6th Annual Gophers Spring Game Tailgate for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society!

GopherLady

Reaction score
I was excited, many of you were asking if we were doing this again, and we are! The U hasn't set the tailgate times or lots yet, but we needed to get our invite out so people can plan.

Instead of lugging all your tailgating stuff to the lot, setting up, cooking, cleaning up, buying beer...join ours. We'll have the Gopher Van set up, and you can eat all the food you can and drink all the beer you want for $35 a person (if you pre-pay, day of is $50). Also, since we're getting everything donated, every cent goes to LLS!

I think anyone that's been in the past, knows it's a blast. We've had special appearances by Goldy, Jerry Kill, Eric Decker, and many others in the past...who knows what surprises we'll have this year? :)

Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/260578844394691/

For those of you who don't have FB, copy and paste:
Come join us for the Spring Gopher Football Game
(Time tailgating starts and the lots have yet to be released by the U - but this is what we did last year):
Place: Ski U Mah lot
Time: Tailgate 9am
Spring game: Noon TCF Bank Stadium

This is a fundraising event for LLS's Man & Woman of the Year competition. Both Bobbi Dahlstrom and Kevin Knudsen's teams are benefactors of the day!

Please pre-pay at:
http://www.mwoy.org/pages/mn/MN17/bdahlstrom
OR
http://www.mwoy.org/pages/mn/MN17/kknudsen
Under the "your message" section type in "Gopher Tailgate"

If you can't make it, please consider donating any ole way!

Cost for tailgate (the game is FREE):
$35 for adults & $5 dollars for children if purchased by April 13th.
($50 if purchased April 14-15; $10 for kids)
Please do pre-pay or RSVP on Facebook, as we want to get a good idea for numbers by Friday.

Price includes:
Food and drinks! The menu is still being determined, but I think you all know we know how the throw down. There will for sure be the burger bar with ALL the fixin's!

For purchase: Jello shots!
There will also be a raffle for several items (tba)
Availability of cornhole/beanbags, too!

Great news, we just secured our beer sponsor for the 6th year in a row (we truly couldn't do it without their donations), thank you Original Gravity!!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm seeing on GopherSports.com that the game is now at noon. Does that change the start time for the tailgate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm seeing on GopherSports.com that the game is now at noon. Does that change the start time for the tailgate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! They just announced it Thursday and updated the invite, but didn't edit this. Yes, we'll start at 9am, and the game is at noon.

Just got word that we'll be having a very special guest appearance...

Ok, everyone, last post about this. A few things...
1. It looks like we're going to stay dry, it looks clear until at least 1pm (yay!)
2. The final menu has been set:
Along with all the beer from Original Gravity...
Full burger bar with toppings
- Hot Dogs
- Pulled Chicken
- Macaroni and cheese
- Caprese pasta salad
- Cheeey potaotes
- Jalapeno poppers
- Baked Bean Dish (hot)
- BBQ Meat Balls (hot)
- Veggie Tray
- Chipotle/Raspberry Bean Dip with Chips
- Veggie Swedish Meatballs
- Taco dip platter & chips
- Mexican casserole
- Sodas and water

And a BLOODY MARY BAR!!!
3. We're going to be raffling this PJ Fleck helmet off, along with other items like Twins dugout tickets!

Come and help us raise money to find a cure for blood cancers, it's a blast, we're doing all the work, the set up, etc...you just get to come, donate and enjoy!

Top Bottom