Arkansas to allow guns IN the stadium

maybe add an extra point for home field advantage for Hog home games? What could possibly go wrong with football, alcohol and guns?

Bert will go for 2, and he won't say the chart told him to do it - Smith and Wesson told him to do it.

What the hell happens at Arkansas Football games that makes them think folks need to be able to protect themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rounds of ammunition will exceed the collective IQs at home games.

The Last Boy Scout. From fantasy to reality

Common sense finally prevails. No guns allowed in sporting events.

Seriously guys, quick falling for headlines

Update: Score it as a potential victory for common sense. While HB1249 is still a state law in Arkansas, the state senate voted on Thursday to exempt college sporting events from the bill. Now the house and governor must ratify as an adjustment to the law passed just a day ago.

Someone stands too much? Shoot 'em in the *ss.

Only way to keep Bert from stealing your food. Seems reasonable.

What the hell happens at Arkansas Football games that makes them think folks need to be able to protect themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must be the coach and his staff that makes them want to arm themselves

Handy for those times when the Razorback defense cannot make a stop

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Seriously guys, quick falling for headlines

When this was originally posted, the update wasn't there. They still run the original story below the update, where a full-on firearms party was coming to Razorback Stadium. The writer didn't have his stuff together, or it was a developing situation he made sound final.

I'd prefer to be able to carry one of my pistols to the games. I'm so use to carrying one it feels weird not to have one.

maybe add an extra point for home field advantage for Hog home games? What could possibly go wrong with football, alcohol and guns?

No one with a concealed hand gun license will be drinking alcohol and carrying their gun, trust me on this!

No one with a concealed hand gun license will be drinking alcohol and carrying their gun, trust me on this!

You can still drink. The legal limit is just lower. Luckily my tolerance is so high it takes me forever to get to a .04! Science.

You can still drink. The legal limit is just lower. Luckily my tolerance is so high it takes me forever to get to a .04! Science.

Legally speaking that's true, but good luck surviving the civil trial if you shoot someone if you had a drop of alcohol in your body. .

we are talking about the fan base that allegedly shot Nolan Richardson's horse. and he brought a NC to the school

but yes. agree with the above. as a former Arkansan, i found the Hog fans rabid, but not deadly

Legally speaking that's true, but good luck surviving the civil trial if you shoot someone if you had a drop of alcohol in your body. .

Now that's just silly, they can't detect a single drop of alcohol.

Gives a whole new meaning to the Shotgun and Pistol

Reminds me of the George Carlin bit comparing football to baseball. "They play football in stadiums, War Memorial Stadium. In football, the field general throws short bullet passes and long precision bombs marching his team down the field. Baseball is played in a Park, and the object is to go home......yeah, I'm going home!!" Love that bit.

http://www.therepublic.com/2017/03/28/fbc-arkansas-guns-stadiums/

The debate continues. the SEC appeals for ban; the NRA opposes exemption because "freedom!".

An Arkansas House committee advanced a measure Tuesday to exempt college sporting events from a state law allowing guns after the Southeastern Conference appealed for guns to be banned from facilities such as football stadiums.

Gov. Asa Hutchinson signed the new state law last week allowing concealed handguns at colleges, government buildings, some bars and even the State Capitol.

The House Judiciary Committee advanced the exemption measure after it was amended. Under the amended exemption, college stadiums such as the University of Arkansas’ Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium and the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences would be able to designate sensitive areas where they wouldn’t want people to carry concealed handguns. To prohibit concealed carry in those sensitive areas, they would have to put together a security plan for those areas and submit it to Arkansas State Police for approval...

...Ballinger said that if college sporting events and the medical facilities were going to prohibit concealed carry, then they must demonstrate that they will provide the necessary security.

The National Rifle Association, which supported the expanded concealed handguns law, opposes the exemption measure in its current and previous form.

“There is no language in (the bill) that could be classified as an SEC exemption,” NRA spokesman Lars Dalseide said in an email. “Instead we have a bill that eliminates a considerable amount of fundamental freedoms recognized by the governor just last week.”

SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey said the measure signed into law last week by the governor creates concerns for the conference and its member institutions. The University of Arkansas is an SEC school, and Razorback Stadium holds 72,000 people.

“Given the intense atmosphere surrounding athletic events, adding weapons increases safety concerns and could negatively impact the intercollegiate athletics program at the University of Arkansas in several ways, including scheduling, officiating, recruiting and attendance,” Sankey said in a statement.

The law takes effect Sept. 1, but Arkansas residents likely won’t be allowed to carry concealed weapons into the expanded locations until early next year. The law gives Arkansas State Police until January to design the additional training that will be required. More than 220,000 people have concealed handgun licenses in the state..

...Ballinger said that if college sporting events and the medical facilities were going to prohibit concealed carry, then they must demonstrate that they will provide the necessary security..

Haven't they already demonstrated necessary security measures from the time Arkansas played their first ever home game to their last home game in 2016?

Top Bottom