Perham defensive tackle Logan Richter Commits to Gophers~

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Welcome aboard!

Anybody seen this kid play? Looks explosive and powerful on film, but also tough to judge based on level of competition.

Go Gophers!!

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/4684217/58561f583deaaa21d4f09449' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Interesting to say the least.

Ok 3A Minnesota football not the greatest competition.. but I'm really impressed with this regardless. Extremely quick off the ball low pad levels out seems and from what I can see he looks agile.. looks like it could be a great find outside the twin cities.. welcome aboard Logan!! Did he have an offer prior to the visit??? Anyone??

Welcome Logan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fargo Flash chimes in:

Go Gophers!!

From Perham. Level of competition isn't like what you see from around the cities area. It's mostly power formations, run the football up here, so he can definitely handle the trenches.

He played basketball as well and is very nimble and quick on his feet for his size, but still has that power. Will be interesting to see how he'll handle B1G level competition. Kinda reminds me of a Steven Richardson type...which I'd gladly take for the next 4 years!

As a huge Gopher fan, it's always great to see a player from around this area get a chance to play for home state school.

Congrats Logan!!
SKI-U-MAH & Row The Boat!

ive seen him several times. very fluid & quick with footwork at 6 4 280. (oops i said 6 7 .that was Noah Gindorff.) solid basketball player as well.

peyton jordahl snapper for gophs is good friend, same town, maybe he is a pwo? but has 0 offers, ndsu, wyoming havent offerred yet, so its interesting to say the least.

if Logan hits the gym , could be 6 7 300 easily and be a run stuffing nose guard, maybe thats the thinking, good kid, congrats

per CBS:

P.J. Fleck and the Minnesota Golden Gophers staff saw all they needed from Perham (Minn.) DT Logan Richter today at Junior Day. Extending an offer and quickly picking up a verbal from the 6-foot-4, 291-pound prep.

"I have just verbally committed to the university of Minnesota for football!" Richter told Gopher247 just before taking to Twitter to announce the news. "It feels amazing!" he added.

Richter had no other offers to-date, but strong interest building from schools such as North Dakota, NDSU and Wyoming to-date. He had planned visits to UND and NDSU over the next month previous to his verbal.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/breaking-gophers-land-verbal-from-in-state-dt/

Go Gophers!!

He's a legit 6'4.

Also, he was a junior this past season and will be a 2019 recruit

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If he was a junior this past season, that would make him a 2018 recruit.

Love the frame on this kid, and he looks extremely athletic for his size, can run. Could be a real find and a force in a few years. He's about as under the radar as someone will ever be, but so is
Perham. Has he been to any camps? U or elsewhere? If this kid was star-labeled by some pimple-faced evaluator on 247 people would be wetting themselves.

Legit had to google search where Perham is...

You're not the only one... Hope they can get him in early. Seems likely to be the kind of guy that would benefit greatly from both the spring football work and low pressure acclimation at the U, especially if we end up having to burn his redshirt.

With Elijah Teague and now this big athletic kid hard to not feel really, really enthusiastic at DT going forward (in addition to Robinson, Silver, and Schirck). Paup being a former NFL star brings that experience to his coaching.

With Elijah Teague and now this big athletic kid hard to not feel really, really enthusiastic at DT going forward (in addition to Robinson, Silver, and Schirck). Paup being a former NFL star brings that experience to his coaching.

Fleck has been beating the D-Line drum since day 1 on campus. For years, people on this forum have talked about our issues on the D-Line and how hard it is to recruit those positions. With Fleck's attention in this area and Bryce Paup as the position coach, this could become a strength on this team in a few years.

Fleck has been beating the D-Line drum since day 1 on campus. For years, people on this forum have talked about our issues on the D-Line and how hard it is to recruit those positions. With Fleck's attention in this area and Bryce Paup as the position coach, this could become a strength on this team in a few years.

It all starts with the lines. I'd love to see both the DL and OL become our strengths.

It all starts with the lines. I'd love to see both the DL and OL become our strengths.

The keys. It would be nice to have both depth and talent/size in the interior of the D-line so we can be more effective in of our base defense. Claeys and Sawvel were master chess players, but sometimes it's nice to be able to prevail while only playing checkers.

The keys. It would be nice to have both depth and talent/size in the interior of the D-line so we can be more effective in of our base defense. Claeys and Sawvel were master chess players, but sometimes it's nice to be able to prevail while only playing checkers.

Interesting take. It may be the best description of the of how the program is changing with the coaching change. If you can get better and more talent you don't need be a chess grand master to win.

Top Bottom