Sid: Gophers football coach P.J. Fleck starts the task of team-building

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

Gophers football coach P.J. Fleck will hold his fourth spring practice on Friday and he was asked about the early accomplishments of the staff.

"I think the biggest thing is now our players know how we practice," Fleck said. "I think that was one of the biggest things that kind of surprised them. You have to get really used to it, when you're working for us here, you have to see how we practice, how we do it, see those expectations, not only see the expectations but then become the expectations. We tell them all the time that the tough part about standards is you are the standard.

"I think that's the biggest part for our guys right now, is they continue to learn how to practice. We're going to get a little more physical as we move forward, but I think everybody has done a tremendous job. We've gotten everybody reps, every single person on this football team has gotten reps."

Coaches and players are getting used to each other early in the season, but it's especially important for a new head coach to get this time with his players.

So far, Fleck has seen positive things from his team.

"The whole football team right now is showing they're incredibly willing to do all the things we ask them to do," he said. "Everyone has been impressed with the first few days of spring ball. I have been very pleased. The energy level is high, the commitment level is high. We just have a long way to go, a new system on offense, defense and special teams, a lot to learn. That's one of the biggest things for us in the spring, is just get them to learn what we're doing first."

http://m.startribune.com/gophers-fo...k-starts-the-task-of-team-building/416988034/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom