OL Jalen Mayfield decommits from Gophers

I'm just saying Coyle appears really concerned with recruiting rankings and perception, not a good day for PJ with the new boss...get healthy Jerry, I think there might be an opening.
Panama Jack is feeling nervous. [emoji41]

I've seen many that were not happy with the way that TC was shown the door. And directed most of their ire at Coyle and Kahler. I've also seen many be thankful about what TC (and Kill) built to get the program to its current state. For the PJF worshippers, this has often been misconstrued as being a shot at Fleck. Or has been perceived that TC should be here and PJF should not. The sensitivities here border on the absurd. But has someone literally stated that TC should be here and PJF should not? Like the boogeyman or the tooth ferry, it's often talked about but doesn't exist.
The Fleckite's rarely display a sense of humor. I blame it on the roids.

I always marvel how a thread starts one way and then it slowly turns and twists into a pissing match.
ff1e35478a37b49b300197bb4acb5f9c.jpg

I really think we should give out an award called the GH Golden Bladder Award for the GH poster who most sidetracks threads by getting into pissing matches over and over again. Some of you on this thread would be early favorites.

I think we have several nominees for charter membership.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Michigan has little chance of ever getting an in-state Minnesota recruit with a Gopher offer.

Likewise, we have little chance of getting a Michigan kid who have a Wolverine offer.

Pretty simple.

Really? I know a guy really well who a number of years ago went to Michigan with a Gopher offer. What about the kids who recently went to OSU, Alabama, or Arkansas with Gopher offers? There will always be kids who leave their states, because some kids simply want to try something different for college. Michigan has a bunch of Ohio kids, and OSU has a bunch of Michigan kids - just look at the rosters.

Don't mean to jump on you personally, but think too many people have an unrealistic expectation about coaches "closing the borders". Yes, you can get more local kids, especially as you get successful and build a brand local kids want to be a part of. However, you will always have kids who simply want to go somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fleck is going to repeal and replace Claeyculture with eliteculture!

I really think we should give out an award called the GH Golden Bladder Award for the GH poster who most sidetracks threads by getting into pissing matches over and over again. Some of you on this thread would be early favorites.

You're crazy. Adam Weber was a good QB!

I'll support Fleck all along. I take issue with people like you who won't acknowledge that Claeys, and Kill, did a great job putting the program in a position for Fleck to build the program further, not rebuild. Yes, 9 wins was great for this program. Getting to a point where they won the games they should was a big step forward.

Will you just get over it and support the Gophers.

We all acknowledge the progress made under Kill/Claeys but we are not gong to build them a statue. They were good coaches, but remember that Kill made the decision to leave us and Claeys couldn't get the fans behind the team. Don't confuse optimism for the future as disrespect for the past.

This sucks, but I it's part of the process when competing for more highly recruited kids. It's funny that we had a thread on here where some were questioning his size when he committed and now he's going to Michigan to play for a coach that's know for physical Oline play.

Will you just get over it and support the Gophers.

We all acknowledge the progress made under Kill/Claeys but we are not gong to build them a statue. They were good coaches, but remember that Kill made the decision to leave us and Claeys couldn't get the fans behind the team. Don't confuse optimism for the future as disrespect for the past.

You seem to be a proponent of alternative facts. [emoji41]

Really? I know a guy really well who a number of years ago went to Michigan with a Gopher offer. What about the kids who recently went to OSU, Alabama, or Arkansas with Gopher offers? There will always be kids who leave their states, because some kids simply want to try something different for college. Michigan has a bunch of Ohio kids, and OSU has a bunch of Michigan kids - just look at the rosters.

Don't mean to jump on you personally, but think too many people have an unrealistic expectation about coaches "closing the borders". Yes, you can get more local kids, especially as you get successful and build a brand local kids want to be a part of. However, you will always have kids who simply want to go somewhere else.

What Minnesota kid in the past 10 years chose to play for Michigan that had a Gopher offer? I seem to recall a TE maybe about 10 years ago, but there haven't been many (if any).

Kill and Claeys did an outstanding job of recruiting Minnesota. The best that could be hoped for. Even Alabama loses a few...

I agree they did. I just think many people have an unrealistic expectation that we will keep all MN kids.

You don't think posters here take shots at Fleck consistently then bring up how great 9 wins was for the program?

The shots are at posters like you, not Fleck.

Again, if 9 wins wasn't great for the program, then anything less than 9 wins is even worse for the program.

9>8>7>6.

I know, I know, this is a veiled shot at Fleck.

The shots are at posters like you, not Fleck.

Again, if 9 wins wasn't great for the program, then anything less than 9 wins is even worse for the program.

9>8>7>6.

2014>2016

Not even close

So we should include a player in the player in the rankings that a site hasn't evaluated yet? That's a N/A not a 0 Spoofin figure it out. Unless of course you think he's a 0 star recruit because you're Claeysite.

Spoofin has been supporting Fleck. He's just pointing our your hypocrisy. It's constant and hilarious.

You've went on this ranking tangent several times already since the 2018 class started. You have no idea where they are going to end up in the rankings 10 months from now. Many players will see their rankings adjusted by then.

A 3 star average also puts them in the 30s, not the 40s or 50s. Yes, you prove over and over again why you are the worst poster on here.

Actually Wisconsin had a 3.06 avr and finished 51, meanwhile arkansas finished 27 with a 2.96 avr. Last year 40 teams averaged 3 or better.

<b>The shots are at posters like you, not Fleck.</b>

9>8>7>6.

No need to broadcast that Bob. Half the fun is that JB doesn't realize that.

No need to broadcast that Bob. Half the fun is that JB doesn't realize that.

You're sadly not as clever as you think Spoofin. Sorry some people think winning rivalry games is important. Sorry some people expect to beat Rutgers by more than two points at home. No one is saying those wins don't count but they are up for criticism as are the losses.

You're sadly not as clever as you think Spoofin. Sorry some people think winning rivalry games is important. Sorry some people expect to beat Rutgers by more than two points at home. No one is saying those wins don't count but they are up for criticism as are the losses.

A win's a win. It doesn't matter if you win by 2 or 70, it's still a win.

A win's a win. It doesn't matter if you win by 2 or 70, it's still a win.

Yes a win is a win. It is also possible to criticize a win and value rivalry wins over regular wins, which some of you guys don't seem to get.

Yes a win is a win. It is also possible to criticize a win and value rivalry wins over regular wins, which some of you guys don't seem to get.

I get it just fine. I also don't count close wins as losses, which some of you guys don't seem to get.

Top Bottom