2016-2017 Transfer List

None are good enough to play for the Gophers. Incredible young men who all knew they could stay but they were not going to play.

A. How the heck do you know they are incredible young men?

B. Which transfers are you saying aren't good enough to play for the Gophers?

You may be right but it was not a knock on Race. Or a knock on not getting Reuvers. It is a fit thing and at UW in that system they give great freedom at the 4

So Reuvers is going to win 25 games a year and score more points that Frank Kaminsky? I'll take that bet......

Reuvers is a "nice" player, but come on man.....

Somebody go back and look at builtbadgers' commentary on Alex Illikainen going to Wisconsin. I'd be curious to see what he said.

I wouldn't be shocked if Chase Jeter ended up at Gonzaga. They've got a history of developing bigs during redshirt years & he was high school teammates with their good freshman big Zach Collins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or Nevada. Musselman will likely want a big because he'll likely lose both of his starters after next year at the latest.

Sustainability is everything in college sports. I don't think we are in a position where we recover as well from a dip as we will be in the future.

I'm not sure what you mean by "sustainability" but if you're talking about a program that makes the NCAA tournament every year, or even 8 out of last 10 years, there are few programs meeting that standard: probably about a dozen. Even an eminent program like Syracuse hasn't met that standard. It remains to be seen whether a program like Wisconsin can continue that level of "sustainability" very far into the post-Ryan future. There are more examples of schools that couldn't maintain their success rates after the departures of legendary coaches than examples of those that could. Just a few of the more obvious ones: UNLV after Jerry Tarkanian, University of Houston after Ralph Lewis, Oregon State after Ralph Miller.

I don't see why we are not in a position to recover from dips as long as we have a coach who is a good recruiter. We couldn't have had a "dip" any worse than the one last year and we had our best regular season of the century only one year later.

Or Nevada. Musselman will likely want a big because he'll likely lose both of his starters after next year at the latest.

27654a2aa1e466def4518aad8ab8a26e.jpg

Jeter would be the perfect transfer split time with Reggie and maybe play together depending on the situation
He has to sit out a year
A. How the heck do you know they are incredible young men?

B. Which transfers are you saying aren't good enough to play for the Gophers?

Wisconsin will not win 25 games next year, not with what they are losing and what the rest of the league brings back. They won't suck next year, probably an 8-10 win team like Iowa was this year. It'll also be the year where we really learn about Gard's coaching chops, can he develop guys like Bo could, because that bench needs a lot of work if they are going to transition into starters.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If Gophers want to add a big for one year

This could be an option.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He kinda came out of nowhere for the Pheonix this year. Didn't play a lot early and really was a nonfactor last year. I got to a fair share of UWGB games and missed many of the early games this year to be genuinely surprised at what he was doing when I started going to more games in the back half of the year.

I don't think he's much help defensively in the B1G, essentially a non-factor with rim protection and very poor job (UWGB in general) with ball screen defense.

Offensively he's smooth, nice body, but doesn't play rough down low. He is a finesse big that doesn't rebound a lot on a team that doesn't have much for people "stealing" rebounds from him.

He'd add little to this Gopher team if you ask me.

Damn, that doesn't sound like someone you'd expect to "test the NBA" by declaring for the draft without an agent. If it comes down to bringing in a center like Kanter or banking a scholarship, I'd still rather bring in a big body to push Bakary for back up center minutes. Not much downside to something like that.

And now, probably not (per Kerem Kanter)

Absolutely nothing is lost by declaring without an agent. Free exposure. Free evaluation. You don't like what they say, stay in school.

Carlton Bragg? I'm just speculating, but he didn't even take off his warm up in Kansas' loss to Oregon yesterday.

Is there an updated list anywhere? The list from the homepage still only has the midseason transfers.

Mark Donnal is transferring from Michigan and eligible immediately. I'd take him in a heartbeat to backup Lynch. He isn't all that good, but he is better than Konate.

Baylor's Al Freeman will graduate and transfer, per a source. Immediately eligible for next season. Long line for this one.— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) March 28, 2017

He's the missing piece, IMO, and it would be a great fit for both parties. I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would love Freeman. Perfect fit here offensively at least given his ability to shoot.

Mason-Freeman-Coffey-Murph-Lynch with Dupree, Washington and Curry rounding out the rotation. That's a top 20 team nationally.

Would love Freeman. Perfect fit here offensively at least given his ability to shoot.

Mason-Freeman-Coffey-Murph-Lynch with Dupree, Washington and Curry rounding out the rotation. That's a top 20 team nationally.
Freeman was benched for a bad attitude earlier in the season. I'll pass.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well without having insider knowledge on how bad of an attitude, if he's willing to come here, I'd take him. Good player. Can shoot. Fits a need because I think a wing is a bigger need than an extra big.

I guess I'd still rather have a bigger (6-6ish) wing that would allow you to play a 4-guard lineup but I'm not picky.

Malik Ellison is on the market, leaving Saint John's

Top Bottom