Macura and Long Sleeves

goldenboy

Reaction score
Had a laugh watching Zags & Xmen coming up with reasons why Macura wears long sleeves.
1) he has bad circulation and the gym is too cold for him
2) he's an excessively sweaty and it keeps his hands from getting slippery
3) he has bad eczema
4) he has an array of obscene tattoos that can't be shown on TV
5) he's got embarrassingly skinny girly arms
6) he's got religious beliefs that prevent him from displaying his body (long sleevies and the black tights.... the sports burka look)
7) ?
Just having fun, by the way. He's been a very good player for Xavier.
I remember it being a big deal in the 80s when Patrick Ewing got permission to wear a short sleeve t-shirt under his uni. Never seen anyone with the long sleevies before.

Man, I wish he had gotten that shot off a bit faster.

Did he ever say why he bypassed us for Xavier? Maybe wanted the private school experience. Obviously he would have been nice to have the last couple of years. As long as they don't go to Wisconsin or Iowa, it doesn't bug me too much :cool:

Did he ever say why he bypassed us for Xavier? Maybe wanted the private school experience. :cool:

I think he wanted a school were he could show his privates. Sorry, below the belt. First thing that popped in my head when I saw the words Macura and private together. I wish him the best.

First time watching Macura. He's a little more hot headed than I expected.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Agreed, he would have fit perfectly on our team this year. We need a player like him.

I judged him and foolishly undervalued him without ever seeing him play much, then saw him play more in the State Tourney and was highly impressed.

I have seen him in many Xavier games and have been pleased to see that he has lived up to his potential there. I can see why getting out of Minnesota and playing at a Catholic? Private University in a sort of big city, where no one knows much about you is sort of liberating. I'd maybe go to Boston College or Providence over Xavier, but BC sucks now, so what the hell.

Yeah that kid has a nifty game, doesn't he. Looking forward to seeing him at the same time next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always been hot-headed. Played against him in HS and he called our injured player a ***got for wearing a bow tie lol. Almost came to blows with one of my teammates in a different game. Ended up being a double tech.

Because of a bow tie, eh? Pretty pissy coming from a guy that looks like he's playing in footie jammies.

I like a mean streak... whos the last gopher with a mean streak? Courtney James?

macura looked great, he shouls be thier star next year

Always been hot-headed. Played against him in HS and he called our injured player a ***got for wearing a bow tie lol. Almost came to blows with one of my teammates in a different game. Ended up being a double tech.

Maggot? Maybe his dad was a USMC Drill Sargent.

J.P. does have a Gopher connection. His girlfriend, Simone, is a Gopher soccer player and daughter of former BB player, Chad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Had a laugh watching Zags & Xmen coming up with reasons why Macura wears long sleeves.
1) he has bad circulation and the gym is too cold for him
2) he's an excessively sweaty and it keeps his hands from getting slippery
3) he has bad eczema
4) he has an array of obscene tattoos that can't be shown on TV
5) he's got embarrassingly skinny girly arms
6) he's got religious beliefs that prevent him from displaying his body (long sleevies and the black tights.... the sports burka look)
7) ?
Just having fun, by the way. He's been a very good player for Xavier.
I remember it being a big deal in the 80s when Patrick Ewing got permission to wear a short sleeve t-shirt under his uni. Never seen anyone with the king sleevies before.

Ewing and Chris Mullen. I remember that.

He does seem like a jerk, at least on the floor. One of those guys you're happy when he is on your team and really hate him when you play against him. Yesterday he ran into a Gonzaga player on purpose. Was surprised the other guy didn't react.

He's a pest, very good college player though. Always enjoyed watching him.

He indicated that he wanted to get away from home. He said it was nothing against the Gophers but I kind of doubt that.

He indicated that he wanted to get away from home. He said it was nothing against the Gophers but I kind of doubt that.

Yeah, there's not exactly a pipeline from Lakeville North to the U. Reuvers never seriously considered them either.

Yeah, there's not exactly a pipeline from Lakeville North to the U. Reuvers never seriously considered them either.

Probably because Pitino never seriously considered Reuvers. He was after Sims a lot more.

IIRC, the word was that he and his camp weren't too happy that the staff was all in after the big 3 (he was in the same class as them) and they slow played JP quite a bit, which made them bitter

Also surmised that he was looking for a smaller environment for academic purposes. His last two were Creighton and Xavier, which fall into that category. I don't know anything about Creighton, but I know Xavier has a long history of excellent academic support for basketball players. He has had an excellent career there playing along side quality players. It would have been great for him to be here, but it would have been a much tougher road for him in the rebuilding process. He made the right decision.

I was going to say, Mitch Leidner doesn't count for anything? But, he was an LS guy. Haha. :cool:

Like his game, but dude looks like he's playing in a 7mm cold water wetsuit. Whatever works for him.

Macura was on today at about 9:45 am with PA. Macura was asked why he went to Xavier. He said he liked the coaches at MN fine (somewhat unconvincing, but he said it). But he said he wanted a smaller university setting and to get away from home. Maybe his stock answers, but I can't fault the kid, if they are the truth. Also, he was asked if and when his b-ball career ends, what he'd like to do for a job. He said maybe communications (possibly broadcasting). Also mentioned coaching. To the former, he's got a bit of work to do, because he was a fairly bland interview subject, from what I heard. Asked about the final four, he hemmed and hawed, said it was a good question and that he wasn't sure. Ummmmm, take a stand, man! :rolleyes:

Also surmised that he was looking for a smaller environment for academic purposes. His last two were Creighton and Xavier, which fall into that category. I don't know anything about Creighton, but I know Xavier has a long history of excellent academic support for basketball players. He has had an excellent career there playing along side quality players. It would have been great for him to be here, but it would have been a much tougher road for him in the rebuilding process. He made the right decision.

Maybe he was just looking for more exposure.:confused:

Creighton has had some ummm, issues in the past concerning academics. Old news, but amazing.

Ex-Basketball Player Sues University Over Illiteracy

CHICAGO — A former Creighton University basketball player who claimed that he was functionally illiterate when he left the school in 1982 has filed a lawsuit alleging that educators there failed to adequately teach him.
The lawsuit filed by Kevin Ross also accuses the Omaha, Neb., university of breach of contract and seeks an unspecified amount of damages.
Ross, whose problems gained national attention, contends in the lawsuit that Creighton recruited him when it knew or should have known that he was "ill-equipped and unable to successfully participate" in the school's curriculum.
The lawsuit was processed in Cook County Circuit Court on Monday.
Ross, 30, also alleges that Creighton enrolled him in Chicago's Westside Preparatory School, a noted private elementary and high school, but failed to monitor his progress.

Second-Grade Level
Ross read at a second-grade level when he entered Westside in 1982 but after eight months under the tutelage of educator Marva Collins, his reading level increased to that of a high school senior.
A television movie was made documenting his efforts at Westside, but according to the lawsuit, Creighton was negligent by not placing Ross in a proper adult education program.
It further alleges that Creighton's negligence led Ross to suffer severe depression, illustrated by a July 23, 1987, incident in which he barricaded himself in a Chicago motel room and tossed furniture and other items out the window.
The incident was "a manifestation of this depression," the lawsuit alleges.
Creighton officials could not be reached for comment early today. In February, the Rev. Michael Morrison, university president, said he was still haunted by Ross's plight.
"When will Kevin go away?" Morrison asked a student who had mentioned seeing an article about Ross. "Oh, my God, I wish I knew."

Top Bottom