Hey Showalter.....karma is a you know what....

I sort of like seeing the Minnesota kids that go there not do that well, although I did not mind watching some of the under the radar Minnesota (couple of big, not so skilled bangers under Ryan) kids make a positive impact there either. I'd like to see Reuvers be very wimpy, slow and not be so great there, at least for a year or two, and not be the next Kaminski. .

Having said all that, I wanted to see them win those final four games and was very impressed with what Bo Ryan did. I saw this Wisconsin team look like garbage in the late stages of the Big Ten season this year, and expected little from them Again Wisconsin proved me wrong and the performance of Nigel Hayes was Bobby Jackson like in mental and physical toughness. I was wrong about Nigel Hayes as well, what a great pressure player. Vito Brown redeemed himself, and the guards have nothing to be ashamed of. Wisconsin hired the right coach, which is exactly what I hoped would not happen there.

They deserved to win that game last night. Before the last sequence I commented that they needed to do whatever it took to keep the ball out of the hands of that lightning quick UF guard that the commentators kept referring to as "pesky". My assumption was that he would fly down the court, get into the lane, and get fouled in four seconds, then make both free throws. What he did instead was incredible and it was a highly exciting game, regardless who won.

Guess I see it different. Great story to tell as he is older. Hits a three to tie game, double checks a hall of fame qb,? Pretty fun game. Some fans take more pleasure in badgers losing then us winning.

Agreed. Kid made a great shot then made a funny gesture that gave some entertainment to Aaron Rodgers, the crowd, and the TV viewers. Then, the kid from Florida made an even better shot to win the game. Seeing the ending any other way is just misguided stupidity but some people seem to take great pride in that.

Agreed. Kid made a great shot then made a funny gesture that gave some entertainment to Aaron Rodgers, the crowd, and the TV viewers. Then, the kid from Florida made an even better shot to win the game. Seeing the ending any other way is just misguided stupidity but some people seem to take great pride in that.

Yep I got a great kick out of it, so did Rogers and ESPN etc. I got an even better kick when florida sunk the 3 to win.

awesome... now maybe Koenig can stay away from us here in north dakota, (standing rock) him and nigel are attention whores from madison

When Minnesota starts winning on a level like Wisconsin, their players will get some attention too. While I don't agree with the pipeline protest, I certainly agree with Koenig's embracing his Native American roots. Hayes opinion on College Athletes being paid a small token is not wrong I agree with him on it. I do disagree on his BLM thoughts however.
Showalter was a walk-on, Academic All-American and has never said a cross word to any opponent Class personified! I loved his belt move to Rodgers, it was cool if you are a Badger/Packer fan..win or lose! As far as losing the game on that fantastic shot..So be it! It was a good loss..We have had many heartbreaks at high levels..Championship football games, sweet 16's, elite 8's final fours and Nat'l championship games!
I wouldn't trade any of them or trade places for a team that never fights the fight.

I thought the double check was awesome. We don't have to try so hard to hate on Wisconsin. They sucked in the past and they'll suck again. Seems insecure to go out of your way to find things to rag on them about.

I liked that that double check too! I sure wish we had a baller who could do that.

awesome... now maybe Koenig can stay away from us here in north dakota, (standing rock) him and nigel are attention whores from madison

"him and Nigel are...". Jesus Krist bison; speaka da english:confused:

a couple of points without copying everyone's posts--

it is kind of comical to call someone an attention whore and brag about ESPN Gamedays in the same post.

I don't care what the issue is or which stance a college kids takes on an issue- i appreciate them having an opinion and having the courage to take a stand on that opinion. Knowing the people on both sides of an issue out there that are going to attack them on social media makes any stand a gutsy stand. Good for them. I wish I would have been that worldly thinking at that age.

Zack Showalter had the greatest opening 3 seconds of a Wisconsin high school state championship I have ever seen. Luke Fisher wins the tip, tips it to a Germantown kid who hits Zach in-stride at about the free throw line and he puts some kid right in the rim on an elbow hanging dunk.

This group of Badgers players are pretty likeable fun-loving kids. Kaminsky, Decker, Showalter, Hayes all look like they know how to have a good time and not take life seriously all the time. Good follows on twitter. It has to be fun to have friends that can afford to fly in to Green Bay on a private plane to catch a Packers game and get tickets from Aaron Rodgers. Good life.

I don't care that their nice guys.....I did a little happy dance to see karma come back to bite him in the ass. A little premature celebration is never a good thing...and if you think that the gesture he made was spontaneous, you're incredibly gullible. He was waiting for the opportunity and took it....I enjoyed seeing him walk off the court a loser!

Hate the Badgers. Always will.

Finally, I find it creepy the number of Badger fans that lurk over on this message board just waiting to put in their 2 cents. Go home. It's baseball season...talk about the UW baseball team.....OOPS, you don't have one. LOL

I don't care that their nice guys.....I did a little happy dance to see karma come back to bite him in the ass. A little premature celebration is never a good thing...and if you think that the gesture he made was spontaneous, you're incredibly gullible. He was waiting for the opportunity and took it....I enjoyed seeing him walk off the court a loser!

Hate the Badgers. Always will.

Finally, I find it creepy the number of Badger fans that lurk over on this message board just waiting to put in their 2 cents. Go home. It's baseball season...talk about the UW baseball team.....OOPS, you don't have one. LOL

+1000 !

Badgers are who they are. Somehow they find ways to get it done. I respect that. Showalter doing the Rodgers thing was funny. Will be surprised if the Gators win their next game. Fla's guard play was very, very good on both sides of the court.

It will be interesting to see how the Badgers fare next season as they lose a ton.

I wonder how many times we have heard that over the last 20 years. LOL.

Who knows, though last season was pretty bad for the Badger Basketball team.

And for the Football team this will be the worst season since 2008.

Top Bottom