Where's the best place to tailgate???

East River Road Flats Park is the best place to tailgate, unless you are wealthy. Even then, it might be the best place to tailgate.

Many other past threads on this topic. Use the GH search function and you will find them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

East River Road Flats Park is the best place to tailgate, unless you are wealthy. Even then, it might be the best place to tailgate.

I second this. For the $ value, it's The River Flats. Otherwise, Lot 37 if you buy through the U ticket office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What makes it the best?

Pros
#1. Plenty of space. So if you have a group of 5 or 6 cars you want to park together it is no problem. If you want to tailgate for just an hour before the game, never run out of spots down there.
#2. Scenery. Sitting on the river so you can look at that, or at groups of female joggers going by.
#3. Grass > Asphalt for tailgating

Cons
Same things that make it great, can be detractions, party density/volume can be pretty low if it isn't a big event. The TCU tailgate was one of the best a few years back, enough people to pump up the party atmosphere. There are days where I personally prefer cramming into Stub and Herbs back lot and fighting through a swarm of people to buy a $6 beer while losing some of my hearing, to sitting in a lawn chair at the river flats trying to get my wife to raise the roof on her party mood before a non-conference game. Every year we do a little of both to mix it up.

East River Road Flats Park is definitely one of the best kept secrets in Gopher Football tailgating. But nothing beats tailgating in the shadows and sounds of the stadium.

Top Bottom