Doogie: "There is buzz about an impact transfer landing here."

I have no idea how Doogie has the time to do actual reporting considering how often he's on Twitter. Kinda like Fuller

I said the same thing about the interns that have come and gone.... answer was that they don't...

I'll play the contrarian.

How is Doogie any different than Sid or Charley Walters? Sid actually did break news back in the 70s and before that, but not since. They're notes columnists -- writing what they hear is what they do. To the extent that those two are right more often is now mostly a function of waiting until everybody else has the same news. What's the point in that?

I think Doogie gets a lot of his info from agents, and he's probably being played often. I would agree that he needs to do more checking before immediately repeating what he hears.

Good points. All sports "gossip columnists" have a pretty low success rate. Comes with the territory. They deal with rumors and are used by sources to get info out there. Usually for their own benefit. Check out NBA Trade Rumors and NFL "who's gonna draft who" info. Hardly any of it comes true.

Would also offer that when Doogie is on the radio, he uses a lot of "disclaimers" and qualifiers when he talks about info that he's not completely sure of. Twitter, by the nature of the format, limits that greatly.

Twitter, by the nature of the format, limits that greatly.
He should just add it to his bio, "All information presented below is purely speculation and conjecture with little to no factual basis."

He should just add it to his bio, "All information presented below is purely speculation and conjecture with little to no factual basis."

"If anything I say here comes true, I'll be as surprised as you."

Much like the banner at the top of every page here should carry the disclaimer "EVERYTHING YOU POST CAN AND OR WILL BE TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT".

It would be a more honest approach.

I'll play the contrarian.

How is Doogie any different than Sid or Charley Walters? Sid actually did break news back in the 70s and before that, but not since. They're notes columnists -- writing what they hear is what they do. To the extent that those two are right more often is now mostly a function of waiting until everybody else has the same news. What's the point in that?

I think Doogie gets a lot of his info from agents, and he's probably being played often. I would agree that he needs to do more checking before immediately repeating what he hears.

I'll give you Charley, and Sid is struggling recently. However, in very recent years he was still breaking news. He is the one that broke Gardy being let go, for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll give you Charley, and Syd is struggling recently. However, in very recent years he was still breaking news. He is the one that broke Gardy being let go, for example.

Even Bagdad Bob had breaking news breaking all the time....

I'll give you Charley, and Syd is struggling recently. However, in very recent years he was still breaking news. He is the one that broke Gardy being let go, for example.

I didn't mean to imply that Sid and Charley are never right. But I do think it's odd that you used this example. Sid received a lot of attention for saying that Gardenhire was expected to return in 2015. Gardy was fired a week later.

http://www.startribune.com/hartman-ryan-gardenhire-expected-to-return-to-twins/272245891/

I didn't mean to imply that Sid and Charley are never right. But I do think it's odd that you used this example. Sid received a lot of attention for saying that Gardenhire was expected to return in 2015. Gardy was fired a week later.

http://www.startribune.com/hartman-ryan-gardenhire-expected-to-return-to-twins/272245891/

Yes, because e will always support the local coaches to the bitter end. Yet, he still was first to break it.

Here's a good read from Reusse on Sid and how he was still breaking news in 2014. Yes, he can be hard to listen to now, but it's amazing how long he stayed relevant - definitely way beyond the 70's, as was asserted.

http://m.startribune.com/reusse-don-t-underestimate-sid/259684211/

Yes, because e will always support the local coaches to the bitter end. Yet, he still was first to break it.

Here's a good read from Reusse on Sid and how he was still breaking news in 2014. Yes, he can be hard to listen to now, but it's amazing how long he stayed relevant - definitely way beyond the 70's, as was asserted.

http://m.startribune.com/reusse-don-t-underestimate-sid/259684211/

So he broke the news that he would return and he broke the news that he would be fired. All in the same week. Cool.

Getting back to the point, I wonder what the reaction would be on this board if Doogie did that.

any update on this rumor?

Almost

any update on this rumor?

In Gopher basketball, Matz Stockman, 7'2 is transferring in from Louisville. He has to sit one year to play one. Too many better players ahead of him at Louisville. Hopefully, he'll help the Gophers but impact transfer would be over zealous in the description of it. There were no rumors of this happening however.

Maybe the rumor that Doogie was referencing was the OL coming from the JUCO? Be nice if it were a DT/DE.

Maybe the rumor that Doogie was referencing was the OL coming from the JUCO? Be nice if it were a DT/DE.

That's the joy of non-specific rumor mongering. You can later claim any of it was true. He'd make a great fortune teller.

Top Bottom