***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA HOCKEY NCAA REGIONAL IN-GAMES THREAD!!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
Here we are, NCAA Tourney time!!!!! Sh!t is about to get real puck fans!! We've looked great at times this season and we've looked soft at times, but the playoff beards are growing in, time to give them some time to fill out.

GET 'ER DONE LUCIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone know of a website to watch the game. and I don't have access to espnU.

tuning in with the hope that the Gophers are anything like the MNWild dumpster fire

its airing now on WatchESPN, have no idea if its showing on the ESPNU channel yet

Lucia laying another turd. 2-0 lead and now down 3-2 and back on their heels.

The Don has to go...program has become stagnant and it seems like fans have accepted mediocrity

Oh well at least they can have a lead unlike another hockey team in town

It was a good season that nobody paid attention to

I thought about quitting watching halfway through, since were dominating so much. WIsh I had.

Does the Don have the record for most loses as a number 1 seed in their opening game yet?

Does the Don have the record for most loses as a number 1 seed in their opening game yet?

Yes. Teams that have dominated games haven't done well in the tourney this year. UND destroyed BU all game yesterday and lost. Ohio St dominated UMD and lost. Still sucks.

Yes. Teams that have dominated games haven't done well in the tourney this year. UND destroyed BU all game yesterday and lost. Ohio St dominated UMD and lost. Still sucks.

The Gophers got outplayed for most of the last two periods.

Why is anybody surprised? This is the epitome of Gopher hockey. Completely and totally irrelevant. The best part? Once Lucia gets his supposedly deserved extension from his buddy Coyle, we'll get to stay completely irrelevant for years to come!

Such an uninspired effort by a team that has so much talent. Please get rid of Lucia. He's had plenty of kicks at the can since his back to back titles.

Why is anybody surprised? This is the epitome of Gopher hockey. Completely and totally irrelevant. The best part? Once Lucia gets his supposedly deserved extension from his buddy Coyle, we'll get to stay completely irrelevant for years to come!

Spot on.

It's time to move on from Lucia. No longer the top D1 hockey program in the state even with all the available resources.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be curious to see how attendance has been over the past few years...anyone have intel?

It's time to move on from Lucia. No longer the top D1 hockey program in the state even with all the available resources.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it was merely that, I might be more understanding. But Lucia and this bunch haven't been even close to the best program in this state for years now. At this point, almost every program in the state is better and some (like UMD) are WAY better.

Got to hand it to Lucia, he's maintained a certain level of arrogance about where his program is at even as they've become a total afterthought on the national level. I wouldn't expect anything else from him. After all, they've won the Big 10 every year they've been a part of it. Add to that winning a couple of titles a long time ago and he undoubtedly thinks he's doing a great job.

The fact is he's not and virtually everyone can see it. Therefore, it's up to Coyle and I'm not optimistic that he has the cajones to fire his buddy. Rather, expect Don to get a cushy extension, because, you know, Lucia won titles a long time ago.

What? No one is happy that they emulated the basketball team's "one and done" tournament experience?

I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom