2014 PG's

balds

Reaction score
Fun to re-visit our 2014 wish list for PG's. I think we did ok, seeing as we "settled".

1) Tyus Jones
2) Tyler Ulis - averaging 5.6 ppt with the Phoenix Suns
3) Kaleb Joseph - Syracuse, quickly fell out of favor and is transferring to Creighton.
4) Jaquon Newton - averaged 13.5 for Miami this year.
5) Tum Tum - Michigan St.
6) Nate Mason.

I'd put Mason at number 3 as of today.

Given that Tyus and Ulis are both in the NBA now the only guy I guess I'd take is Newton. Newton and Mason are pretty comparable though I think Newton needs the ball a lot more where I tend to think Mason could excel as more of a combo guy on and off the ball.

Would've loved to have gotten Newton and Mason that year. That'd be dynamic.

Fun to re-visit our 2014 wish list for PG's. I think we did ok, seeing as we "settled".

1) Tyus Jones
2) Tyler Ulis - averaging 5.6 ppt with the Phoenix Suns
3) Kaleb Joseph - Syracuse, quickly fell out of favor and is transferring to Creighton.
4) Jaquon Newton - averaged 13.5 for Miami this year.
5) Tum Tum - Michigan St.
6) Nate Mason.

I'd put Mason at number 3 as of today.

We were also in on Riley LeChance who went to Vandy. and Josh Perkins at Gonzaga

We were also in on Riley LeChance who went to Vandy. and Josh Perkins at Gonzaga

I think we also offered Quentin Snider before he went to Louisville and Josh Gray who ended up in the SEC (I think).

Wasn't Newton and Whitehead the dream back court of 2014?

For a few days, or maybe a week. I forgot about Perkins, although if I remember correctly, he only mentioned that he'd like to play with Vaughn which lead to rampant speculation. I also forgot about LaChance, although I think we preferred Mason.

Wasn't there some chatter about EC Matthews (RI?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom