2016-2017 Transfer List

Nebraska losing 3rd player

Michael Jacobson becomes the third Husker starter to transfer since the season end. Have to believe Miles is all but gone.

Don't know how to embed tweets on here but Matz Stockman is transferring here from Louisville to sit one and play one according to Evan Daniels.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2017/04/11/matz-stockman-transfer-louisville-basketball-minnesota/100324064/

Is he a graduate transfer or is he sitting out a year with one year left, it looks like he is a junior.

Just a regular transfer and will have to sit a year then will play his senior in 2018. It's a pretty bizarre take in all honesty. He was buried on the bench at UofL and was largely an afterthought. All indications are he just never developed.

Well looks like Mr. Stockman is our choice....IMO, the most important position of need...center. Huge hole filled for the 2018-2019 year. Last year we have 4 unused scholarships if you can call them that: Fitzgerald, Haugh, Gilbert, and Diedhiou. Next year Diedhiou and Stockman. We don't need 13 folks to play....we need 8 players and 5 folks preparing to be players later. Really we will only be wasting one scholarship next year...Diedhiou....Great pick up in an incredible area of need. Now we need to recruit another center...a freshman one...whom we can develop to be our center of the future.

Well looks like Mr. Stockman is our choice....IMO, the most important position of need...center. Huge hole filled for the 2018-2019 year. Last year we have 4 unused scholarships if you can call them that: Fitzgerald, Haugh, Gilbert, and Diedhiou. Next year Diedhiou and Stockman. We don't need 13 folks to play....we need 8 players and 5 folks preparing to be players later. Really we will only be wasting one scholarship next year...Diedhiou....Great pick up in an incredible area of need. Now we need to recruit another center...a freshman one...whom we can develop to be our center of the future.

Don't we already have one?

Badgers' Jordan Hill to transfer

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Grad Transfer? Not a huge blow to them, but somebody who would've gotten decent run off the bench, maybe started

Those motherf***ers will probably get the basketball equivalent of Russell Wilson as a grad transfer.

Hill is a grad transfer. Gard does not have the same disdain for grad transfers as Bo did. They have room to take two this year if they want to.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

McIntosh from Illinois State will grad transfer.

Adds even more frustration with filling the open scholarship with Stockman for 2 years if McIntosh was interested in transfering to MN as previously reported.

Adds even more frustration with filling the open scholarship with Stockman for 2 years if McIntosh was interested in transfering to MN as previously reported.
Yeah, we saw what happend with lack of depth in the last two games. Who knows what we can expect from Washington, Harris, Hurt, and Fitzgerald next year. Would be nice to have some proven/experienced depth on the wing.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

KJ and Dedric Lawson are transferring from Memphis. Not going well for Tubby.

KJ Lawson already redshirted his first year in the program, so he will lose a year of eligibility by transferring.

The Lawson's father was hired as an assistant by former coach, Josh Patner, in order to land the boys. When Tubby took the job last Spring, he demoted the dad to Director of Player Development,
and put Saul on the coaching staff.
Sports page said today 6 players are transferring from Memphis.

My first two landing spots for McIntosh were Oregon and Wisconsin. Oregon with Brooks and Dorsey both going pro and their recent history with Canadian prospects (MiKyle is Canadian) and Wisconsin because they lose a lot of production and coincidentally (or not) just had Hill announce a grad transfer.

I looked at the Illinois State board and there is still some talk of MiKyle ending up at Minnesota (in fact Minnesota is the only school speculated that I see in the thread, but it all appears to date back to the original post from a month ago and not any new information)

Quote from one post today: "As far as tampering reports have it (yes, they are rumors, but rumors can often be telling) that Little Pitino has been in MM ear since LAST summer. MiKyle was a difference maker on the team, I'll admit it, but he is 100% replaceable. I would've told you the same thing during the season, even though I was worried about it when he was injured."

http://redbirdfan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9814&start=160

McIntosh declares, not hiring agent

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He won't get drafted. I'd like to find a way to get him on our roster next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It'd be extremely frustrating if he ended up on one of the other Big Ten title contender teams or Wisconsin and we found out he had strong interest in us before we took Stockman.

Only way to get him would be for Pitino to run off Gaston which sounds doubtful.

It'd be extremely frustrating if he ended up on one of the other Big Ten title contender teams or Wisconsin and we found out he had strong interest in us before we took Stockman.

Only way to get him would be for Pitino to run off Gaston which sounds doubtful.

There is probably more to this story than we know, but on the surface adding Stockman is a true head scratcher. It will be very sad if this team is battling for a Big 10 title next year and they run short of contributors because there are at least two (Gaston and Matz) and possibly three (Fitzgerald due to injury) players that are non-contributors for the season. It would be different if Stockman looked to be a key contributor in the 2018-19 season.

Top Bottom