Championship Droughts

Denver_Gopher

Reaction score
It has been along time since these five schools won a conference championship in football. Which school(s) are in the best position to break their drought?

1912 Iowa State
1923 Vanderbilt
1941 Mississippi State
1963 Ole Miss
1967 Indiana and Minnesota

My honest opinion is the Gophers followed by Mississippi State, Mississippi, Indiana, Iowa State and then Vanderbilt

When I first read the question I thought it was best position in that group to win a national championship. I would pick Ole Miss even with the post season ban this year.

When I first read the question I thought it was best position in that group to win a national championship. I would pick Ole Miss even with the post season ban this year.

I thought about Ole Miss as well, but not sure how long it will take them to get back on track, not to mention Alabama and Auburn both in the same division.

Also, not sure I'd pick Indiana in front of Iowa State.

Is it okay to say none of the above? [emoji41]

Deleted. I read the question wrong. I agree with you. Gophers.

When I first skimmed the thread title I thought it said "doughnuts". I was very disappointed to look closer and see it said droughts.

Guys,
There is a gentlemen's agreement that a certain game will never be spoken of on here. Speaking of said game should result in an instant ban from this site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't Miss St in a heap of trouble right now? Would drop them down the list...

Yep...realized after I posted I put the wrong school, thanks.

As much as I dislike the "everybody cheats" line, the SI video basically says they don't expect much, even though EVERYONE was saying they were cheating when they started signing rockstars without any real line as to why. Hope Ole Miss gets spanked hard and all the schools listed get a conference champ before them.

It has been along time since these five schools won a conference championship in football. Which school(s) are in the best position to break their drought?

1912 Iowa State
1923 Vanderbilt
1941 Mississippi State
1963 Ole Miss
1967 Indiana and Minnesota

My honest opinion is the Gophers followed by Mississippi State, Mississippi, Indiana, Iowa State and then Vanderbilt

We could add these teams to this question:

South Carolina (1969)
Vanderbilt (1923 - Southern Conference)
Missouri (1969 - Big Eight)

Is it okay to say none of the above? [emoji41]

I guess I'd counter that with any of the above?

In all those teams' cases they need a couple under the radar studs to develop, get lucky with a softer schedule, and get lucky with another team or two dropping a game they shouldn't and a lucky break in a game or two. At least right now.

But to say that couldn't happen with Iowa State or Vandy or Indiana or Ole Miss is probably not accurate. I think it's less likely than with MSU or U of M as of today, but not impossible.

Hopefully in a couple years we'll be asking how long until we get our next title... :)

Top Bottom