Claeys Vs Fleck

True, but my money goes on Fleck being the problem in that break up.
Pressure from the loss of a child combined with PJ putting all his efforts in building his coaching resume results in a grieving wife caring for the kids and not getting support from her husband.
I'm a believer in for better or worse. Elite is the couple that make it work.
Don't feed me one liners and acronyms if you can't fix your own house.

And I've read before that his 1st wife was the one who wanted out because she didn't like the coaching lifestyle. So now he has a new wife that is supportive of the lifestyle and is constantly by his side. I don't see anything wrong with that.

His self-centered life?? There's no chance you know enough about the man to make such a statement. Absolutely ridiculous. As far as who's company I would more enjoy it's not close. Claeys is a nice guy but has the personality and charisma of a piece of toast.

Piece of Toast? There's no chance you know enough about the man to make such a statement. Absolutely ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I've read before that his 1st wife was the one who wanted out because she didn't like the coaching lifestyle. So now he has a new wife that is supportive of the lifestyle and is constantly by his side. I don't see anything wrong with that.
I do. Fleck has a responsibility to work toward reconciliation even if it means adjusting your own personal aspirations. He married her and committed to her. Life is more than your job.

I do. Fleck has a responsibility to work toward reconciliation even if it means adjusting your own personal aspirations. He married her and committed to her. Life is more than your job.

I'm sure you know all about Fleck's marriage and remarriage. He said she didn't like the coaching buisness which is up to you if you want to believe him or not. If he has aspirations to be a big time coach and she didn't like the buisness then they shouldn't be together. Anyways talking about another man's marriage is borderline more creepy than worrying about college kids sex lives.

Because he got a divorce or do you know something we don't know?
I know he divorced his wife and married another woman less than a year later. I know that's not called faithfulness.
Fleck is free to do what he wants. I hope he is an amazing coach at UMN. That doesn't mean I have to like him more than I like Claeys. Claeys is a very likeable person.

I know he divorced his wife and married another woman less than a year later. I know that's not called faithfulness.
Fleck is free to do what he wants. I hope he is an amazing coach at UMN. That doesn't mean I have to like him more than I like Claeys. Claeys is a very likeable person.

Stop making stuff up. You're making a fool of yourself.

Stop making stuff up. You're making a fool of yourself.
You mean Fleck didn't get a divorce? The news media provided fake news?

You are free to be Fleckite, Les. I won't hold it against you.
I just like Claeys better based upon the lives the two people have lead.

I hope Fleck makes the Gopher football team a perennial winner. I will root for that. I don't have to like him as a person, however.

What is the right amount of time to wait before getting married again?

Dude you need to stop like now. Who the hell are you to judge this man's personal life? You're entering crazy bga and diehard territory here which is not good company. Just shut up and stop embarrassing yourself. You don't know either man personally and you've crossed a line.

What about being "faithful" to a man who you coached with for 15 years? Really brings my opinion down about Claeys.

What about being "faithful" to a man who you coached with for 15 years? Really brings my opinion down about Claeys.

So you're saying he could never change any of the coaches? Even if they were terrible? Loyalty is one thing, but wanting to be successful is important in the head coaching business.

Dude you need to stop like now. Who the hell are you to judge this man's personal life? You're entering crazy bga and diehard territory here which is not good company. Just shut up and stop embarrassing yourself. You don't know either man personally and you've crossed a line.
This is a thread about Claeys and Fleck. No one is required to love Fleck as a human being. You are free to love Fleck in every way, shape and form. I am free to not like Fleck. Stop trying to shout me down because you don't like my opinion.

So you're saying he could never change any of the coaches? Even if they were terrible? Loyalty is one thing, but wanting to be successful is important in the head coaching business.

Not being serious

Johnny is unsuccessfully trying to equate a job decision with a marriage decision.
I welcome people expressing what they like and dislike about the two men. Feel free to have a different opinion. However, Johnny seems to take it personally when I share why I respect Claeys over Fleck.

This is a thread about Claeys and Fleck. No one is required to love Fleck as a human being. You are free to love Fleck in every way, shape and form. I am free to not like Fleck. Stop trying to shout me down because you don't like my opinion.

Not liking him is one thing. Judging his personal life and marriage is completely out of line. You have NO CLUE what went on with his first marriage yet you sit here in judgement? Especially considering they lost a child? How despicable can you be?

Not liking him is one thing. Judging his personal life and marriage is completely out of line. You have NO CLUE what went on with his first marriage yet you sit here in judgement? Especially considering they lost a child? How despicable can you be?
Of course I have no clue. Just like you had no clue about Claeys. We make up our opinions based upon what we read. I don't like reading about a man failing at his marriage and then spewing platitudes about being elite. Seems hypocritical to me. You don't have to agree. Your disagreement doesn't bother me.

Yes, they lost a child. PJ, suck it up. Be a man and support your wife over your career. PJ deserves criticism. I know people who have suffered equally and even greater losses. The remained faithful through the grief. It's called being elite.

Of course I have no clue. Just like you had no clue about Claeys. We make up our opinions based upon what we read. I don't like reading about a man failing at his marriage and then spewing platitudes about being elite. Seems hypocritical to me. You don't have to agree. Your disagreement doesn't bother me.

Yes, they lost a child. PJ, suck it up. Be a man and support your wife over your career. PJ deserves criticism. I know people who have suffered equally and even greater losses. The remained faithful through the grief. It's called being elite.

Well I'm not really sure if Claeys or Fleck is a better man and it doesn't really matter. One thing is for sure, they are both better than you.

I don't like reading about a man failing at his marriage and then spewing platitudes about being elite. Seems hypocritical to me. You don't have to agree.

Good, I don't!

“You need to use [failure] to serve other people who might do the same thing. You get divorced? I got divorced. Fifty-three of my players, at some point, statistically, will be divorced. Guess what. They’ve got a guy in me who’s been there, and I want people who haven’t had a perfect life, because life’s not perfect. If somebody’s life’s really perfect and you’re looking at them like, ‘Wow, this isn’t much adversity,’ I don’t know if I’ll ever believe that person, or I never want them around my organization.” -PJ Fleck

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...be8f848c492_story.html?utm_term=.0f9bc3d52f81

Making fun of Claeys' weight, dress, looks, speech, and mannerisms is funny and encouraged, but talking about Fleck's divorce is crossing the line? Got it.

Good, I don't!

“You need to use [failure] to serve other people who might do the same thing. You get divorced? I got divorced. Fifty-three of my players, at some point, statistically, will be divorced. Guess what. They’ve got a guy in me who’s been there, and I want people who haven’t had a perfect life, because life’s not perfect. If somebody’s life’s really perfect and you’re looking at them like, ‘Wow, this isn’t much adversity,’ I don’t know if I’ll ever believe that person, or I never want them around my organization.” -PJ Fleck

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...be8f848c492_story.html?utm_term=.0f9bc3d52f81

So Fleck doesn't want to be elite. He should jettison the term since he doesn't aspire to it in his personal life.

What Fleck can do is admit he failed at his marriage and admit that he quit. That would be a good start.

In the end this is about the belief that Tracy Claeys is a more upstanding person than Fleck, in my opinion.

When I hear Fleck apologizing, I may change my opinion of him. Everyone has a chance to redeem themselves. I'm waiting for Fleck to do the right thing.

Hey - let's leave the personal lives out of it. I have two sisters, who have a collective 3 divorces between them. I love both of them. They just had god-awful taste in men. At least my older sister found a good guy and has been with him for about 10 years - and the dude can cook!

Whatever happened in Fleck's marriage is his business.

Having said that, I suspect I would get along much better with Claeys if it was a choice of which guy to have dinner with or watch a ball game with. I'm a small-town guy. I know a lot of people like Claeys. I've never met anyone like Fleck. Well, I did know a guy who used to do a lot of amphetamines, and he was pretty wound up - but not the same thing.....

Claeys is much more of a "Minnesotan." You could see him hanging out at the feed store B.S'ing with the farmers about the weather and grain prices. Fleck - not so much. NOW - that has nothing to do with which person will be a more successful coach. There are a lot of successful coaches that I wouldn't want to hang out with - but they're still good coaches.

For all the talk of bad wins and a weak schedule, until the end of time, when you check the Gophers' FB record for 2016, it will say 9 wins, bowl game victory, head coach Tracy Claeys. for 2017, what will it say next to PJ Fleck? Only time will tell.

For all the talk of bad wins and a weak schedule, until the end of time, when you check the Gophers' FB record for 2016, it will say 9 wins, bowl game victory, head coach Tracy Claeys.

9* wins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Fleck doesn't want to be elite. He should jettison the term since he doesn't aspire to it in his personal life.

What Fleck can do is admit he failed at his marriage and admit that he quit. That would be a good start.

In the end this is about the belief that Tracy Claeys is a more upstanding person than Fleck, in my opinion.

When I hear Fleck apologizing, I may change my opinion of him. Everyone has a chance to redeem themselves. I'm waiting for Fleck to do the right thing.

You have been trolling the last three months I'm going to assume you're still trolling now. Go away

You have been trolling the last three months I'm going to assume you're still trolling now. Go away

You have been as big a troll as anyone. Take your own advice.

Why are people bringing in personal controversies to this conversation. Who cares about their personal life if we just win some football games (nothing illegal of course)?

LOL, I am addressing the thread. You are trolling me because it bothers you that I think Claeys is a better person than Fleck. Let it go and stop stalking me.

You have been as big a troll as anyone. Take your own advice.

Why are people bringing in personal controversies to this conversation. Who cares about their personal life if we just win some football games (nothing illegal of course)?
How am I a troll?

Top Bottom