Lavar Ball

ole1710

Reaction score
Anybody else cheering for Kentucky? This guys is downright obnoxious and put on a lot more pressure on Lonzo who by all means is a good kid. Why do some dad's have to talk?
Thoughts?

Anybody else cheering for Kentucky? This guys is downright obnoxious and put on a lot more pressure on Lonzo who by all means is a good kid. Why do some dad's have to talk?
Thoughts?

Two things.

1. I am going to enjoy watching one of these two teams lose tomorrow night.
2. It's the media's fault here... ahem... ESPN... don't give coverage to a college hoops parent. end of story.

Two things.

1. I am going to enjoy watching one of these two teams lose tonight
2. It's the media's fault here... ahem... ESPN... don't give coverage to a college hoops parent. end of story.

Hope you didn't clear your schedule for tonight as you might be disappointed

Lots of terrible people in sports or people with terrible parents. A guy saying obvious nonsense and overhtping his kids is funny, not anything to make me angry. He's obviously trolling the media anyway. He's crazy, not stupid

The debate on whether or not LaVar Ball is a bad dad is absolutely ludicrous.

He's crazy like a fox is what I think is going on here. And ESPN is as stupid as we all think they are.

Thoughts?

Agreed, but the boy (Lonzo) seems like a really nice kid. Pulling for UCLA.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I often listen to Boston sports talk radio during my morning and evening drive time. The Boston Celtics have the Brooklyn Nets first pick, so it is highly likely they get the first or second pick, unless they deal it away, depending on the lottery. This morning, the discussion focused on whether Danny Ainge would factor LaVar Ball into his decision whether to take Lonzo Ball or Markelle Fultz. The three hosts generally agreed that Lonzo was a great kid and might warrant the first pick based on skill and potential ceiling. Two of them said that LaVar would not factor into the decision, but the third, a former pro athlete, suggested that if Ball and Fultz graded out somewhat equally, he would pass on Ball, because he suspected that LaVar would cause problems in the locker room by calling out certain players if the team was not playing well, dominating local sports media, etc.

My Dad, 80 year old Canadian, thinks Lavar Bell is playing everyone to get publicity for his kids. I agree. Just ignore the chatter.

My Dad, 80 year old Canadian, thinks Lavar Bell is playing everyone to get publicity for his kids. I agree. Just ignore the chatter.

I agree with your dad.

As obnoxious as Lavar is. I can't help but like the crazy bastard.

I can't help but admire and respect a black father who that raises his kids and is proud and passionate about his them.
No matter how bat sh*t crazy he might be.

There's a thin line between crazy and genius...
he may just be a marketing genius.

I think he's crazy like a fox too...he knows what he's doing. While people tsk tsk a lot when they hear it, our country doesn't exactly shun boastful hype men talking a bigger game than they play - see Donald Trump, Conor McGregor, every rapper ever, most every boxer ever, etc. He is building a brand, and it's working. He just needs some pro designers and marketers for his "Big Baller" gear, or it will all flop.

I think he should watch what he says about current NBA players and teams. As in picking fights with LeBron, saying "only the Lakers", etc. Burning bridges with NBA GMs, coaches, or guys who may be his sons' teammates in the future could wind up backfiring.

I agree with your dad.

As obnoxious as Lavar is. I can't help but like the crazy bastard.

I can't help but admire and respect a black father who that raises his kids and is proud and passionate about his them.
No matter how bat sh*t crazy he might be.

There's a thin line between crazy and genius...
he may just be a marketing genius.
I swear sportsfan24 is Lavar Ball. [emoji41]

Now this is classic (copied from ESPN article)

This is also not the first time LaVar Ball has referenced Jordan. He previously said he could beat Jordan in one-on-one when they were both younger athletes.

"Back in my heyday, I would kill Michael Jordan one-on-one,'' LaVar Ball told USA Today in March. Ball averaged 2.2 points and 2.3 rebounds while playing for Washington State in the 1987-88 season.

In the same article he said Jordan couldn't sell a $495 shoe like Lonzo can.

He is just making outlandish statements to get free publicity.

In the same article he said Jordan couldn't sell a $495 shoe like Lonzo can.

He is just making outlandish statements to get free publicity.

Remind you of anyone:confused:

The saddest thing about this is that ESPN gives this clown air time. Like not in an insignificant way.

The saddest thing about this is that ESPN gives this clown air time. Like not in an insignificant way.

He's a moron that's going to hurt whatever team drafts his kid. I sure hope it's the lakers. We don't need that clown show here. Besides, he'll get along great with "I can't wait to tell you what I videotaped my teammate doing now" D. Russell.

He's a moron that's going to hurt whatever team drafts his kid. I sure hope it's the lakers. We don't need that clown show here. Besides, he'll get along great with "I can't wait to tell you what I videotaped my teammate doing now" D. Russell.

I really hope Lonzo ends up anywhere but Minnesota (honestly don't think Dad would let him play here anyway as Minneapolis probably wouldn't be seen as good for his brand and that is really all LaVar cares about). At this point I feel bad for the kid because he basically has everyone rooting for him to fail since his dad is such a moron. Lebron James trying to sell sneakers for $495 would be insane, but putting that kind of price tag on the shoe of a kid who hasn't even set foot on an NBA court yet is just stupid.

Hard to believe there were actually some people that paid that price for a pair of shoes, but I guess there is a sucker born every minute or whatever the saying is. Would be great if the networks would stop putting this guy on the air but they know he is going to say something stupid and that will get people to watch so they keep running him out there. Same reason the news networks still put someone like Kelly Anne Conway on the air, they know she is going to say something dumb and people will tune in to see what alternative fact she dreams up next.

Top Bottom