Help me deal with a perception regarding players leaving for the draft (nationwide)

#2Gopher

Reaction score
Every year a "flock" of players leave college early to look for the promise land of the NBA. I always wondered about a few things though.
1) Typically when a player leaves early is it usually due to academic reasons?
2) Do the players take super easy courses the first two quarters/semesters and then bails out?
3) Roughly what percentage make it to the NBA or Europe?
4) Perhaps an unknown question. What happens to those who don't make the pro's? Good jobs?

I personally have a problem with one and out, the two and out. It is obvious that they aren't there for a college education. Kind of like Hockey also.

Every year a "flock" of players leave college early to look for the promise land of the NBA. I always wondered about a few things though.
2) Do the players take super easy courses the first two quarters/semesters and then bails out?
4) Perhaps an unknown question. What happens to those who don't make the pro's? Good jobs?

I personally have a problem with one and out, the two and out. It is obvious that they aren't there for a college education. Kind of like Hockey also.

I really don't get your issue or problem. There are 1 and done and 2 and done normal college students who are there for an education but find a career opportunity. There are a small percentage of kids who are even 1 or 2 and done players. They usually get drafted and play professionally. Also, players can always come back and finish there degrees. Vince Grier just finished his and left the U as a senior.

This is a very weird post. Most guys leave early because they can make a lot of money playing the sport they love at the highest level which they've likely dreamed about as a kid. Its not all that complicated. If you go to school to be an engineer and companies say 'hey we're willing to hire you right now and pay you a ton of money and help you become a better engineer', how many kids would say 'naw, I'll just stay in school and do this for free'.
Its impossible to gleen a percentage. Or if it is I'm sure a little google research will answer your question.
As far as those that 'dont make it', again this is a weird question. What does anyone do if their career doesn't work out?

There are a lot of kids who never play D1 making money playing overseas. Any kid who is a 1 and done is probably going in the first round where they are guaranteed millions.

Millions pay for a college education (plus a lot) so I don't know the down side. This is a weird post.

Money

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom