Gaelin Elmore announces transfer

Most likely he, and maybe a couple of other starters who left, was told that Fleck was going in "another direction" and he just wasn't going to play period.

Elmore only had 16 tackles in 13 games. Not a huge loss. Freshman DeLadiboudere had 15 tackles, Coughlin had 25 in 11 games; Rallis had 37 in 11 games, walk-on Cashman had 45, freshman Winfield had 52 (in 12 games).

Elmore had 1.5 sacks. Again not a huge loss. Richardson had 7. H Ekpe had 3.5, Coughlin 2. Freshman DeLadiboudere had 1.5 just like Elmore.

Elmore only had 16 tackles in 13 games. Not a huge loss. Freshman DeLadiboudere had 15 tackles, Coughlin had 25 in 11 games; Rallis had 37 in 11 games, walk-on Cashman had 45, freshman Winfield had 52 (in 12 games).

Elmore had 1.5 sacks. Again not a huge loss. Richardson had 7. H Ekpe had 3.5, Coughlin 2. Freshman DeLadiboudere had 1.5 just like Elmore.

stop focusing on stats (or results)...and don't do comparisons to others. unless you like stealing joy....tackles aren't important...we don't care about how many tackles...we care about how much how a player has...we want to know about his process...his response...his heart...we don't want qbs with good arms...we want qbs who are decisive decision makers

stop focusing on stats (or results)...and don't do comparisons to others. unless you like stealing joy....tackles aren't important...we don't care about how many tackles...we care about how much how a player has...we want to know about his process...his response...his heart...we don't want qbs with good arms...we want qbs who are decisive decision makers

?????????????

It's not just the stats. The DL already lacks depth and size. At 6-6 275, Elmore was one of the biggest DL we had. That hurts.

I see what you did there. Well done:cool::cool:

Who just took his team to the Cotton Bowl.

Notice how you can't say Kill/Claeys took a team to a New Years Day 6 Bowl?

When the last time a Gopher coach sniffed air at the cotton bowl?

I remember when we were "in" the cotton bowl. Oh wait, I don't.

Hmmm. How many times has it been written on GH that our 9 wins were really 9* wins due to our schedule. Using the same theory, wouldn't WMU's season have been a 12** win season and the Cotton Bowl bid simply a bi-product of that schedule?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm. How many times has it been written on GH that our 9 wins were really 9* wins due to our schedule. Using the same theory, wouldn't WMU's season have been a 12** win season and the Cotton Bowl bid simply a bi-product of that schedule?

If the Gophers played in the MAC the comparison would make sense on both sides but they don't.

Most likely he, and maybe a couple of other starters who left, was told that Fleck was going in "another direction" and he just wasn't going to play period.

I seriously doubt that's the case with Elmore. We only have 2 other DE's on the roster right now - WDL and Devers. Chances are Elmore would have been a starter or at least played significantly. He was a senior so having him transfer doesn't even open up a scholarship.

I seriously doubt that's the case with Elmore. We only have 2 other DE's on the roster right now - WDL and Devers. Chances are Elmore would have been a starter or at least played significantly. He was a senior so having him transfer doesn't even open up a scholarship.

Coughlin, Martin, Cashman may well be defensive ends under new staff. Gibson?

I would expect the Indianapolis recruit to play right away.

Let me guess, you probably also think Connor Mayes would have gotten beaten out by Dovich or Olson, Moore was a terrible center that always snapped it over the QB's head and Brian Smith was a slow WR that dropped nearly everything that was thrown his way. I'd also add Terry as a guy that we now know would have definitely contributed given the attrition on the O-line as well.

It's amazing to me how much posters on here try to minimize the losses of quality starters. All of those guys were or would have been major contributors that will be missed. I don't know how so many of you can try to rationalize it.

Let me guess, you probably also think Connor Mayes would have gotten beaten out by Dovich or Olson, Moore was a terrible center that always snapped it over the QB's head and Brian Smith was a slow WR that dropped nearly everything that was thrown his way. I'd also add Terry as a guy that we now know would have definitely contributed given the attrition on the O-line as well.

It's amazing to me how much posters on here try to minimize the losses of quality starters. All of those guys were or would have been major contributors that will be missed. I don't know how so many of you can try to rationalize it.

Olson was already ahead of Mayes so...

“It just wasn’t for me, and being an older guy, it’s tough to change. "

So he is changing schools instead? This makes no sense. I wonder if he will regret leaving his teammates of three years.

Coughlin, Martin, Cashman may well be defensive ends under new staff. Gibson?

I would expect the Indianapolis recruit to play right away.

I forgot about Gibson. Kamal Martin is big enough where he could possibly grow into a DE, but he hasn't played there yet. I want Coughlin and Cashman to play LB and doubt they get moved.

The change wasn't made for next season it was for the future of the program. No AD is going to wait to make a change because they may lose 2-7 transfers due to the coaching change.

I think it's less an issue that you are losing players and more an issue of why. If PJF informed Elmore or others that they didn't fit perfectly into their future plans and they might be better off transferring, most people understand that. I personally have no problem with this and would respect Fleck for doing it.

However, if players are leaving for other reasons... For example, because they feel their AD unfairly and publicly trashed the program and system which they were a part of. Or, perhaps because they denegrated past coaches that the players thought highly of and, based on their principles, feel they now need to leave the program. This is shameful. And, in my opinion, an avoidable problem if people just did their jobs properly.

All those no talent Kill Players holding us back. Lets start with the Running Backs and Linebackers.
Clear them out!!!

I'm in no way saying Kill's players didn't have talent, I'd think my moniker exposed my loyalties, I was a total Kill guy, KILLmenow!!! But its not only about talent, otherwise IU would have probably done better in cbb, than they did. But it is more than talent, its about team chemistry, etc.. If Kill's players can't buy into Fleck's thing, into his system, into his way of doing things, then they need to get the fukk out of the way. No offense. I loved Kill and I loved his recruits. But he's not here anymore, Fleck is. Get on board or get the fukk out of the way!!! I've rarely been more serious about anything.

It's simple. Really. Fleck's Schtick ain't for everyone. Oh yeah and Kaler n Coyle are d bags that no one wants to be associated with, but yeah mostly the schtick thing.

It's simple. Really. Fleck's Schtick ain't for everyone. Oh yeah and Kaler n Coyle are d bags that no one wants to be associated with, but yeah mostly the schtick thing.

I like this guy

Well stated.

Citrus bowl was at least New years Day. Winning the bowl this year was pretty sweet. Better than losing to wisconsin in another bowl.

So you're praising a Citrus Bowl appearance, a game we lost. Then you downplay a Cotton Bowl appearance because they lost. So is appearing in a New Year's bowl game impressive or not?

Well, if we could have swapped conferences with Western Michigan this year and played their schedule we would have been in the Cotton Bowl as well. Getting the pat on the head as the best of the non power 5 does little for me.

Really hot take there. Of course that is a terrible way to look at it since a Big Ten team has huge advantages over a MAC team.

I won't say he is going to be successful at MN because I don't know. But just because you don't like his style doesn't mean he's not a good coach.

I forgot about Gibson. Kamal Martin is big enough where he could possibly grow into a DE, but he hasn't played there yet. I want Coughlin and Cashman to play LB and doubt they get moved.

It's preposterous to think that either coughlin or cashman could/would move to a true DE position. OLB in a 3-4 is a different scenario.

Really hot take there. Of course that is a terrible way to look at it since a Big Ten team has huge advantages over a MAC team.

I won't say he is going to be successful at MN because I don't know. But just because you don't like his style doesn't mean he's not a good coach.

Sure, in head to head against the MAC they should. PJ built western into a MAC power based on recruiting, kudos to him, but he will never have the talent advantage at Minnesota relative to the Big Ten that he had at Western compared to the Mac. Gophs need to build their program by creating an identity and recruiting kids that fit that like Wisconsin and Iowa, I just don't see PJ doing that.

Still pretty good for someone who is supposedly full of sh!t.

What does the common man lead in say about being average? Being the best of the worst and the worst of the best? Is that what you strive for?

So you're praising a Citrus Bowl appearance, a game we lost. Then you downplay a Cotton Bowl appearance because they lost. So is appearing in a New Year's bowl game impressive or not?

No you praised losing a bowl. All I did was show you we were just as successful. Being the best of a lower division then losing your big chance is definitely not impressive. Winning a bowl game with elite defense down a significant number of players on defense is definitely impressive.

Top Bottom