Tailgate parking

Shoe8186

Reaction score
I am looking for feedback from anyone who tailgates at the river flats. I love lot 37 but I also like to spend less. I particularly want to know if the crowd is large enough to create a good pregame atmosphere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The atmosphere at the flats is great IMO. Plenty of room for games and grilling. Pretty view of the river. Easy to get in and out with minimal traffic issues.

The only downside is it is an uphill hike to get to the game.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

The atmosphere at the flats is great IMO. Plenty of room for games and grilling. Pretty view of the river. Easy to get in and out with minimal traffic issues.

The only downside is it is an uphill hike to get to the game.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I think if you walk into the Coffman ramp you can elevator up to Coffman and than walk thru out to the Mall.

It is a little sleepy, but cant beat the price or the room.

I think it's great. Yeah, it's a long walk, but being right down on the river? Can't beat it.

It is a little sleepy, but cant beat the price or the room.

I'll go along with this. Our group tailgates there. It's beautiful, cheap and easy. But on the question of "atmosphere," it depends on what you like. It's not a party. Kind of spread out. If you like hanging around a bonfire in your back yard with a few friends, and seeing your neighbors outside doing the same thing, you'll like it. We haven't parked in the lots around the stadium, so I can't compare to that, but it's a huge difference compared to Vikings tailgates, for example.

I will go with this except for the "easy out" part. Traffic seems way worse leaving the flats then other tailgate lot. Just plan on having a beer or three after the game and your fine.

I will go with this except for the "easy out" part. Traffic seems way worse leaving the flats then other tailgate lot. Just plan on having a beer or three after the game and your fine.

There was one season where this was a huge headache (Axe game a few years back when it was really really cold, it took an hour to just get out of the lot).

Since then, I have left right after the game ends and have been able to quickly get out and onto 35W.

There was one season where this was a huge headache (Axe game a few years back when it was really really cold, it took an hour to just get out of the lot).

Since then, I have left right after the game ends and have been able to quickly get out and onto 35W.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

I'll go along with this. Our group tailgates there. It's beautiful, cheap and easy. But on the question of "atmosphere," it depends on what you like. It's not a party. Kind of spread out. If you like hanging around a bonfire in your back yard with a few friends, and seeing your neighbors outside doing the same thing, you'll like it. We haven't parked in the lots around the stadium, so I can't compare to that, but it's a huge difference compared to Vikings tailgates, for example.

Thank you I love your bonfire example

Top Bottom