OL Jalen Mayfield decommits from Gophers

Was it over when the Wolverines bombed Pearl Harbor??? Hell no...nothing is over until Fleck decides it is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what she said.[emoji57]

He's gone. This thread is about 13 pages longer than it should be at this point.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Detroit Free Press: Michigan heavy favorite to land top in-state prospect Jalen Mayfield

Next Tuesday, Grand Rapids Catholic Central 2018 four-star offensive lineman Jalen Mayfield will make his college decision, with Michigan considered the heavy favorite for his services.

All 15 predictions on Mayfield's 247Sports Crystal Ball are in favor of the Wolverines, who altered the trajectory of his recruitment when they offered him a scholarship March 24th, spurring Mayfield's decommitment from P.J. Fleck and Minnesota. He originally committed to the Golden Gophers in February after an unofficial visit.

U-M tackles coach Greg Frey has led the charge for Mayfield, who is 24/7 Sports' top recruit in the state. He is No. 6 on the 24/7Sports Composite. He fits Frey's mold at offensive tackle as an undersized (weight-wise) but athletic player who will thrive in a college-level weight room. Mayfield has helped his case as a top-level prospect in the past couple months following a strong performance at a Nike camp in Chicago. 247Sports Director of Scouting Barton Simmons recently made him the state's top prospect in the 2018 class.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...-top-state-prospect-jalen-mayfield/326939001/

Go Gophers!!

The only positive here is that the Gophers were even in the picture. Perhaps having the tOSU line coach caused second thoughts - particularly with someone from Michigan.

From weight room project to best player in Michigan in three short months.

"He fits Frey's mold at offensive tackle as an undersized (weight-wise) but athletic player who will thrive in a college-level weight room."

100% of all college linemen are weight room projects. Pros too!

Detroit Free Press: Michigan heavy favorite to land top in-state prospect Jalen Mayfield

Next Tuesday, Grand Rapids Catholic Central 2018 four-star offensive lineman Jalen Mayfield will make his college decision, with Michigan considered the heavy favorite for his services.

All 15 predictions on Mayfield's 247Sports Crystal Ball are in favor of the Wolverines, who altered the trajectory of his recruitment when they offered him a scholarship March 24th, spurring Mayfield's decommitment from P.J. Fleck and Minnesota. He originally committed to the Golden Gophers in February after an unofficial visit.

U-M tackles coach Greg Frey has led the charge for Mayfield, who is 24/7 Sports' top recruit in the state. He is No. 6 on the 24/7Sports Composite. He fits Frey's mold at offensive tackle as an undersized (weight-wise) but athletic player who will thrive in a college-level weight room. Mayfield has helped his case as a top-level prospect in the past couple months following a strong performance at a Nike camp in Chicago. 247Sports Director of Scouting Barton Simmons recently made him the state's top prospect in the 2018 class.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...-top-state-prospect-jalen-mayfield/326939001/

Go Gophers!!

I think the whole decommit was meant to tweak Khaki Pants and Mayfield will be back in the fold on signing day...

100,000 fans in the stands? It'll be 5 years before we get the Fleck Deck ang get up to 80,000 fans.

100,000 fans in the stands? It'll be 5 years before we get the Fleck Deck ang get up to 80,000 fans.

I wouldn't bet on the 5 years Its MN and Fleck hasnt done anything yet. It takes longer than 5 years for the U of M to decide to do anything

I wouldn't bet on the 5 years Its MN and Fleck hasnt done anything yet. It takes longer than 5 years for the U of M to decide to do anything

Wait! So you're telling me that hiring a consulting firm that forms the committee in charge of putting together the committee that makes the final recommendations to the president is NOT the fastest way to get things done? :rolleyes:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Today is the day we find out where he wants to go round 2! Most likely Michigan

Meechigan. He said he likes sleepovers...

Michigan. Announced on a really terrible paint ball video. Someone else can post the link.

Hopefully he is not all hype for his sake. Agreed on the gad awful video.

I'll take 80,000 consistently in 5 years. That's actually a good time frame I think.

I'll take 80,000 consistently in 5 years. That's actually a good time frame I think.

Give me 55k, loud and involved, and have the student body fighting to get in, and I would be thrilled.

Give me 55k, loud and involved, and have the student body fighting to get in, and I would be thrilled.

This. TBH, just the student body fighting to get in would excite me.

Wait.... whaaat!?

Remember when the Michigan kicker was accused of rape several years ago and Michigan only dismissed him after he completed his eligibility?

The alleged victim also accused Lewan, a longtime teammate of Gibbons with the Wolverines, of then threatening her if she pursued charges -- "I'm going to rape her because, [Gibbons] didn't."

https://www.si.com/nfl/audibles/2014/02/20/taylor-lewan-nfl-combine-2014

Top Bottom