Gaelin Elmore announces transfer

McPeePants

Reaction score
Long post on Twitter:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Best wishes to Gaelin. Congratulations on graduation from UMN.

Well that blows.

per Joe:

Gophers defensive end Gaelin Elmore has decided to transfer with one year of eligibility remaining, he announced Thursday on Twitter.

His decision further thins a defensive line corps that already needed to replace departing seniors Scott Ekpe and Hendrick Ekpe.

Without Elmore and Hendrick Ekpe, the leading candidates to start at defensive end this fall will be sophomores Tai'yon Devers and Winston DeLattiboudere. Two starting defensive tackles return, in seniors Steven Richardson and Andrew Stelter.

Elmore, who will be a senior this fall, joins offensive linemen Tyler Moore and Connor Mayes as 2016 starters who have announced they are transferring. Honored nationally with the Wilma Rudolph Student-Athlete Achievement Award last spring, Elmore also was one of the leaders of the Gophers two-day player boycott last December.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...transferring-from-football-program/416958614/

Go Gophers!!

Well that sucks but important to remember he is getting his degree and will be a grad transfer. Elmore is a real success story and I am sure will be successful in whatever he puts his mind too.

When a coaching change happens it is hardest for the seniors. The staff has no real need or want to invest in them.

Best wishes to Gaelin. A terrific young who perservered through difficult circumstances.

Probably thinks he can play at a potential "big time" bowl team., good luck with that. Now the S and C coach has his work cut out for him trying to get Devers up to speed. Maybe some grad transfer will come in and replace Elmore.

That's too bad. Hurts us big on D. Congrats on the degree.

we should still win 10 games, we get basically everyone back [sarcasm]

Best of luck to Gaelin, he was a big-time recruiting win for us and turned into a solid player.

A class act. Congrats on the degree and best of luck in the future.

Total class! I hope we find many more Gaelin Elmore's to suit up for the Maroon and Gold.

Probably thinks he can play at a potential "big time" bowl team., good luck with that. Now the S and C coach has his work cut out for him trying to get Devers up to speed. Maybe some grad transfer will come in and replace Elmore.
Grad school at Rutgers...

I was gonna say it opens up a spot for Breiden Fehoko but then I remembered that he would need to sit out a year anyways...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe ... we'll see. But if that were the case you'd think he would've made this move before the semester started. Or, at least, before spring practice started.

This is now two seniors who have started in the past, who could be expected to start or at least contribute a lot next season, to leave after spring practice started. Odd timing that could lead to the type of speculation that will make Dr. Don and Highwayman lose their minds.

Hate to lose a senior on th D line. I was hoping this would be the year his production matched his potential. He looked like he could be RH 2.0. Coaching changes always lead to transfers.

Hate to lose a senior on th D line. I was hoping this would be the year his production matched his potential. He looked like he could be RH 2.0. Coaching changes always lead to transfers.

You must have really been enjoying the new alcohol sales...:drink:

Elmore was a solid player and will be a big loss next year, but let's not get carried away.

Maybe ... we'll see. But if that were the case you'd think he would've made this move before the semester started. Or, at least, before spring practice started.

This is now two seniors who have started in the past, who could be expected to start or at least contribute a lot next season, to leave after spring practice started. Odd timing that could lead to the type of speculation that will make Dr. Don and Highwayman lose their minds.

LOL

They hate the fact that GH exists and people would dare to post opinions...we should all just sit around and wait for press releases to come out.

More playing time for Kamal Martin

More playing time for Kamal Martin

Martin is an OLB and Elmore is a DE. Maybe in certain 3rd down packages, but I would have expected Martin on the field all 3 downs next season, anyway.

Hell of a classy tweet. Wish him the best. He'll be missed

I'm digging the potential of the 2-5 defense.

One of my favorite Gophers. Really bummed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Six freshman D Linemen are coming into the program. A few of them will probabley play next year.

Hate to see him go, I was a big fan. I wish him well in his future endeavors.

Moore, Elmore and Mayes all gone. Not nearly as optimistic about next year as I was before and I don't really have any expectations anymore. This is a big blow. Couple that with the expulsions of Hardin and Buford plus the guys with smaller roles leaving the team like Steiber, Keuhn, Fahning etc. and there are a lot of spots where I don't like our depth. Very unfortunate.

Wondering if he is ready to move on because it is "all about the future" and "can't wait to see what these "young men can do in a few years"...

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to have Coach Fleck here, but Elmore may not feel important with his dialect.

Moore, Elmore and Mayes all gone. Not nearly as optimistic about next year as I was before and I don't really have any expectations anymore. This is a big blow. Couple that with the expulsions of Hardin and Buford plus the guys with smaller roles leaving the team like Steiber, Keuhn, Fahning etc. and there are a lot of spots where I don't like our depth. Very unfortunate.

This statement is heresy to the Claeyophiles. 9 wins or bust next year, the cupboard is full....

Top Bottom