B1G NBA Early Declare List

Yeah Michigan would be hurting big time if Wilson and Wagner leave, especially since Donnal is transferring as well. They would essentially be losing 5 of their top 7 players from last year and only have a 3 man recruiting class coming in(along with Kentucky transfer Charles Matthews). They'd be extremely young.

If those guys come back, it wouldn't surprise me to see them win the B1G though, unfortunately.

Yeah Michigan would be hurting big time if Wilson and Wagner leave, especially since Donnal is transferring as well. They would essentially be losing 5 of their top 7 players from last year and only have a 3 man recruiting class coming in(along with Kentucky transfer Charles Matthews). They'd be extremely young.

If those guys come back, it wouldn't surprise me to see them win the B1G though, unfortunately.

I think Wagner has a chance to go in the first round. The Dirk comparison's might get somebody to bite. Wilson has virtually no chance. He'll be back and be a very good player next year.

I think Wagner has a chance to go in the first round. The Dirk comparison's might get somebody to bite. Wilson has virtually no chance. He'll be back and be a very good player next year.

I've actually seen Wilson being mocked as a higher pick then Wagner has been, granted these are both for 2018 mock drafts because I think consensus is both will return. But I think NBA people think DJ Wilson projects to be a better pro player. I think Wagner is the better college player, but Wilson could be the better NBA player if that makes sense. lol.

I like Wilson's potential more than Wagner. Wilson is a little soft, but he'll get stronger.

My guess is both will be back, Wilson for sure.

Even if they come back, I'd still probably have to put them behind us, MSU, Purdue and Northwestern and just ahead of Maryland. They would have some nice pieces though and their lineup could look like this

PG: Mathews the UK transfer, Xavier Simpson
SG: MAAR, Jordan Poole (#88 composite recruit)
SF: Duncan Robinson, Ibi Watson
PF: Wilson, Isaiah Livers (#133 composite recruit)
C: Wagner

Thats a solid/good lineup although having Donal would have been nice for them to have a legitimate 10 man rotation.

I love how each year 100 guys declare for the draft. How many open roster spots do they think there are?

Even if they come back, I'd still probably have to put them behind us, MSU, Purdue and Northwestern and just ahead of Maryland. They would have some nice pieces though and their lineup could look like this

Thats a solid/good lineup although having Donal would have been nice for them to have a legitimate 10 man rotation.

I see the Big Ten in Tiers of three, based on what I think will happen
Minny, Sparty and NW should battle for the top 3 (teams that can win 12-13 plus games)
4-6 Purdue, Maryland and Iowa (10-12 conference wins)
7-9 Michigan, Wisconsin and Penn State (8-10 wins)
10-11 IU and OSU (6-8 wins)
12 Rutgers, five or six wins they will be better
13-14 Illini and Nebraska, it's going to be a long year

I love how each year 100 guys declare for the draft. How many open roster spots do they think there are?

With the new rules, underclassmen can declare for the draft without an agent and go to the combine in order to get evaluated. They then will receive feedback based on the evaluation and then they can decide if they want to stay in the draft or go back to college.

With the new rules, underclassmen can declare for the draft without an agent and go to the combine in order to get evaluated. They then will receive feedback based on the evaluation and then they can decide if they want to stay in the draft or go back to college.

There will still be twice as many early entrees as draft slots and that does not even include foreign players and seniors.

He was a senior last year. (I thought he was done but maybe he only played 1 year at the D-III level before transferring to Mich?)

While most won't make it, their chances don't typically improve by staying in school either.. every year there are limited spots open and lots of guys declaring. Unless you are a top 20/30 guy, its a crap shoot anyway. Just getting a whiff is a success and you've beaten the odds. That said, if its a given you are not going to be drafted, unless you know you can play in Europe, etc for sure, staying is school isn't a horrible idea.

While most won't make it, their chances don't typically improve by staying in school either.. every year there are limited spots open and lots of guys declaring. Unless you are a top 20/30 guy, its a crap shoot anyway. Just getting a whiff is a success and you've beaten the odds. That said, if its a given you are not going to be drafted, unless you know you can play in Europe, etc for sure, staying is school isn't a horrible idea.

Yep, definitely true. Hopefully when they get their "feedback" from the pre-draft camps, someone is telling them the truth about international opportunities too. I think this is where the really shady agents can get involved, making promises to kids that they can't keep.

He was a senior last year. (I thought he was done but maybe he only played 1 year at the D-III level before transferring to Mich?)

Your right, thats a big hole they have at SF. I would guess either Poole or MA-AR would slide into that position then with the other taking the 2 guard spot.

If both leave that would solve their scholarship issue, but also make them a favorite for weakling Wednesday in the BTT

If both leave that would solve their scholarship issue, but also make them a favorite for weakling Wednesday in the BTT

The B1G will be deep next year so that's certainly possible but I think expectation that IU won't be an ncaa team still assumes Crean is coaching the team. Even without Bryant and Blackmon, IU next year will return a bunch of guys that were either top 100 recruits (e.g. Deron Davis, Robert Johnson, Juwan Morgan, Curtis Jones, possibly signee Justin Smith) and/or are experienced and have played meaningful B1G minutes (e.g. Collin Hartman, Josh Newkirk, Devonte Green). The hope (and that may be all it is) is that if IU reflects Archie Miller's Dayton teams, they will be far better defensively and take much better care of the ball. Expectations in Bloomington next year are for an NCAA team, no matter who leaves for the draft.

Final Early Declare List for B1G Players: Only 3 definitely gone

Only 3 guys from the B1G definitely leaving early. My understanding is the guys who declared but haven't hired an agent have until May 24 to withdraw their name from the draft. Obviously, Indiana, Michigan, and Purdue have the most at stake. Have a gut feeling Swanigan will go the Miles Bridges route and come back for another season.

Has or Will Hire Agent (He Gone)
OG Anunoby, Indiana
Thomas Bryant, Indiana
Trevor Thompson, Ohio State
Melo Trimble, Maryland

Declared, Hasn't Hired Agent (Can Still Return)
James Blackmon Jr., Indiana
Vince Edwards, Purdue
Isaac Haas, Purdue
Justin Jackson, Maryland
Robert Johnson, Indiana
Corey Sanders, Rutgers
Caleb Swanigan, Purdue
Moritz Wagner, Michigan
Kam Williams, Ohio State
D.J. Wilson, Michigan

Only 3 guys from the B1G definitely leaving early. My understanding is the guys who declared but haven't hired an agent have until May 24 to withdraw their name from the draft. Obviously, Indiana, Michigan, and Purdue have the most at stake. Have a gut feeling Swanigan will go the Miles Bridges route and come back for another season.

OG Anunoby, Indiana
Thomas Bryant, Indiana
Melo Trimble, Maryland

Vince Edwards, Purdue
Isaac Haas, Purdue
Justin Jackson, Maryland
Robert Johnson, Indiana
Corey Sanders, Rutgers
Caleb Swanigan, Purdue
Moritz Wagner, Michigan
Kam Williams, Ohio State
D.J. Wilson, Michigan

Per Jon Rothstein, Kam Williams has officially withdrawn from draft

OG Anunoby, Indiana
Thomas Bryant, Indiana
Melo Trimble, Maryland

Vince Edwards, Purdue
Isaac Haas, Purdue
Justin Jackson, Maryland
Robert Johnson, Indiana
Corey Sanders, Rutgers
Caleb Swanigan, Purdue
Moritz Wagner, Michigan
Kam Williams, Ohio State
D.J. Wilson, Michigan

James Blackmon is hiring an agent and staying in the draft

Updated with Blackmon Jr. staying in Draft

OG Anunoby, Indiana
Thomas Bryant, Indiana
Melo Trimble, Maryland

Declared, Hasn't Hired Agent or Announced Returning to School
Vince Edwards, Purdue
Justin Jackson, Maryland
Corey Sanders, Rutgers
Caleb Swanigan, Purdue
Moritz Wagner, Michigan
D.J. Wilson, Michigan

Robert Johnson returning to Hoosiers

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Haas decides to return to Purdue. I think he'll have a breakout year with Hammons and (likely) Swannigan gone and will for the first time be a full time starter and the #1 option. I think he'll make first team All Big Ten.

Haas actually averaged a better per 40 PPG than Swannigan last year at 25.9 and 27.4 as a sophomore.

Updated with Haas decision

OG Anunoby, Indiana
Thomas Bryant, Indiana
Melo Trimble, Maryland

Vince Edwards, Purdue
Justin Jackson, Maryland
Corey Sanders, Rutgers
Caleb Swanigan, Purdue
Moritz Wagner, Michigan
D.J. Wilson, Michigan

Updated with Jackson decision

Justin Jackson (Maryland) is returning for sophomore season.

Sounds like Corey Sanders (Rutgers) will stay in draft.

Michigan and Purdue have a lot at stake in next 12 hours.

OG Anunoby, Indiana
Thomas Bryant, Indiana
Melo Trimble, Maryland

Vince Edwards, Purdue
Corey Sanders, Rutgers
Caleb Swanigan, Purdue
Moritz Wagner, Michigan
D.J. Wilson, Michigan