Shaka to Georgetown?

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
I read today he is being linked to the georgetown job. I'll try to find the article but if he does go, think Sims follows or would he decide playing in Dinkytown sounds fun?

Texas just announced a home and home with VCU that starts next year so I think because of that he's probably staying put. Shaka at Texas has always been a really weird fit though...tough to see him staying there long term even though it's a pretty high ceiling job.

I read today he is being linked to the georgetown job. I'll try to find the article but if he does go, think Sims follows or would he decide playing in Dinkytown sounds fun?

With Gilbert transferring, Sims would be a wonderful addition to that class. I'm not sure how Sims and Oturu would fit next to each other but the athleticism would be off the charts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With Gilbert transferring, Sims would be a wonderful addition to that class. I'm not sure how Sims and Oturu would fit next to each other but the athleticism would be off the charts.

Sims projects best as a 4 and Oturu as 5, so I don't see any reason why they wouldn't fit well together. Would be pretty awesome to add him to this class.

That would be a dream scenario, obviously.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Has it been confirmed that Gilbert is transferring?

I know it's not going great for Shaka at Texas but oof that's a big step down.

I know it's not going great for Shaka at Texas but oof that's a big step down.

It really isn't for basketball. Georgetown is a good basketball brand. He wouldn't have trouble recruiting there and it is in a very talent rich area. Georgetown just opened a new massive practice facility as well. As far as salary goes, John Thompson III was making around what Shaka is making at Texas, so that isn't a problem either.

Has it been confirmed that Gilbert is transferring?

If you read this forum religiously you'd have thought it happened already.

O word from Gilbert himself. Just self proclaimed insiders and a dude behind a paywall.

O word from Gilbert himself. Just self proclaimed insiders and a dude behind a paywall.

Whether or not it's Gilbert, Ryan James and Marcus said that there's a 99.9% chance someone is leaving the program. Source is the most recent One and Done podcast.

I'm on here a lot and somehow I missed a really big thread. Turns out I did not

Shaka is not going anywhere. Just told Matt Colemans family that he will see him all the way through and was on the radio today giving a complete rundown of his situation at Texas.

Know nothing of anyone outgoing but the Gophers are looking at Nisra Zouzoua

Has John Thompson III been fired? I must have missed that along with Gilbert saying he would be transferring.

Shaka would do well going to Georgetown and reentering the heart of his recruiting base. I wouldn't call Georgetown a step down from Texas as it has a much richer basketball history.

Has John Thompson III been fired? I must have missed that along with Gilbert saying he would be transferring.

Shaka would do well going to Georgetown and reentering the heart of his recruiting base. I wouldn't call Georgetown a step down from Texas as it has a much richer basketball history.

Yeah, JT3 was fired...think it was last week.

Georgetown will not pay what Texas pays. Smart is knocking it out of the park recruiting and the fertile DC metro and Baltimore area kids are looking at Nova and Maryland and the ACC. The administration at Georgetown has turned over and no longer support basketball the way they have in the past. Facilities are way behind.

Georgetown will not pay what Texas pays. Smart is knocking it out of the park recruiting and the fertile DC metro and Baltimore area kids are looking at Nova and Maryland and the ACC. The administration at Georgetown has turned over and no longer support basketball the way they have in the past. Facilities are way behind.

I don't know. D.C. players could keep their same dealers playing at Georgetown and play at the Verizon center.

Top Bottom