Extensive Q&A: Tre Jones Talks Another State Title, Recruiting, Gophers and More

Duke is the heavy favorite to land Darius Garland, PG, #7 overall in 2018 rankings. They are also in on other PGs rated higher than Jones. I for one, don't think he goes Duke. Do the Gophers have a chance? I have no idea but him to Duke is far from a lock imo

Duke is the heavy favorite to land Darius Garland, PG, #7 overall in 2018 rankings. They are also in on other PGs rated higher than Jones. I for one, don't think he goes Duke. Do the Gophers have a chance? I have no idea but him to Duke is far from a lock imo

Exactly. I feel like Duke is behind Arizona and UCLA at this point.

Exactly. I feel like Duke is behind Arizona and UCLA at this point.

I agree with this but even Arizona has 2017 PG Alex Borcello coming in who's viewed as their PG of the future while also being favorites to land 2018 PG Brandon Williams (#5 PG and #17 overall in the country) and UCLA has the youngest Ball brother coming in the class after Tre's. Oregon's starting PG is a freshman and they have another 4* PG coming in the 2017 class. The Gophers should very much be in it.

I agree with this but even Arizona has 2017 PG Alex Borcello coming in who's viewed as their PG of the future while also being favorites to land 2018 PG Brandon Williams (#5 PG and #17 overall in the country) and UCLA has the youngest Ball brother coming in the class after Tre's. Oregon's starting PG is a freshman and they have another 4* PG coming in the 2017 class. The Gophers should very much be in it.

Interesting bit thanks for the info. It would be ideal if these 2018 guys (not Tre) would start committing to Duke/UA sooner rather than later. I also hope that Pitino can get him on campus and get him around the other guys with Oturu.

Extensive Q&A: Tre Jones Talks Another State Title, Recruiting, Gophers and More

Gophs put together another good year, Mason having a great season, another post season trip, then the gophs become a lot more plausible an option. Coffey has opened the door for MN kids making a brand here. Jones may want to continue that

How we do next year will have no influence. He will be signing in November. That said, it's not that unlikely he will go to MN. As long as we are competitive there will be kids who want to stay home. We won't get them all as there will be kids that will want to leave. Yet, it's not as automatic as some think for kids to leave once you have a decent program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's an excellent point....I still think he takes the legacy route to Duke but with Tre supposedly being close with Oturu and Race, I think our hat is still in the ring. The idea of both Tre and Isaiah in the same backcourt has me drooling...or it was the glue I sniffed 20 minutes ago.

Julia Gluie Dreyfus

Agreed though! Those 2 in the same backcourt would be absolutely lethal for anyone to guard. Jelly-Tre

Love the idea.......

Julia Gluie Dreyfus

.....those 2 in the same backcourt would be absolutely lethal for anyone to guard. Jelly-Tre

of a jelly-tray (tre) Isaiah's marketing staff should put this under their thinking caps. I'm thinking of a bunch of different varities of jelly....and by the way...Tre is already very good at the jelly roll.

It may all depend on them meeting this summer and deciding whether they can coexist when they are both true points and leaders. But thee is nothing wrong with sharing if your winning!

of a jelly-tray (tre) Isaiah's marketing staff should put this under their thinking caps. I'm thinking of a bunch of different varities of jelly....and by the way...Tre is already very good at the jelly roll.

It may all depend on them meeting this summer and deciding whether they can coexist when they are both true points and leaders. But thee is nothing wrong with sharing if your winning!

I could already see a maroon Tee with a Gold colored jello-mold shaped like a basketball. That or a jar of Smuckers jelly with the label altered with their names and U of M on it.

Top Bottom