him at the stake.
'

I don't think it's anti-Doogie as a person. Speaking for me personally, I don't like these "teaser" kinds of headlines and stories. If you know something, report it. If you don't know something, don't make it seem like you're sitting on some big scoop or inside knowledge.

Saying there's "buzz" about a transfer is - in my book - repeating a rumor. It's like in HS when everybody knew that 'Suzie' went to 3rd base with 'Tommy.' Repeating a rumor does not make it a fact. Repeating a rumor does not make it a news story. I think that's what people are reacting to.

And, to be blunt, there is a general anti-media bias or tone on this board. Other than Joe C, name one media member that gets praised on this board. (OK, I can name one - some people like Mike Grimm on play-by-play. I'm not a fan of Grimm, but to each his own.)

The anti doogie circle jerk here is amazing. He's one of the only media members in town that is not only informed about the Gophers but also wants to see them succeed. People here want to burn him at the stake.
'

Were you around during the search for Tubby's replacement? It was hilarious. He kept throwing names out that were obviously from an agent. He does these random click-bate posts.

I don't hate Doogie, he is just transparent. He tries to play the click bate game but he is so obviously NOT connected that he doesn't really add anything.

Then he'll do things like "people are saying that we shouldn't be surprised if Tanner Morgan has a shot at serious playing time next year". Ok.

Let's all do our own Doogie impression.

"Sources say Gophers plan to pass it nearly as much as they run it next year. Click for more details."

Or

"Sources say Fleck going hard after multiple 4 star recruits."

"Sources say Gophers plan to pass it nearly as much as they run it next year. Click for more details."

Or

"Sources say Gophers expecting additional commitments from recruits before National Signing Day"

In Spoofin's recent Podcast he said there are rumors the Gophers are going to get a top caliber/ready to start transfer. Not for certain yet, so have to keep the name quiet for now.

In Spoofin's recent Podcast he said there are rumors the Gophers are going to get a top caliber/ready to start transfer. Not for certain yet, so have to keep the name quiet for now.

Thanks for putting those podcasts out there. I haven't missed one yet!

It may be true, but name the last time Doogie was ever right about anything?

"Sources say PJ Fleck will indeed be coaching in the Gophers Season Opener"

I have no idea how Doogie has the time to do actual reporting considering how often he's on Twitter. Kinda like Fuller

'

Love his passion and his enthusiasm around Gopher sports, but his credibility as a journalist is just awful. I'd trust CJ before Doogie.

'

No doogie hate just a bunch of people that realize he typically just theows stuff against the wall and sees what sticks. About half the time it's an outright guess on his part.

#coacheslivesmatter

'

It's not so much "anti doogie" it's just making fun of his habit of just tossing out any old garbage as a tweet. That's just good fun.

I've got no problem with anyone who actually puts some effort into covering the Gophers in a not entirely negative way in this town.

Exactly. I have no real problem with Doogie. It's just good fun to give him crap, when he's posting such obvious click bait.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Or

Day 1: "Coach Fleck agrees with what I've always said - recruiting stars are meaningless"
Day 2: "Coach Fleck pursuing three major 5* recruits!!

or

"Sources say attendance for the Spring Game will be lower than the Opening Game against Buffalo"

I'll play the contrarian.

How is Doogie any different than Sid or Charley Walters? Sid actually did break news back in the 70s and before that, but not since. They're notes columnists -- writing what they hear is what they do. To the extent that those two are right more often is now mostly a function of waiting until everybody else has the same news. What's the point in that?

I think Doogie gets a lot of his info from agents, and he's probably being played often. I would agree that he needs to do more checking before immediately repeating what he hears.

Top Bottom