STrib: Conor Rhoda went from job hunting to learning P.J. Fleck's offense

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Joe:

Fleck didn’t have a scholarship for Rhoda that day but promised it would come. A couple weeks later, it did. Rhoda is taking graduate courses now after getting his degree in business and marketing education, with a minor in leadership.

“The last thing Conor wanted was to leave,” Jeff Rhoda said. “He never envisioned playing anywhere else. So it’s been really fun to see. He’s so energized and just so committed to this new vision for the Gophers, well beyond what he probably ever dreamed he would be.”

Leidner went 24-17 as a starter for the Gophers, pretty much holding down the job alone for the past three seasons. So it’s a big hole to fill.

Rhoda and Croft appear to be the two front-runners through five spring practices. Croft has the tools, but the question has long been his consistency.

Seth Green, who redshirted last year, is a dual threat QB who probably would have had a better chance of winning the job under Claeys. Another candidate to watch is Tanner Morgan, an early enrollee from Union, Ky., who arrived in Fleck’s first recruiting class. Morgan appears shorter than his listed height of 6-2 but has fared well, considering he should still be a high school senior.

Fleck said he wants his quarterback to be a leader who has command of the offense and is a “decisive decisionmaker.”

http://www.startribune.com/conor-rh...ng-to-learning-p-j-fleck-s-offense/417103023/

Go Gophers!!

WCCO: Gophers’ Conor Rhoda Ready To Lead

There was a time just three months ago when Conor Rhoda was sure of only one thing: That he wouldn’t be here this season.

Then-coach Tracy Claeys had informed him he’d no longer be on scholarship. So Rhoda, set to graduate in December, prepared to move on with his life.

“I kind of explored a couple options” to transfer and play elsewhere, Rhoda said. “But honestly, I was probably a week away from looking for a job.”

Then, of course, Claeys got fired. And P.J. Fleck hired. And one of the first things Fleck did – the very next morning – was reach out to Rhoda, and promise a scholarship.

And now the Cretin-Derham Hall grad is battling for the starting job.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/03/25/gophers-conor-rhoda-ready-to-lead/

Go Gophers!!

I don't think Rhoda starting would be a good thing, but I am very glad PJF gave him his scholly back. Anyone in good standing who gives 4-years to the program (3 on his own dime) deserves that, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom