OL Jalen Mayfield decommits from Gophers

Isn't the first time we've lost a recruit and won't be the last. Can the passive aggressive crowd move their "Claeys would have kept him" to the Claeys vs Fleck thread?

Disappointing, but if we're going to compete for great players that will get 10+ P5 offers, we will lose some. Still like where we are now vs this point last recruiting season.

Why would he come here when he can go to his childhood dream school? Hello? Good luck to him and can't blame him one iota.

Onward and upward. Plenty of time and recruits left in this cycle. It's March.

Isn't the first time we've lost a recruit and won't be the last. Can the passive aggressive crowd move their <b>"Claeys would have kept him" </b>to the Claeys vs Fleck thread?

Disappointing, but if we're going to compete for great players that will get 10+ P5 offers, we will lose some. Still like where we are now vs this point last recruiting season.

You are literally the only person to say that. No one else even hinted at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who even brought up rankings besides you? Bringing up average star rankings is just as irrelevant as team rankings right now because some schopls have 1 or 2 commits. If they sign a full class and maintain the average they have now they'll end up in the 30-35 range.

Ummm, see Post #8...

That's pretty much my point, as I clearly stated...you know, that it doesn't matter right now. Did you read my post?

You are literally the only person to say that. No one else even hinted at it.

So I'm the only one reading a lot of Claeys should still be here and PJF isn't all that subtext in most of the threads here, including this one? PJF's seat discussion is what lead me to post this.

Yeah rankings that are dead last in the big ten are not good. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that.

What class was that which finished last?

I'm just saying Coyle appears really concerned with recruiting rankings and perception, not a good day for PJ with the new boss...get healthy Jerry, I think there might be an opening.

Ummm, see Post #8...

That's pretty much my point, as I clearly stated...you know, that it doesn't matter right now. Did you read my post?

He made a joke. You then said that the Gophers have a class in 60s and said you would be happy if they ended up 40s or 50s class?

I'm just saying Coyle appears really concerned with recruiting rankings and perception, not a good day for PJ with the new boss...get healthy Jerry, I think there might be an opening.

Yeah rankings that are dead last in the big ten are not good. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that.

He made a joke. You then said that the Gophers have a class in 60s and said you would be happy if they ended up 40s or 50s class?

You asked, he did. I did, and I would.

Also said it's fun but doesn't matter right now. Thought I was extremely clear in my posts. Anything else?

Just so I know, when can we start holding a coach accountable for a signing class? I always thought we had to at least wait until they had been in school for two or three years. Seems like a lot of fans have moved that up to signing day with rankings. In Claeys case you actually moved it to a month or more before signing day, so it wasn't even a complete class. So when do we get to pass final judgment on this class of PJ's?

Who even brought up rankings besides you? Bringing up average star rankings is just as irrelevant as team rankings right now because some schopls have 1 or 2 commits. If they sign a full class and maintain the average they have now they'll end up in the 30-35 range.

Not without a handful 4-star commits, they won't.

Good luck at Michigan...why commit in first place? If you wanted the Michigan offer why not wait a little longer

Because he had no guarantee that Michigan would eventually offer and if he waited too long for Michigan to offer, then realized they never would, we might have been full and not had a spot for him leaving him without options to either school.

So I'm the only one reading a lot of Claeys should still be here and PJF isn't all that subtext in most of the threads here, including this one? PJF's seat discussion is what lead me to post this.

I've seen many that were not happy with the way that TC was shown the door. And directed most of their ire at Coyle and Kahler. I've also seen many be thankful about what TC (and Kill) built to get the program to its current state. For the PJF worshippers, this has often been misconstrued as being a shot at Fleck. Or has been perceived that TC should be here and PJF should not. The sensitivities here border on the absurd. But has someone literally stated that TC should be here and PJF should not? Like the boogeyman or the tooth ferry, it's often talked about but doesn't exist.

You've went on this ranking tangent several times already since the 2018 class started. You have no idea where they are going to end up in the rankings 10 months from now. Many players will see their rankings adjusted by then.

A 3 star average also puts them in the 30s, not the 40s or 50s. Yes, you prove over and over again why you are the worst poster on here.

Not without a handful of 4-stars.

I've seen many that were not happy with the way that TC was shown the door. And directed most of their ire at Coyle and Kahler. I've also seen many be thankful about what TC (and Kill) built to get the program to its current state. For the PJF worshippers, this has often been misconstrued as being a shot at Fleck. Or has been perceived that TC should be here and PJF should not. The sensitivities here border on the absurd. But has someone literally stated that TC should be here and PJF should not? Like the boogeyman or the tooth ferry, it's often talked about but doesn't exist.

You don't think posters here take shots at Fleck consistently then bring up how great 9 wins was for the program?

I always marvel how a thread starts one way and then it slowly turns and twists into a pissing match.

You don't think posters here take shots at Fleck consistently then bring up how great 9 wins was for the program?

I believe there have been very few direct shots at PJF. But there are people that are rightly skeptical coming off the Brew experience and given we did have a 9 win season. It's not like we are the absolute dumpster fire of a program we were prior to Kill. But it's comical how expectations for wins can change for some depending on which coach is at the helm. Back to the point I was making... I've not seen anyone say they would rather have TC than PJF. Plenty of accusations of this, though.

I really think we should give out an award called the GH Golden Bladder Award for the GH poster who most sidetracks threads by getting into pissing matches over and over again. Some of you on this thread would be early favorites.

It's March. We are waaay ahead of schedule. We have commits and now a de-commit that we can replace. We will be just fine. Calm down. Change your best. Break the glass ceiling every day. Build a new one that's a little higher.

You've went on this ranking tangent several times already since the 2018 class started. You have no idea where they are going to end up in the rankings 10 months from now. Many players will see their rankings adjusted by then.

A 3 star average also puts them in the 30s, not the 40s or 50s. Yes, you prove over and over again why you are the worst poster on here.

And let's be honest.... if Claeys had lost a recruit now, and just signed an unranked kid from Perham you have never heard of, you would be screaming about what a lazy, crappy recruiting staff we have.

I'm just going to support our coach, whoever that is, but can't wait to see how long it takes you to be disappointed in Fleck. You will excuse him for awhile, but will likely be one of the first to turn.

I'll support Fleck all along. I take issue with people like you who won't acknowledge that Claeys, and Kill, did a great job putting the program in a position for Fleck to build the program further, not rebuild. Yes, 9 wins was great for this program. Getting to a point where they won the games they should was a big step forward.

Just so I know, when can we start holding a coach accountable for a signing class? I always thought we had to at least wait until they had been in school for two or three years. Seems like a lot of fans have moved that up to signing day with rankings. In Claeys case you actually moved it to a month or more before signing day, so it wasn't even a complete class. So when do we get to pass final judgment on this class of PJ's?

This is a complicated equation. Much like which wins count, which wins don't count, and which wins actually count as losses. Best to just sit back and wait for the dynamic duo to tell us if we did good or not.

damn, looks like a michigan offer took him away. cant blame the kid. best of Luck to him.

I get it that Jalen Mayfield grew up wanting to be a Michigan Wolverine. How committed is his offer? Harbaugh offered 192 kids, 29 OL, and more specifically 18 OTs, 12 are four stars, and one is a five star.

One would think that the Minnesota offer is more on a sure footing than Michigan's. I hope he does not live to regret decommitting from the Gophers too soon.

Michigan has little chance of ever getting an in-state Minnesota recruit with a Gopher offer.

Likewise, we have little chance of getting a Michigan kid who have a Wolverine offer.

Pretty simple.

8d7c632d9c9be88137de1bd4699e4aa5.jpg

Top Bottom