Jamir Harris last night

gopherdiehard

Reaction score
Last night I watched his state title game and both him and Washington are going to really help this team next year.. he was literally chased all over the floor the whole game he seemed like almost more of a concern then the Richards kid (Kentucky commit) he's going to free up a lot of space in the paint because he's a lethal shooter.. springs will be missed but he's the same type of quick release shooter defensively is my only concern. Hope he can utilize a great pump fake because he's going to create a lot of space for our other guys

Last night I watched his state title game and both him and Washington are going to really help this team next year.. he was literally chased all over the floor the whole game he seemed like almost more of a concern then the Richards kid (Kentucky commit) he's going to free up a lot of space in the paint because he's a lethal shooter.. springs will be missed but he's the same type of quick release shooter defensively is my only concern. Hope he can utilize a great pump fake because he's going to create a lot of space for our other guys

How's his range? The thing about Hoffarber was that he hit some daggers way out beyond where any reasonable person would guard a guy.

How's his range? The thing about Hoffarber was that he hit some daggers way out beyond where any reasonable person would guard a guy.

Go to 1:03... this is a typical shot of his. Love the interview as well. Very mature and articulate.

What do you think his ceiling is? More efficient Lawrence Westbrook? Maybe he isn't athletic enough for that.

What do you think his ceiling is? More efficient Lawrence Westbrook? Maybe he isn't athletic enough for that.

I think you have the wrong Lawrence. To me his game looks more like Lawrence McKenzie than Westbrook. Harris doesn't put the ball on the floor as much as Westbrook. McKenzie had awesome range, he's oft-forgotten about in these parts but he could score in bunches, he was a good transfer back for us.

Yes, the range looks good. But I'm going to remind myself (and others) Oto was going to be our Jon Diebler according to some GHer's.

Very mature and articulate.

An announcer last night said that Jamir makes the morning announcements for school, and is on pace to graduate #1 in his class.

Excited for his to represent.

Yes, the range looks good. But I'm going to remind myself (and others) Oto was going to be our Jon Diebler according to some GHer's.

In GHers defense, Oto told reporters it was his goal to break Blake's 3 point record. I think Oto ended up making about 11 in his career.

Jamir is a big recruit followed by many local and national recruiting "experts", several of whom have said that he's one of the best shooters in the country.

I don't recall the same for Oto.

Kid can stroke it, that is for sure.

Lawrence McKenzie was a great three point shooter but better handle and quickness than Harris (right now)

Excited to see if he can spread the floor for Coffey, Murphy, etc

Go to 1:03... this is a typical shot of his. Love the interview as well. Very mature and articulate.

Interview portions were great, very articulate and seems to have a really good head on his shoulders. Loved his attitude about practicing and working on his game as well. Washington gets a good amount of the attention but Harris could turn out to be a great find as well.

This talk of Buggs and Oto is a painful reminder of us relying on recruits like them, Andre Ingram, Julian Welch...........

I'd love to follow up these past two years of recruiting with another two like it (or better) and see where that gets us. Off to a good start for 2018.

Interview portions were great, very articulate and seems to have a really good head on his shoulders. Loved his attitude about practicing and working on his game as well. Washington gets a good amount of the attention but Harris could turn out to be a great find as well.

I liked when he talked about perfecting his craft. I love guys who think of their thing as a craft.

This talk of Buggs and Oto is a painful reminder of us relying on recruits like them, Andre Ingram, Julian Welch...........

I'd love to follow up these past two years of recruiting with another two like it (or better) and see where that gets us. Off to a good start for 2018.

In one year Tubby brought in Oto, Elliot, Ahanmesi and Armelin (who I liked).... Recruiting has taken a change for the better.

Welch wasn't bad his junior year. 9.5 points in 25 minutes a game, 44% from 3 and 49% from 2.

Don't forget his turnovers and the timing of them...or his slow feet on defense. Scoring/shooting is not the whole story.

An announcer last night said that Jamir makes the morning announcements for school, and is on pace to graduate #1 in his class.

Not only this, but his nickname in school is Mr Perfect, he wears a dress shirt and tie to class every day and sits in the front row.

I'm sure if I were a classmate I'd think that was kind of pretentious, but as someone who is a bit older and whose girlfriend works as a teacher in the minneapolis public school system, I can appreciate the dedication to avoid distractions and go the extra mile.

An Andre Ingram would have been a welcome contributor off the bench this year.

Not only this, but his nickname in school is Mr Perfect, he wears a dress shirt and tie to class every day and sits in the front row.

I'm sure if I were a classmate I'd think that was kind of pretentious, but as someone who is a bit older and whose girlfriend works as a teacher in the minneapolis public school system, I can appreciate the dedication to avoid distractions and go the extra mile.

I'm working in NJ, so I had a chance to go to the game. I really like Jamir! He was the only one that the coach never took out of the game. The coach numerous times communicated to the team through Jamir. He could have just yelled to the team himself, but numerous times he chose to talk specifically to Jamir, who then passed it onto the team. Jamir is not the best player on the team, that would be the UK recruit Richards, and he is not the pg, so the fact that the coach chooses to communicate that way to the team says a lot about Jamir.

I also loved the fact that he his a shooter that takes good shots, he does not force shots. On top of that, he is efficient. A long rang shooter who is efficient is a rare rare thing.

When I watch him play I just picture him trailing fast breaks and getting open 3 after open 3. With Mason, Dupree, and Washington pushing the ball I see this a ton. If he hits that shot as efficiently as it looks like he can, he is going to be instant offense of the bench.

His weaknesses are strength, quickness and defense. He plays hard so his d will get better, but he's got a bit to go there. He is a good athlete so with some coaching and work I think he can minimize the quickness issue.

All in all, I think Jamir is a perfect fit, he flat out shoots, obviously. As has been stated, his range is ridiculous, his form is the same from 10 ft as it is from 30 ft, it's effortless. He is going to be a great team guy. I see him frequently being able to give us 9-11 pts in 5-10 min a game next year, which will really add some needed offensive punch.

I'm working in NJ, so I had a chance to go to the game. I really like Jamir! He was the only one that the coach never took out of the game. The coach numerous times communicated to the team through Jamir. He could have just yelled to the team himself, but numerous times he chose to talk specifically to Jamir, who then passed it onto the team. Jamir is not the best player on the team, that would be the UK recruit Richards, and he is not the pg, so the fact that the coach chooses to communicate that way to the team says a lot about Jamir.

I also loved the fact that he his a shooter that takes good shots, he does not force shots. On top of that, he is efficient. A long rang shooter who is efficient is a rare rare thing.

When I watch him play I just picture him trailing fast breaks and getting open 3 after open 3. With Mason, Dupree, and Washington pushing the ball I see this a ton. If he hits that shot as efficiently as it looks like he can, he is going to be instant offense of the bench.

His weaknesses are strength, quickness and defense. He plays hard so his d will get better, but he's got a bit to go there. He is a good athlete so with some coaching and work I think he can minimize the quickness issue.

All in all, I think Jamir is a perfect fit, he flat out shoots, obviously. As has been stated, his range is ridiculous, his form is the same from 10 ft as it is from 30 ft, it's effortless. He is going to be a great team guy. I see him frequently being able to give us 9-11 pts in 5-10 min a game next year, which will really add some needed offensive punch.

Nice insight, that's great to hear. Sounds like he is a high character guy and a good leader. If nothing else, he will stay out of trouble, get good grades, and be a good influence on the rest of the team. Pretty good worst case scenario. Only thing I'm worried about is how well he will be able to defend high major shooting guards. He's at a size disadvantage, and if his quickness isn't a strength, that's a bit concerning. Hopefully he will hold up defensively as I'm optimistic that his offense will translate well.

Thanks for the info. That would be pretty insane if he's scoring that many points for us in that few minutes though. Would be a record.

Wow, he could play for Fleck!

Per his interview......he know's enough to stay away from the distraction of girls! :clap:

Top Bottom