All Things 2017-18 B1G Schedules

Penn State will be completing series with George Mason and George Washington this season, playing GW at home and playing Mason on the road. Posters on an Appalachian State message board are saying they play at Ohio State, and Ball State message board posters are saying they play at Purdue. I also believe that Illinois will be playing New Mexico State in their annual United Center game, with this one being seen as a way to honor Lou Henson since he coached at both schools.

I also found an article from Marshall's website that talked about last year's schedule, and in the article it mentions that Marshall will be playing in a Global Sports MTE event this season with a game at Illinois being a part of it. This will be the second straight year that they are going to a BIG school as part of an MTE, as they did this with Ohio State last season.

http://www.herdzone.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/062316aaa.html

Penn State will be completing series with George Mason and George Washington this season, playing GW at home and playing Mason on the road. Posters on an Appalachian State message board are saying they play at Ohio State, and Ball State message board posters are saying they play at Purdue. I also believe that Illinois will be playing New Mexico State in their annual United Center game, with this one being seen as a way to honor Lou Henson since he coached at both schools.

I also found an article from Marshall's website that talked about last year's schedule, and in the article it mentions that Marshall will be playing in a Global Sports MTE event this season with a game at Illinois being a part of it. This will be the second straight year that they are going to a BIG school as part of an MTE, as they did this with Ohio State last season.

http://www.herdzone.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/062316aaa.html

Thanks much. Will update in a bit.

Barclay's Center Classic not a tournament format

Gophers get UMass (Nov. 24) and Alabama (Nov. 25). Won't play BYU.

One quality opponent (Crimson Tide), one stinker (UMass).

With the Gophers playing Nov. 25 vs. Alabama, their ACC Challenge game (opponent TBD) will be either Tuesday, Nov. 28, or Wednesday the 29th.

With the Gophers playing Nov. 25 vs. Alabama, their ACC Challenge game (opponent TBD) will be either Tuesday, Nov. 28, or Wednesday the 29th.

Is this all we know as far as dates are concerned? Or am I missing something?

November 13th - @ Providence
November 24th - vs. Umass
November 25th - vs. Alabama

Is this all we know as far as dates are concerned? Or am I missing something?

November 13th - @ Providence
November 24th - vs. Umass
November 25th - vs. Alabama

Only other confirmed opponent & date is Jan. 20 vs. Ohio State @ Madison Square Garden.

Also know Gophers will play 1 home & 1 road Big 10 game between Dec. 1-4.

Only other confirmed opponent & date is Jan. 20 vs. Ohio State @ Madison Square Garden.

Also know Gophers will play 1 home & 1 road Big 10 game between Dec. 1-4.

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping we play at home for that 1st Big 10 game. I feel like that would lessen the travel a little bit. Having to go from NYC, to having a home game to having another road game could take it's toll. Especially if we would have to travel to Rutgers/MD/PSU. If that does happen that would essentially be three East Coast trips in about the first three weeks of the season. But maybe that type of exposure isn't the worst thing since Pitino seems to be recruiting that area regularly, especially the NYC/NJ area.

Maryland opens with St Bonaventure in Emerald Coast Classic per Rothstein's Twitter. New Mexico and TCU play on other side. The winners and losers square off in 2nd game.

PK80 brackets are out:

Victory Bracket
UNC vs Portland
Arkansas vs Oklahoma
Georgetown vs MSU
UConn vs Oregon

Motion Bracket
Duke vs Portland State
Butler vs Texas
Florida vs Stanford
Gonzaga vs Ohio State

http://pkinvitational.com/brackets/

Two dates for MSU. December 9 home vs southern Utah and Long Beach State home on December 21

Wisconsin update

Badgers will host South Carolina State as part of CBE Hall of Fame Classic.

Illinois, UNLV to start a home & home in Vegas

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wisconsin @ Temple date set

Non-conference schedule is more than solid (so far)

Solid start to the Gophers' non-conference schedule. Hopefully a couple more top-75 type opponents coming.

KenPom ranks of Gophers' 5 known opponents.

#35 Arkansas
#42 Miami
#56 Alabama
#60 Providence
#157 UMass

Average = 70

Potential Barclays Center Classic opponents

Niagara (#256 KenPom) and Western Carolina (#322) are teams the Gophers might see at Williams Arena for the Barclays Center Classic.

Niagara (#256 KenPom) and Western Carolina (#322) are teams the Gophers might see at Williams Arena for the Barclays Center Classic.

These were the types of games the Gophers avoiding playing last year. We only played ONE opponent that had an RPI over 250+(NJIT). These kind of games drag down your OOC SOS. I did some research on these two teams and the good news both teams return their top 8 scorers(unless I missed a transfer), so both were relatively young last year, so both should improve on their overall record.

Purdue schedule updated above

Boilers only unknown non-conference opponent is Battle 4 Atlantis quarterfinal.

These were the types of games the Gophers avoiding playing last year. We only played ONE opponent that had an RPI over 250+(NJIT). These kind of games drag down your OOC SOS. I did some research on these two teams and the good news both teams return their top 8 scorers(unless I missed a transfer), so both were relatively young last year, so both should improve on their overall record.

Hopefully these two are better. Unfortunately I don't think we control who the opponents are for these two games. Hopefully they bring in a Mid Major or two with the remaining games and schedule some pre season favorites like South Dakota or FGCU Winthrop Bucknell or Vermont from the smaller conferences

Michigan playing the ultimate cupcake

Illinois to host Longwood

Lancers were #347 (of 351) in KenPom rnakings.

Iowa draws Louisiana in Cayman Islands Classic

NCAA qualifier South Dakota State or CBI champ Wyoming in second game.

Sneaky decent tournament. Also includes Cincinnati.

Northwestern and Wisconsin are both hosting Chicago State per their schedule release. Already known that they were playing Iowa and Purdue this year also.

Northwestern and Wisconsin are both hosting Chicago State per their schedule release. Already known that they were playing Iowa and Purdue this year also.

Thanks.

If Chicago State wins 1 of those 4 they may finish ahead of Nebraska or Rutgers in the B1G standings.

Top Bottom