P.J. Fleck talks Conor Rhoda, Antoine Winfield Jr. and positional depth

Anyone know where I can find a forum to discuss gopher football? Because this is definitely not the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm about ready to stop coming here because it's getting so old. The forum should be renamed "The PJ Fleck vs. Tracy Claeys Never Ending Pissing Contest".

Wins matter, but it was PAINFUL being in the stands at the Bank last year (NW excepted, ISU was just boring). And watching at Becky was just disgusting and deflating (and I was way under lubricated). Without the Wazzu surprise that left a good (game play) taste in our mouths, it would have been just an awful season from a "feel" standpoint.

Some wins were ugly. I can see your point from a "feel" standpoint, but I look at some of the heartbreaking losses (PSU, NEB) and while I felt awful in the moment, I felt a lot better knowing how Gophs competed in them and were in position to win. Gophs won the games they were expected to win (some ugly), and almost won a couple they weren't expected to win.

I don't see why our running game can't be as good as last year.
An improved passing game will prevent defenses from stacking the box like we saw the last two years.
Also, our O-Line play should be similar if not better, with the new OL coach.
The one thing that would really hurt is if multiple starters get injured on the OL for extended parts of the season.
There is some depth in our O-line this coming season, just not a lot and we get young pretty quickly

Everything is such extremes with you. A few people point out that there may be some bumps in the road when you change coaches and systems and you push it to us barely winning any games.

The facts are that none of us know what the immediate impact to next season will be, but we do know that systems have changed and some experienced players have left. The number of wins we have next season will not be the measure of success for PJ, it will be the number of wins we consistently have over the next 5+ years. The AD felt that the program had peaked under the old coaches and he decided that PJ would give us a better chance to go further.

So, you can continue to cry in your beer about what may have been, or how fair you think it was, but none of that really matters. So now is the time to show how much of a Gopher fan you really are and stop griping and hope for the best. We all know that PJ doesn't really conform to our typical understated, modest Minnesota values, but maybe that is what we need to attract the better recruits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please point out where I'm not all in on Fleck. I'll be waiting.

I'll stop pointing out people's hypocrisy as soon as they stop inferring that 9 wins was a sh1t season and simultaneously tamp, tamp, tamp whenever 2017 comes up.

Wins matter, but it was PAINFUL being in the stands at the Bank last year (NW excepted, ISU was just boring). And watching at Becky was just disgusting and deflating (and I was way under lubricated). Without the Wazzu surprise that left a good (game play) taste in our mouths, it would have been just an awful season from a "feel" standpoint.

Speak for yourself. I always have fun when the Gophers win.

Please point out where I'm not all in on Fleck. I'll be waiting.

I'll stop pointing out people's hypocrisy as soon as they stop inferring that 9 wins was a sh1t season and simultaneously tamp, tamp, tamp whenever 2017 comes up.

+1.

Top Bottom