Doogie: "There is buzz about an impact transfer landing here."

Classic hard hitting Doogie reporting! Lean on facts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clearly means we're stuck with the status quo. Or the "unnamed transfer" is coming from Hamline.

Zach Terrell grad transfer?

From WMU? That would have an impact...

PJ..."I know what you said publicly Mark, but this kid is ELITE!"

As much as I'd like to see Zaire, not sure how that would play for future of current group we have. Would kill confidence, wouldn't it?
Did just see discussion on another board about his gf being a Gopher WBB player...so, maybe?

Would he be an upgrade over our current group? Looking at his stats, he had some good games and some not so good. He has played in some games over the past few years, which is the one positive of him coming.
But, bringing him in for a year just puts off starting a QB from our current group for another year. Doesn't send a good message to Croft or Green.
Thus we would go into 2018 with an inexperienced QB.

Would he be an upgrade over our current group? Looking at his stats, he had some good games and some not so good. He has played in some games over the past few years, which is the one positive of him coming.
But, bringing him in for a year just puts off starting a QB from our current group for another year. Doesn't send a good message to Croft or Green.
Thus we would go into 2018 with an inexperienced QB.

As of now it looks like Rhoda is first in line for the starting QB spot so there's a good chance we go into 18 with an inexperienced QB either way.

I'm hoping it is Texas Tech DT Breiden Fehoko, but since its Doogie I'm not holding my breath.

Offensive lineman? Seems like a spot where someone could be an immediate impact

As of now it looks like Rhoda is first in line for the starting QB spot so there's a good chance we go into 18 with an inexperienced QB either way.

Good point.
Still don't see Zaire as an upgrade over what we have now.
Also believe that Croft and Rhoda will be battling for the starting role right up until the week before the opening game. So Rhoda may be in the lead right now for the starting role, but it is a very tight race between those two.

Offensive lineman? Seems like a spot where someone could be an immediate impact

You would think that FCS linemen still thinking they have a shot at the NFL would be scrambling to graduate and try to get the U interested. We're going to get a ton of media just because PJF is energetic on camera and quotable.

You would think that FCS linemen still thinking they have a shot at the NFL would be scrambling to graduate and try to get the U interested. We're going to get a ton of media just because PJF is energetic on camera and quotable.

Not sure an FCS transfer would be considered "impact" by the media. Not sure though as we're just speculating about speculation.

Good point.
Still don't see Zaire as an upgrade over what we have now.
Also believe that Croft and Rhoda will be battling for the starting role right up until the week before the opening game. So Rhoda may be in the lead right now for the starting role, but it is a very tight race between those two.

My comment about Zaire was kinda a joke as I don't see it happening. He'll have better options. But he would be an upgrade. He has lots of talent. But Kelly is a confidence killer.

Will Seth Green convert to another role? Has anybody seen him play in HS or in the Gopher practices?

At one point in time he being touted as a potential heir apparent. Any thoughts?

Will Seth Green convert to another role? Has anybody seen him play in HS or in the Gopher practices?

At one point in time he being touted as a potential heir apparent. Any thoughts?

I think a lot of people are reading too much into Fleck not mentioning Green the other day. I'm fairly sure Green hadn't practiced at that point due to not being reinstated.

That said, I've seen rumors that he could convert to TE. I've never seen him play personally, so I don't know how likely or unlikely that is. I've also seen where people have said he fit the old offense better than the new, but again, don't personally know if that's really true.

I think a lot of people are reading too much into Fleck not mentioning Green the other day. I'm fairly sure Green hadn't practiced at that point due to not being reinstated.

That said, I've seen rumors that he could convert to TE. I've never seen him play personally, so I don't know how likely or unlikely that is. I've also seen where people have said he fit the old offense better than the new, but again, don't personally know if that's really true.

Not sure SG missed any practices.
Many reports stating he is behind Rhoda, Croft, and Morgan in practice. Combine that with PJF never mentioning him and it is fair to wonder.

for the green talk, he has a long way to go. His delivery is soooo sloooooooowwwww, with not a ton of zip. I wouldnt hold my breathe on him.

Many reports stating he is behind Rhoda, Croft, and Morgan in practice. Combine that with PJF never mentioning him and it is fair to wonder.

On Tuesday he was ahead of Morgan but still behind the others.

I'd agree that he has a long way to go. He seems like a great athlete but from what I saw, he doesn't throw the ball that well.

Spillane?

I know it's fun to speculate on all the guys it could be, but this is by far the most likely if Doogie is right. Frankly it would be a surprise if Spillane didn't end up here. He was WMU's leading tackler, so that would be a big impact.

He would have to sit 2017 since he's not a grad, but still makes a big impact on the 2018 squad.

Green

Green was in the day 1 or 2 video highlights. He was practicing. I would be surprised if he switches positions. He's not getting lapped, he's just trailing at this point. He could still emerge the winner, light bulbs do turn on, people do rally. He doesn't have to overtake Tom Brady.

Top Bottom