North Carolina

When has the NCAA ever been about even level competition? Its entertainment. I get if people don't like what it is and tune out. I don't get people tuning in and complaining about these things. Especially when its an 'academic' scandal when there are tons of well documented cases nationwide that show colleges don't care at all about these players' academics

And all I'm saying is that the entertainment value is an order of magnitude higher with a more level playing field. If I want a farce, I'll watch professional wrestling.

The NCAA cares about one thing $$$$, I wear this shirt every chance I get when around college sporting events. SCAM.jpg

When has the NCAA ever been about even level competition? Its entertainment. I get if people don't like what it is and tune out. I don't get people tuning in and complaining about these things. Especially when its an 'academic' scandal when there are tons of well documented cases nationwide that show colleges don't care at all about these players' academics

Um ... then maybe we shouldn't have the season that never was and give us a banner. The point is if a lot of this goes on, why us ... duh.

North Carolina's academic fraud in terms of scope and duration seems unprecedented. The lack of any NCAA action to date is difficult to understand as is the lack of sportscasters discussion of it.

1. It is unprecedented.

2. The NCAA simply doesn't give a damn and neither does the media. The NCAA will slow-play any potential sanctions until the issue is virtually unnoticed or completely forgotten. Either that or they'll simply try to make it go away by handing down some ridiculously light sentence, wag their meanie finger at UNC and then claim the penalties are plenty harsh for the infraction.

All and all, it will business as usual for Emmert and his merry band of crooks in Indy, which is just the way they like it.

The UNC SITUATION is shameful. USC got wacked for Reggie Bushs stepfather getting a house from a prospective agent and they should have been penalized. What UNC has done is far beyond whatever was done here and i am fine with the Penalty that was imposed but UNC should be stripped of two titles and get three years probation. Read the report, this has been egregious. Other ACC schools are displeased. Syracuse and Louisville were given penalties for far lessand they self reported. Admittedly they did this to lessen the punishment but they did not pretend it did not happen. Word is they are negotiating a loss of one scholarship for 3 years and one postseason ban but no forfeits. In football you have seen rampant penalties for using inelgible players and in this case you have numerous players who never even attended fake classes created for them. Blatant cheating and it reflects poorly on those programs who play it straight as most fans say everyone cheats and that simply is not true. Richard Pitino is not cheating, Greg Gard is not cheating, Chris COLLINS and hundreds of others are playing clean and meeting the demands of compliance. This is a total failure by UNC compliance and i do think the hammer does come down on the institutional control issue. Simply , it has been and is being handled by lawyers so it will not reflect poorly on good ol Roy.

The UNC SITUATION is shameful. USC got wacked for Reggie Bushs stepfather getting a house from a prospective agent and they should have been penalized. What UNC has done is far beyond whatever was done here and i am fine with the Penalty that was imposed but UNC should be stripped of two titles and get three years probation. Read the report, this has been egregious. Other ACC schools are displeased. Syracuse and Louisville were given penalties for far lessand they self reported. Admittedly they did this to lessen the punishment but they did not pretend it did not happen. Word is they are negotiating a loss of one scholarship for 3 years and one postseason ban but no forfeits. In football you have seen rampant penalties for using inelgible players and in this case you have numerous players who never even attended fake classes created for them. Blatant cheating and it reflects poorly on those programs who play it straight as most fans say everyone cheats and that simply is not true. Richard Pitino is not cheating, Greg Gard is not cheating, Chris COLLINS and hundreds of others are playing clean and meeting the demands of compliance. This is a total failure by UNC compliance and i do think the hammer does come down on the institutional control issue. Simply , it has been and is being handled by lawyers so it will not reflect poorly on good ol Roy.

Personally I think nothing short of death will be acceptable for the program, i could live with your recommendations as I know my wish will never happen, what's more disgraceful than the scandal itself is how uncooperative UNC has been through out, even going as far to throw their women basketball program and the football program under the bus to protect their hoops team

I say that we should just hang our 1997 Final Four banner, our 1996-1997 Big Ten Champions banner and include it in all our press and web materials from now on. Let the NCAA try to make a big deal out of it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

don't know why so many people care so much. Its entertainment.

It's annoying because we have no Final Four banner or Big Ten championship banner hanging at Williams Arena and no (or very little) mention of it.

Yet UNC continues to roll on. (if UNC actually gets punished...I reserve the right to update my opinion)

On a side note...I've always been curious where those banners are???? Destroyed? Hanging in some Regents man-cave?

It's annoying because we have no Final Four banner or Big Ten championship banner hanging at Williams Arena and no (or very little) mention of it.

Yet UNC continues to roll on. (if UNC actually gets punished...I reserve the right to update my opinion)

On a side note...I've always been curious where those banners are???? Destroyed? Hanging in some Regents man-cave?

I've had a fantasy for years of some sort of Ocean's 11-style heist of the trophies and banners. I'm dead serious. I think it could be done.

This just hit the internet this morning. Stuart Mandel is a pretty well known sports writer; will be interesting to see if this sparks a greater conversation before this weekend:

"Knowing the severity of the allegations, other schools might have begged for mercy by self-imposing a postseason ban. North Carolina has done the opposite. It’s stalled, obfuscated and contested the NCAA’s authority, which has only served to draw out an already laborious process even further.

It’s a strategy that may only hurt the school in the long-term, but in the short-term it’s proven a stroke of genius. Given a window of opportunity, the Tar Heels have pounced.

And if this run ends next Monday with Williams hoisting his third national championship trophy, you might say those $18 million in legal fees were well-spent."

http://www.foxsports.com/college-ba...ademic-scandal-final-four-roy-williams-032817

Does this go all the way back to Dean Smith? I hope that smug bastard loses some victories!

Does this go all the way back to Dean Smith? I hope that smug bastard loses some victories!

Dean's smugness is nothing compared to Roy's faux righteousness. He's the definition of smarmy.

Dean's smugness is nothing compared to Roy's faux righteousness. He's the definition of smarmy.

There's only one coach who comes close to Coach K in terms of my intense dislike for. ... Roy "Aw Shucks" Williams. He and K are the two biggest phonies in all of college basketball.

I love Daggum Roy. He's like a loveable grandpa out there. Ya'll care way too much. Gophers went to the Final 4. Who cares if there's no banner recognizing it? Those who remember won't forget it. Leave my heels alone. They are fun to watch.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...-am-class-next?cid=ncaammsocial_fb_sf66099045

Real or Fake 8:00 am class?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

From NCAA.com no less. This is priceless. Shilling for its "member schools" all the way to not punishing them for 20 years of academic fraud.

I'll take it one further. If a "for profit" university manufactured classes like that, the education establishment would be calling for a shutdown of it and every other school of its type. But since UNC is a high powered research triangle university with a good basketball program, they punish women's basketball and lacrosse or whatever. The whole thing smells to high heaven. Too important to be punished. Ugh.

I love Daggum Roy. He's like a loveable grandpa out there. Ya'll care way too much. Gophers went to the Final 4. Who cares if there's no banner recognizing it? Those who remember won't forget it. Leave my heels alone. They are fun to watch.
I'd like them to win the 'ship so I can have my $200 in bracket winnings, though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom