All Things 2017-18 B1G Schedules

They'll never do it, but I've always thought B1G should go back to traveling partners like the Pac 12 does. Nice and simple. The only traveling partners I'd change from what you have is put OSU-PSU together and Maryland-Rutgers together.

I grouped those 4 together as most equal competitively.

Good stuff. Any chance you can do a projection for Minnesota? #GoGreen #SpartyOn #KillBubbaKill

I'll take a stab at it
Home Illinois, Northwestern, Penn State, vs OSU at MSG, Nebraska, Iowa, Rutgers, Purdue, Michigan
Away Wisconsin, Michigan State, Indiana, Maryland, Nebraska, Iowa, Rutgers, Purdue, Michigan
Bolded the teams that i think we will play twice based on the scheduling from last year and two years ago.

Schedule adds

Northwestern will host Valpo, Purdue will host Fairfield.

The Pitino vs. Pitino thing is neat and everything, but we've already done that. As much as I despise Coach K, they're still Duke. They're the gold standard for college basketball, even if their coach is an arrogant twit. No other program I'd more rather see make a visit to Williams Arena than the Dukies. The Barn would be electric, bedlam. Louisville, even with Papa Rick, wouldn't be quite the same. Louisville is not Duke.

^ This. Pitino vs Pitino does not excite me. Louisville does not excite me much. We played them in the Tubby era, already played them in the Pitino era, and the father-son thing has been discussed to death on tv, papers, etc. Whether it's still considered novel as a national story, it's such an old and tired story here.

I want Duke or UNC at Williams Arena. We deserve it -- we've been getting sh*t matchups in this event for years, and next year at the time of the challenge we should be considered the #1 or #2 team in the B1G.

^ This. Pitino vs Pitino does not excite me. Louisville does not excite me much. We played them in the Tubby era, already played them in the Pitino era, and the father-son thing has been discussed to death on tv, papers, etc. Whether it's still considered novel as a national story, it's such an old and tired story here.

I want Duke or UNC at Williams Arena. We deserve it -- we've been getting sh*t matchups in this event for years, and next year at the time of the challenge we should be considered the #1 or #2 team in the B1G.

I would be shocked if Coach K or the Cheater agreed to a game at Williams Arena.

If it's the ACC/B1G Challenge, do they have a say in the matter?

Coach K is the Grand Poobah of college basketball. He has a say in everything; just ask the lawmakers in North Carolina who probably caught his venom after the his Dukies lost a "road" game to South Carolina in the NCAA Tournament. K has his mitts on everything.

Duke/NC

I would be shocked if Coach K or the Cheater agreed to a game at Williams Arena.

Why? Chance for a likely Top 50 road win, will be showcased on ESPN regardless, both are targeting Minnesota area recruits and it's on their way back from the Oregon Nike Tourney. They have to play somebody and it's not like the Gophers are invincible at the Barn over the years.

Nothwestern will host

CIT champion Saint Peter's as part of Hall of Fame Tip-Off.

First we've been a middling team for years. Second, last year we went on the road to the team who finished 3rd in the ACC... I know we have played against FSU too many times but that's not a Sh*t match-up except from a reputation bias basis.

First we've been a middling team for years. Second, last year we went on the road to the team who finished 3rd in the ACC... I know we have played against FSU too many times but that's not a Sh*t match-up except from a reputation bias basis.

The networks got lucky with that match up, they thought we would be a mediocre at best team, and maybe they thought FSU would be on the bubble. marquee challenge games don't end up on ESPN U on the Monday block

Rutgers will host Fordham

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wisconsin will host Yale

I believe this Yale game is one of our home games as part of the CBE Classic. Rothstein has an earlier tweet which says that Yale is also playing at Creighton, who also happens to be one of the other teams in the CBE. I suppose it could be a coincidence, but I don't think it is.

I believe this Yale game is one of our home games as part of the CBE Classic. Rothstein has an earlier tweet which says that Yale is also playing at Creighton, who also happens to be one of the other teams in the CBE. I suppose it could be a coincidence, but I don't think it is.

Thanks, that makes sense. Appreciate the tip. Will amend above.

Wildcats will host Brown

There is an announcement tomorrow of a double-header at the Little Caesar Arena pitting Michigan against Detroit and Michigan State versus Oakland. I would assume a date will be given at the press conference tomorrow..

There is an announcement tomorrow of a double-header at the Little Caesar Arena pitting Michigan against Detroit and Michigan State versus Oakland. I would assume a date will be given at the press conference tomorrow..

According to Rothstein's Twitter, the games are scheduled 12/16. Official announcement at 10 am

Thanks.

Folks sure to have some "pizza, pizza" with their "basketball, basketball."

Northwestern @ Oklahoma will be Dec. 22

Top Bottom