Wright to Dayton

principalguy

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if McKinley Wright still goes to Dayton. With Archie gone, will he end up at Dayton? Indiana? Other?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Wright is no longer going to Dayton, where he ends up is still up in the air.

Has he been released already?

I did notice that he took Dayton commit out of his twitter bio. He also just won Mr. Basketball.

I thought it should have been Reuvers personally but congrats to McKinley.

Here you go:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I did notice that he took Dayton commit out of his twitter bio. He also just won Mr. Basketball.

I figured it would come down to whoever made it the farthest in the tournament between Reuvers, Wright, and Davison. I tend to agree with you that Reuvers was the best Senior in the state though.

I figured it would come down to whoever made it the farthest in the tournament between Reuvers, Wright, and Davison. I tend to agree with you that Reuvers was the best Senior in the state though.

Probably, that's not entirely fair considering the amount of help he had. Theo John was their best player on a lot of nights, including in the state title game.

Once a coach changes schools, those individuals are free to move. Indiana recruits may not wanna stay either, so a lot of possibilities emerge.

I don't think that's a rule, but it would be bad PR for the school if they didn't let them out of their letters of intent.

I don't think that's a rule, but it would be bad PR for the school if they didn't let them out of their letters of intent.
You are correct, a good practice, not a rule.

Dayton has three G's in its 2017 class. IU has none.

Nahziah Carter G Rochester, NY 6'5" 200 11/12/16
McKinley Wright G Champlin, MN 6'0" 164 9/13/16
Jordan Pierce F Scotch Plains, NJ 6'10" 245 9/4/16
Jordan Davis G Irmo, SC 6'4" 180 8/27/16

Just my opinion but Wright was the best senior all year. That team wouldn't have made state without him and Theo only averaged 14 a game at 6'9. Wright was basically the coach on the court because their coaches rarely made adjustments. Reuvers was good but we can't point out that Theo had a better game than Mckinley in the state championship & not look at Reuvers only scoring 12 and losing to a Wayzata team they should have beaten.

Dayton has three G's in its 2017 class. IU has none.

Nahziah Carter G Rochester, NY 6'5" 200 11/12/16
McKinley Wright G Champlin, MN 6'0" 164 9/13/16
Jordan Pierce F Scotch Plains, NJ 6'10" 245 9/4/16
Jordan Davis G Irmo, SC 6'4" 180 8/27/16

This information suggests a high probability that he gets an offer from Indiana. The game can't be played without guards. IU does have some pretty good ones there already though.

I don't like the idea of having to see Minnesotans playing elsewhere in the B1G, but so be it.

This information suggests a high probability that he gets an offer from Indiana. The game can't be played without guards. IU does have some pretty good ones there already though.

I don't like the idea of having to see Minnesotans playing elsewhere in the B1G, but so be it.

Wright reminds me of Verdell Jones, in that they're both nifty players who score in a lot of ways. Verdell daggered us more than once, and I'd expect McKinley to do the same if he ends up at IU.

Wright reminds me of Verdell Jones, in that they're both nifty players who score in a lot of ways. Verdell daggered us more than once, and I'd expect McKinley to do the same if he ends up at IU.

Same bad memory I had. I think McKinley is a lot more likeable guy than Jones, though. He bugged me and had a swagger that suggested he thought he was a lot better than he really was. He saved his best for the Gophers.

Anyone know what the IU scholarship picture looks like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know what the IU scholarship picture looks like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If Miller operates like Crean, it is "fluid".

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No idea how to share an image while mobile but Darren woolfson said Wright has a spot at Indiana if he wants it and Gophers have talked to 1 of his coaches.

Doogie just oozes homer. Man there's almost no shot Wright comes here. Ryan James was all over it - and a lot more plugged in with these kids than Wolfson who sees through Maroon goggles - and laid it out like Wright will go where he'll get PT right away. With Mason here, Washington coming, Harris coming as a combo-ish guy and Gophers probably throwing a lot into the Tre Jones bucket (realistic or not) that Wright coming just doesn't make sense for either party.

Doogie just oozes homer. Man there's almost no shot Wright comes here. Ryan James was all over it - and a lot more plugged in with these kids than Wolfson who sees through Maroon goggles - and laid it out like Wright will go where he'll get PT right away. With Mason here, Washington coming, Harris coming as a combo-ish guy and Gophers probably throwing a lot into the Tre Jones bucket (realistic or not) that Wright coming just doesn't make sense for either party.

I agree. Just sharing what he said.

Agreed. I like Wright, but I think it makes sense for both sides for him to go elsewhere. He can get more PT at Indiana, and we need to use that scholarship (if it does in fact open up) on something other than a point guard.

Once a coach changes schools, those individuals are free to move. Indiana recruits may not wanna stay either, so a lot of possibilities emerge.

Wright has signed a NLI to Dayton not to the coach and would need to be released by Dayton to change schools.

Wright has signed a NLI to Dayton not to the coach and would need to be released by Dayton to change schools.

Technically you're right, but it's standard to release the recruit. The only memorable one that I can think of was when Huggiebear went to West Virginia and Kansas State refused to let Michael Beasley out of his commitment

Not that Archie could recruit McKinley at the moment, but he didn't have to go this far when asked about him. I would guess McKinley does not end up at IU.

C8Cw36UV4AAvsC3.jpg:large

Not that Archie could recruit McKinley at the moment, but he didn't have to go this far when asked about him. I would guess McKinley does not end up at IU.

C8Cw36UV4AAvsC3.jpg:large

I read that as Archie believing either/or a combination of things: 1. He thinks he can get a better player than him at Indiana. 2. He doesn't think McKinley is a front line Big Ten player. 3. He could also be a man of integrity and not hose his previous employer by snatching a recruit. No matter what, it's hard to read a quote like that and believe Archie has any vision of McKinley joining him at Indiana.

Top Bottom