Fleck: Five reinstated players handled their absences with ‘class’

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

Gophers football coach P.J. Fleck said the five players reinstated to the team on Monday handled themselves with class during the hearing and appeals process on their alleged involvement in a sexual misconduct case.

Minnesota’s third spring practice Tuesday included safety Antoine Winfield, running back Kobe McCrary, cornerback Antonio Shenault and quarterbacks Seth Green and Mark Williams. Those five, along with five other teammates, were suspended since Dec. 13 after the school filed a report into a female student’s claims of sexual assault and harassment in an off-campus incident in September.

Fleck was hired Jan. 6 and inherited the process in midstream. On his watch, the players had hearings with a three-person panel in February and then the U’s appeals process, which concluded Monday.

“I thought all those kids did all the right things off the field, when the whole investigation was going,” Fleck said Tuesday. “They were in class, they were where they were supposed to be there, and I thought they handled everything with class.”

Fleck met with those players. “I did sit down and talk to them was just to verify that they did receive a letter from the university that they were reinstated,” he said.

“I’m just glad to have the guys back and have that behind us and move forward, just continue to move forward and just continue to change our best,” Fleck said.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/03/2...ed-players-handled-their-absences-with-class/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom