2016-2017 Transfer List

Freeman was benched for a bad attitude earlier in the season. I'll pass.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You can gamble (a little) with a bad attitude if it's a grad transfer. What are they going to do? End of the road, nowhere else to turn... either man up or ride the bench/ get the boot.

Nebraska making a run at Rutgers for B1G basement

Ed Morrow, Jr. to transfer.

Ouch.

Wonder if there's a spot miles would be open to coming on staff when he gets fired from Nebraska? I could see Conroy wanting another shot or Ben Johnson getting a chance somewhere

Was just going to post this. Husker fans are reeling, 3 transfers already. Morrow was a big surprise and a big loss. The fans want Miles out.

It was obvious when Huskers were here and at B1G Tournament that they had quit on Miles. Not sure why. Miles seems like able but something isn't right in the program. Watson had the worst body language of them all. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go next. It's a sinking ship down there.

Ed was a hard worker, he always played tough. Loved his game. Again...ouch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know why? Is it just the losing? Miles seems like a good dude

Losing, multiple players transferring away, terrible record in the B1G, late season losing streaks, the list goes on. Plus he has some of the best facilities in the country.

So can anyone explain the current state of intra-conference transfers? Is it allowed? Is it shunned? Wouldn't mind having Morrow

Makes how Pitino held it together after 8-23 and kept the roster together that much more impressive.

I'd take Miles as an assistant too but I doubt the guy is fine with a situation of making around $2 Mil per year to around $200 K per year. He could find another head coaching job making more than $200 K per year

Good dudes don't always make successful head coaches. See Dan Monson. I'd take Miles as an assistant in a second if he was interested.

I have always thought Miles was better suited for low and mid major. He's a good coach but I never thought he would be able to sustain high major success

So can anyone explain the current state of intra-conference transfers? Is it allowed? Is it shunned? Wouldn't mind having Morrow

It's allowed. Players have to sit out a year and lose a year of eligibility regardless of whether or not they have a redshirt option available. Morrow has 2 years of on-court eligibility remaining, and would be giving one of those up with an intraconference transfer. Conversely, he could transfer outside of the conference and use his redshirt during his transfer year while still maintaining 2 years of on-court eligibility. Unless he desperately wants to play for a different Big Ten team, I'm presuming that's what he'll do.

It's allowed. Players have to sit out a year and lose a year of eligibility regardless of whether or not they have a redshirt option available. Morrow has 2 years of on-court eligibility remaining, and would be giving one of those up with an intraconference transfer. Conversely, he could transfer outside of the conference and use his redshirt during his transfer year while still maintaining 2 years of on-court eligibility. Unless he desperately wants to play for a different Big Ten team, I'm presuming that's what he'll do.

Thanks!

I have always thought Miles was better suited for low and mid major. He's a good coach but I never thought he would be able to sustain high major success

Name recognition isn't there for him yet to win recruiting battles but he is young and in time he will have that national name recognition and will likely be successful at this level. Would have maybe been better suited to stay at the mid major a bit longer than he did but he would have moved up eventually anyway.

#coacheslivesmatter

I think Miles if he wants to be a high major guy long term should pull a Steve Alford and get out a head of the firing squad, go to a Mid Major, build them up for a few years and find a high major that will support basketball more than Nebraska. Alford would not be at UCLA had he stuck around long enough to get fired at Iowa

I think Miles if he wants to be a high major guy long term should pull a Steve Alford and get out a head of the firing squad, go to a Mid Major, build them up for a few years and find a high major that will support basketball more than Nebraska. Alford would not be at UCLA had he stuck around long enough to get fired at Iowa

I agree. He should do that or go the Greg Marshall route and find a mid major where he's can build something big with sustainable success. He should look at Illinois St if Dayton hires their coach

Optional("Dayton announces it has hired Anthony Grant to replace Archie Miller. Grant had success at VCU and was well respected at Alabama. Good move.") -- Optional("@ESPNAndyKatz")
via http://cbssportsapp.com

I bet Wright stays with Dayton.

Not sure how much more Nebraska can support basketball. They have a new arena and new facilities. They have just never won. The pieces are there for a coach to succeed.

Not sure how much more Nebraska can support basketball. They have a new arena and new facilities. They have just never won. The pieces are there for a coach to succeed.

I think Tom Crean could be a good fit there honestly

KJ and Dedric Lawson are transferring from Memphis. Not going well for Tubby.

KJ Lawson already redshirted his first year in the program, so he will lose a year of eligibility by transferring.

The Lawson's father was hired as an assistant by former coach, Josh Patner, in order to land the boys. When Tubby took the job last Spring, he demoted the dad to Director of Player Development,
and put Saul on the coaching staff.

Carlton Bragg is transferring from Kansas:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Highly-recruited kid that never really got his head right in Lawrence (on and off the court)

It's old news, but don't believe it has been posted here that Malik Ellison is transferring from St. John's. Malik was a Spring target for the Gophers a couple years ago. Also a former plan B/C type recruit for the Gophers Jeriah Horne is leaving Nebraska (announced before Morrow, so old news as well).

Good find on Hughes, he was all set for a Gopher visit when we received a commitment (Coffey I believe) and filled up. Once we didn't have room, papa Pitino got involved and actually signed Hughes to Louisville...and then he got out (or it was suggested he get out) of his commitment and went to Missouri with high school teammate Willie Jackson (also a Gopher target at one time). Jackson left Missouri early in the year (is now at Toledo) and according to at least one fan site, Hughes also wanted to leave when Jackson did (this is somewhat corroborated by Hughes sitting out a game during the questioned time frame) but was talked out of it by the coaching staff. The bad news on Hughes is that he was absolutely atrocious from a fg%, ft% and 3 pt fg% aspect as a Freshman and his playing time decreased as the season went a long for a terrible Missouri team. The good news is that their fans seem to think he has talent and were sorry to see him go despite his horrendous shooting. For the season Hughes was 29.6% from the field, 56.6% from the line, and 26.8% from 3. As a recruit, Hughes had reported offers from Florida State, Texas A&M, and Wisconsin in addition to Minnesota, Louisville, and Missouri.

Top Bottom