Gaelin Elmore announces transfer

Shoot. Elmore was an important player on the team. He was a good representative for Gopher football.
Thanks for the contributions and I wish for great success for Gaelin.
Of course if Elmore were to transfer to Wisconsin, he is a no good bum. ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Why would a player that clearly loves the team, the university and was in line for huge playing time next season leave this program?

Remember he was just a part time starter. 5 out of 13. I'm sure we will find someone just as good-if not better.

Remember he was just a part time starter. 5 out of 13. I'm sure we will find someone just as good-if not better.

I think he will be a big loss. Starter or not he played great when he was in there. Would have started every game this year.

From GopherSports:

2016 • JUNIOR SEASON: Played in all 13 games and started six • recorded 16 tackles, four tackles for a loss, 1.5 sacks and recovered three fumbles • Academic All-Big Ten. Game-by-Game: Registered one tackle against Oregon State and made one tackle against Indiana State • recovered one fumble against Colorado State • recorded one tackle against Penn State • saw action against Iowa • recovered a fumble and made one tackle against Maryland • recovered a fumble and had one tackle for a loss against Rutgers • tallied three tackles against Illinois • recorded three tackles and a sack against Purdue • made two tackles against Nebraska • assisted on a sack against Northwestern • made one tackle against Wisconsin • recorded one tackle against Washington State.

Why would a player that clearly loves the team, the university and was in line for huge playing time next season leave this program?

Do you think Kill contacted him before he got his release?

We could hang onto all of the old guard, as long as possible, and hang around the 8 win level, and maybe in year 3 we bottom out, and finally in year four, when we finally get rid of all of Kill/Claeys guys, Fleck can start to make progress with a team that is totally his.

OR, we can get rid of all of the old guard NOW, suffer in the short term, and then instead of waiting for year 4, maybe in year 2 or 3 of Fleck's rule, we can start to kick butt? Not saying Fleck is pushing them out, but my guess is it would be those seniors who would have the biggest issues with Fleck's way.

We could hang onto all of the old guard, as long as possible, and hang around the 8 win level, and maybe in year 3 we bottom out, and finally in year four, when we finally get rid of all of Kill/Claeys guys, Fleck can start to make progress with a team that is totally his.

OR, we can get rid of all of the old guard NOW, suffer in the short term, and then instead of waiting for year 4, maybe in year 2 or 3 of Fleck's rule, we can start to kick butt? Not saying Fleck is pushing them out, but my guess is it would be those seniors who would have the biggest issues with Fleck's way.

All those no talent Kill Players holding us back. Lets start with the Running Backs and Linebackers.
Clear them out!!!

Shoot. Elmore was an important player on the team. He was a good representative for Gopher football.
Thanks for the contributions and I wish for great success for Gaelin.
Of course if Elmore were to transfer to Wisconsin, he is a no good bum. ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

+1

This must be one of those generational things that guy was talking about in the Fleck v. Claeys thread.

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/OR7cUveM7rby0" width="480" height="268.8" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/editingandlayout-OR7cUveM7rby0">via GIPHY</a></p>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Tamp, tamp, tamp...

There is enough talent that there should never be a huge step back. Losing a couple players happens with or without a coaching change (Moore was already leaving), and losing Elmore, while a good player, should not make or break a season. Fleck does not have to rebuild, and hope he doesn't screw it up taking an approach like you call for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he will be a big loss. Starter or not he played great when he was in there. Would have started every game this year.

From GopherSports:

2016 • JUNIOR SEASON: Played in all 13 games and started six • recorded 16 tackles, four tackles for a loss, 1.5 sacks and recovered three fumbles • Academic All-Big Ten. Game-by-Game: Registered one tackle against Oregon State and made one tackle against Indiana State • recovered one fumble against Colorado State • recorded one tackle against Penn State • saw action against Iowa • recovered a fumble and made one tackle against Maryland • recovered a fumble and had one tackle for a loss against Rutgers • tallied three tackles against Illinois • recorded three tackles and a sack against Purdue • made two tackles against Nebraska • assisted on a sack against Northwestern • made one tackle against Wisconsin • recorded one tackle against Washington State.

Agree that this is a loss, especially for depth in the line. but I would not consider 16 tackles and 1.5 sacks "played great" territory. I had high hopes for him coming in, but he never really became an impact player where he got noticed on the field.

Congrats to Elmore for graduating early and having options! Shows what hard work can result.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Two possible reasons:

He didn't like Fleck.

Fleck didn't like him.

Which is it? I have no idea. I'll just say that people generally don't transfer if they're happy. People transfer because they're looking for something different.

Honestly, I'm not surprised to see transfers. Elmore was very much a Kill/Claeys loyalist. As the article noted, Elmore agreed he will not transfer to any school that is on the Gophers' schedule for next year. And - Rutgers is not on the Gophers' schedule. Hmmmm.

Bottom line - this young man's life has been more horrendous than anything any of us on this board could imagine. He has gone through hell and come out a better person. It's too bad he couldn't finish his career as a Gopher, but he is leaving with a degree - in three years!

I was surprised and disappointed to hear this. Gaelin has been a class act and I wish him the best. He was becoming a defensive end that was rare in the Kills era (good sized and capable and stopping the run at the edge). Best of luck to him.

Apparently he had no room on his arm to get a proper "Row the Boat" tattoo and Fleck would have none of it, had to go! Seriously, all the best to this young man.

Notice how you can't say Kill/Claeys took a team to a New Years Day 6 Bowl?

We'll never know. We do know Kill took us to our first new years day bowl in how many years? And Claeys coached the team that won 9 games. How many times did that happen in the last idk... ever? We were on an upward track, a New Years Day 6 bowl wasn't out of the question.

When the last time a Gopher coach sniffed air at the cotton bowl?

Citrus bowl was at least New years Day. Winning the bowl this year was pretty sweet. Better than losing to wisconsin in another bowl.

Top Bottom