North Carolina

BarnBurner

Reaction score
On to another Final 4 and not even a sniff of an mention of the largest academic fraud in collegiate sports.

Just more praise for Baby Blue and Roy.

Isn't the investigation still "ongoing"? LOL

Was telling my wife about that today...

Can there be any explanation, other than money (ACC television viewers, etc.) that the NCAA has dragged its heels for so long in the UNC investigation. The longer they go, the more people forget, and any likely punishment will be chastised by the media as punishing the innocent, as the current players are far removed from the fraud. Had this occurred at a non-blue blood Power 6 school, the death penalty could have been a likely NCAA response. At UNC, not so much.

This article is now two years old, but is the best coverage of the many I have read on the scandal:
http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2015/03/13/north-carolina-tar-heels-paper-classes-ncaa

Can there be any explanation, other than money (ACC television viewers, etc.) that the NCAA has dragged its heels for so long in the UNC investigation. The longer they go, the more people forget, and any likely punishment will be chastised by the media as punishing the innocent, as the current players are far removed from the fraud. Had this occurred at a non-blue blood Power 6 school, the death penalty could have been a likely NCAA response. At UNC, not so much.

At the very least, any program with this dark cloud hanging over it, it would get talked about ad nauseum on the TV broadcast. Not Carolina. Talk about sacred cows.

At the very least, any program with this dark cloud hanging over it, it would get talked about ad nauseum on the TV broadcast. Not Carolina. Talk about sacred cows.

I guarantee the NCAA warned CBS against any discussion during the March Madness broadcasts, and probably ESPN as well.

99dc7afd259b58a438b44f4f11966b96.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

99dc7afd259b58a438b44f4f11966b96.png

K. I'm not a long term Gopher fan. Scobie born and Minnesota educated. Can someone explain to me how *** pats tweet isn't a wildly inappropriate use of language regardless of validity. Did this girl really start this while during a menstural cycle? Or is he being a moron again? How does he get away with that?

K. I'm not a long term Gopher fan. Scobie born and Minnesota educated. Can someone explain to me how *** pats tweet isn't a wildly inappropriate use of language regardless of validity. Did this girl really start this while during a menstural cycle? Or is he being a moron again? How does he get away with that?

Are you ok?

I believe he is saying that the term paper was about the menstrual cycle.

The menstrual cycle was the subject of the paper.

One of the papers she provided was on premenstrual syndrome.

From SI:

d2a9cdd43f80428d780d91bf6dfedd83.png

North Carolina's academic fraud in terms of scope and duration seems unprecedented. The lack of any NCAA action to date is difficult to understand as is the lack of sportscasters discussion of it.

North Carolina's academic fraud in terms of scope and duration seems unprecedented. The lack of any NCAA action to date is difficult to understand as is the lack of sportscasters discussion of it.

I think a couple of posts in this thread explain it so it isn't hard to understand. Basically becomes all about money--for the NCAA and television. Too rich to kill.

I think a couple of posts in this thread explain it so it isn't hard to understand. Basically becomes all about money--for the NCAA and television. Too rich to kill.

That doesn't reflect well on either the NCAA or the media.

"The female menstrual cycle is the equivalent of an oil change in an automobile. The regular draining and refill of fluids is necessary to keep the engine running right". This is what was going to be handed in for a player's Public Health paper before Jan Gangelhoff provided the necessary corrections. Personally, I would have given an A for that.

UNC will never get the hammer. We know that. They make boatloads of money for the NCAA and that buys you permission to do anything. I've always been surprised the blue bloods in every sport don't do more cheating to be honest. It's blatantly obvious that if you're a traditional national power, you won't get in that big of trouble for your crime

"The female menstrual cycle is the equivalent of an oil change in an automobile. The regular draining and refill of fluids is necessary to keep the engine running right". This is what was going to be handed in for a player's Public Health paper before Jan Gangelhoff provided the necessary corrections. Personally, I would have given an A for that.

That's almost as good as Rashad McCants essay on Rosa Parks. At least Courtney James understands the mechanics of the subject!

don't know why so many people care so much. Its entertainment.

And checking the fluid level with your dipstick is equally critical from a male perspective.

Because competition should at least have the veneer of competitiveness.

When has the NCAA ever been about even level competition? Its entertainment. I get if people don't like what it is and tune out. I don't get people tuning in and complaining about these things. Especially when its an 'academic' scandal when there are tons of well documented cases nationwide that show colleges don't care at all about these players' academics

When Roy retires in a year or two, and they nave a natural off-year the NCAA will quietly 'ban' them from the post-season in a year they probably wouldn't have made it anyway. That will be their punishment.

don't know why so many people care so much. Its entertainment.

I simply take issue with the farce that is the NCAA. The NCAA surely doesn't view it as entertainment only. How about those wonderful commercials showcasing the schools and the great academics?

It is also a farce that the playing field is level. Unc example 1.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Maybe the NCAA can give him a fake check to pay for his fake classes.

Top Bottom