STrib: Fleck sold Winfield on staying at Minnesota

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Joe:

One of P.J. Fleck's most important selling jobs since taking over as Gophers coach came when he convinced sophomore safety Antoine Winfield Jr., not to transfer.

Winfield, who was named a freshman All-America safety last year by Pro Football Focus, was one of the 10 Gophers players disciplined for their roles in an alleged September sexual assault last year.

The University's office for Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action recommended a one-year suspension for Winfield.

His father, former Vikings defensive back Antoine Winfield Sr., told reporters his son likely would transfer.

But Fleck flew to Texas and convinced Winfield to stick things out with the new coaching staff.

The safety has since won two appeals and had his punishment thrown out.

After a dominant performance in Saturday's practice, Winfield was at it again Tuesday. On one play, Conor Rhoda threw a pass for Tyler Johnson, but Winfield jumped and tipped the ball to himself for an interception.

Facing cornerback depth issues, Fleck said Winfield might play three different roles: safety, nickel and cornerback.

"He can do a lot of things," Fleck said. "He is one of the best athletes, and I think one of the best people.

"He is an unbelievable young man."

http://www.startribune.com/fleck-so...399523/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

Go Gophers!!

per Joe:

Facing cornerback depth issues, Fleck said Winfield might play three different roles: safety, nickel and cornerback.

http://www.startribune.com/fleck-so...399523/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

Go Gophers!!

Hear very, verygood reports on Winfield...also on Kiondre and Shenault at corner. Kiondre has star potential, the reported fastest 40 on the team speed shows up in live action and he has great size. Shenault seems to have continued improvement made last year; also hear Kunle and McGhee both look good. Good core of five DBs to build on.

Have not heard much on Craighton or Huff, both who have some experience, or the walk ons, Dipre (who had a MAC scholarship) and Cooper (who has some juco experience)...also heard Durr was getting around and engaged, but have not heard if any chance he makes it back for 2017...if they can get something out of at least three of those, makes for a good group of eight guys with experience to mix in with the high end talent 4 freshmen DBS coming in that we flipped from TX Tech, Cincinnati, Mizzou, Oregon, and Four star HandyHolly. Mark Williams has also been mentioned as potential db.

I was worried about the secondary with all the Eoaa stuff, but it seems we came out of it with a chance to have a really nice three deep on campus in June.

Hear very, verygood reports on Winfield...also on Kiondre and Shenault at corner. Kiondre has star potential, the reported fastest 40 on the team speed shows up in live action and he has great size. Shenault seems to have continued improvement made last year; also hear Kunle and McGhee both look good. Good core of five DBs to build on.

Have not heard much on Craighton or Huff, both who have some experience, or the walk ons, Dipre (who had a MAC scholarship) and Cooper (who has some juco experience)...also heard Durr was getting around and engaged, but have not heard if any chance he makes it back for 2017...if they can get something out of at least three of those, makes for a good group of eight guys with experience to mix in with the high end talent 4 freshmen DBS coming in that we flipped from TX Tech, Cincinnati, Mizzou, Oregon, and Four star HandyHolly. Mark Williams has also been mentioned as potential db.

I was worried about the secondary with all the Eoaa stuff, but it seems we came out of it with a chance to have a really nice three deep on campus in June.

Have heard that Fleck is high on Huff.

A good story, but why do I get suckered into reading comments on StarTrib articles? So many uninformed, delusional, muttonheaded comments. And, unfortunately I can't even comment to set them straight as I once ridiculed a story in the Variety section that the freelance author did not appreciate. Banned for life, I guess. Or, at least until I'm motivated enough to create a new account.

Have heard that Fleck is high on Huff.

Huff seems like a guy with good "How." Both him and his brother maybe "too" small, "too" slow but Chicago tough with smarts that have earned playing time from first year!

Fifth year guys McGhee and Ayinde, plus third year guys Shenault, Huff, Craighton along with wise beyond his years Winfield should help bring along the big crew of talented dbs.

PJF's best sell job thus far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just glad he is not cheesing.

Holy moly. I consider myself fairly wordy bit had to look this up on urban dictionary.

Huffing Cat Urine. It is called Cheesing because it is Fon to Due.

It causes a euphoric state where the user hallucinates. Such hallucinations include, but are not limited to, flying through space, driving rocket cars, meeting women with rokin' tits, flying on squirrel dragons, saving said big breasted woman etc. Usually 80s heavy metal power rock is playing in the background.
You also get to fight in the Breasturary, and swim in the fountains of Varnuf with the Itty-titty fairies of Mammary Mountain, as well as fight the boob-goblin in the Gozonga Cave.

20% of students between the ages of 6 - 12 have said they have tried it at least once.

Other slang terms for cheesing:
The Cheese Game
Vitamin Cheese
Mary Jane Piss in yo face fun time.

How to tell if your child is Cheesing:
1.) Your child seems distant, preoccupied.
2.) Your child's face smells like cat urine.
3.) When you see tigers at the zoo, your child starts grinding his or her teeth.

Great job of keeping Winfield on the team. McGee seemed to be flying around in some of the videos and PJ was giving him a big bear hug of appreciation at one point. Looks like the DB's are going to be just fine.

Holy moly. I consider myself fairly wordy bit had to look this up on urban dictionary.

It causes a euphoric state where the user hallucinates. Such hallucinations include, but are not limited to, flying through space, driving rocket cars, meeting women with rokin' tits, flying on squirrel dragons, saving said big breasted woman etc. Usually 80s heavy metal power rock is playing in the background.
You also get to fight in the Breasturary, and swim in the fountains of Varnuf with the Itty-titty fairies of Mammary Mountain, as well as fight the boob-goblin in the Gozonga Cave.

20% of students between the ages of 6 - 12 have said they have tried it at least once.

The Cheese Game
Vitamin Cheese

3.) When you see tigers at the zoo, your child starts grinding his or her teeth.

Lay off the mushrooms.

The Cheese Game
Vitamin Cheese

I will file this under "Something new that I learned today".

Who's up for some Mary Jane piss in yo face fun time before the Spring Game?

Man, I had smelled the smell but I thought my kid was just drinking cat urine. Now I am worried.

The Cheese Game
Vitamin Cheese

Not a South Park fan, I see.

The Cheese Game
Vitamin Cheese

You took this seriously huh? It's all from a show called South Park. You tube it. It's hilarious.

Top Bottom