Fire Lucia! Coyle do not extend him!

Sid Hartman

Banned
Reaction score
Program is a joke now...if you are proud of those Big Ten titles you should be ashamed as Big Ten sucks. He is abysmal as a number one seed in first round

Program is a joke now...if you are proud of those Big Ten titles you should be ashamed as Big Ten sucks. He is abysmal as a number one seed in first round

f*** you - dont tell me to not be proud of a trophy won or a banner hung.

you are pathetic.

but ya lucia needs to go, the expectations of this program must be higher than a 14 year national title drought

f*** you - dont tell me to not be proud of a trophy won or a banner hung.

you are pathetic.

Will we have to archive the national championship banners to make room for big ten banners? I mean you want to display the most recent ones right?

Will we have to archive the national championship banners to make room for big ten banners? I mean you want to display the most recent ones right?

not clever in the least - we are on the same side of the lucia issue but you took the low iq booger eater route to get there

I agree he needs to go. The program deserves more than what the team is delivering. Frankly, any coach at Minnesota that goes more than 10 years without winning a national title should be shown the door.

This program has become a poisoned well. At this point I question why any player worth a darn would come here, which might say a bunch about this roster and the obvious lack of effort.

If Coyle cares about hockey at all he would let Lucia go and put everyone out of their misery. Embarrassing. Football and Basketball are more important at the U. Just a fact. He should of been let go 6 years ago. And do something about that sissy rink. Geez!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watch the Men's / Women's hockey occasionally and always towards the end of season. I was shocked how little effort/ passion this team played with today. Forget pride on ice they should put Lucia on ice if this is the best he can do in a hockey loving state- pathetic .

Is the DEAN interested now that he doesn't have any ties?

Westcoastgopher , we're out of line! I don't care if you are a "SENIOR MEMBER". What ever that means??? You have no right to talk to people on here like that.

IF Dean Blaise wanted to coach here and IF he were hired after Lucia was fired, I'd like our chances at winning another championship much more than if Lucia were extended. Even if Blaise only wanted to coach 5 more years. Then maybe hire Guentzel.

i'm not sure I care to have Lucia back but I'm not sure a 66 year old Dean Blais would be at the top of my list of candidates to replace him.

Giving up that 2-0 lead was so disappointing. I agree that it's time to make a change. There is still good talent in the program but when programs like UMD and other MN smaller programs are surpassing the Gophers it is time.

I agree,there isn't a lot of energy or interest in the program right now. I would argue interest is at an all time low. Lucia lost the fire that he had in his early days, much like the Wooger did at the end of his tenure. They don't need am M man to replace Don in my opinion, but they need someone that will bring a jolt to this program on the ice and on the recruiting trail. Can't lose to st.Cloud and UMD for top in state recruits. the answer isn't Blais or Guentzel

I'm afraid the AD is too close to Lucia and won't let him go. I would agree with Bemidji Gopher that we need a coach with some fire. Seems like the players have gotten content and we've haven't done as well since Motzko left for St. Cloud. Seems like he was a coach that got the kids going. Motzko is in a tough place in St. Cloud as to the school etc.

We are the Alabama of college hockey, 0 titles in 14 years in unacceptable. Lucia is getting dominated by the in state programs. TIME FOR CHANGE!

Just out of curiosity, how many years did we go before Herb Brooks brought us our first??

Just out of curiosity, how many years did we go before Herb Brooks brought us our first??

Excellent point. Won the AAU in 1939-40 with an 18-0 record ; won the NCAA in 1973-74.

National champs: 1939-40 (Larry Armstrong); 1973-74, 1975-76, 1978-79 (Herb Brooke's); 2001-02, 2002-03 (Don Lucia). Notable coaches without a NattyChamp: John Marriucci, Glenn Sonmor, Brad Buetow, Doug Woog.

Yes, it's been a while, but history says 14 years isn't abnormal.

Ski-U-Mah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm afraid that an announcement will be coming (my gut feeling) regarding an extension and there is going to be a huge groan on this board. Sid will then talk about the national championships won early on and the Big Ten Championships that are basically meaningless.

Top Bottom