All things 2017 Minnesota boys high school tourney

What happened in the consolation game featuring Oturu vs Reuvers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What happened in the consolation game featuring Oturu vs Reuvers?

Oturu won. Hopefully it's a preview of coming attractions.

Oturu is a physical specimen. Talked to a assistant from a Big 10 staff and he said his skill level took a huge leap forward this year. Reuvers has a ways to go on the physical side but his skill and understanding of the game is at the very high end. He had 41 and 12 yesterday. Will be a blast to see their college teams compete in the future.

New classifications were announced this morning for the '17-18 and '18-19 school years. Looks like Minneapolis North is in class AA and DeLaSalle stayed in AAA.

New classifications were announced this morning for the '17-18 and '18-19 school years. Looks like Minneapolis North is in class AA and DeLaSalle stayed in AAA.
North is opting up to 3A, I thought

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

North only went up to AA, not AAA as McKenzie had said this week

Anyone watching the AA Championship? Showing why Minnesota needs a shot clock.

Anyone watching the AA Championship? Showing why Minnesota needs a shot clock.

Yup. How long did Suggs literally just crouch there with the ball just over halfcourt? Over a minute, right? Absolutely need a shot clock, at least for the state tournament. That is totally within the rules so I don't blame the teams for doing it, but the high school league needs to rectify that. It's bad for the game when those things happen.

And just to add to the debate over class assignment/choice...schools like St. Thomas Academy should have their enrollments multiplied by 2 when determining which class they belong in. It is an all boys school. Comparing their enrollment to that of a school with boys and girls is not apples to apples. (STA is my former high school's rival...so take that for what it's worth, but it seems like common sense to me)

I don't really have as problem with DLS or MA playing at whichever class they are assigned. But just from a competitive aspect I would want to move up if I were them so that when I won state I could say that I beat the big boys. They can stay down, but they should expect the whole "scared to play the big boys" haters to continue.

Nothing will ever be as bad as Hopkins vs Shakopee a few years ago.

True. I still can't believe they didn't implement a state tournament shot clock after that.

A shot clock for the Tournaments might work. But the cost of installing shot-clock scoreboards at every high school would get a little spendy.

A shot clock for the Tournaments might work. But the cost of installing shot-clock scoreboards at every high school would get a little spendy.

The thing is most schools have shot clocks because there has been rumors of this for almost 10 years now.

And just to add to the debate over class assignment/choice...schools like St. Thomas Academy should have their enrollments multiplied by 2 when determining which class they belong in. It is an all boys school. Comparing their enrollment to that of a school with boys and girls is not apples to apples. (STA is my former high school's rival...so take that for what it's worth, but it seems like common sense to me)

I don't really have as problem with DLS or MA playing at whichever class they are assigned. But just from a competitive aspect I would want to move up if I were them so that when I won state I could say that I beat the big boys. They can stay down, but they should expect the whole "scared to play the big boys" haters to continue.

STA's enrollment is already being doubled.

Nothing will ever be as bad as Hopkins vs Shakopee a few years ago.

I also remember the Hopkins vs. St. Cloud tech championship game, where St. Cloud tech spread their offense all the way to half court and stalled to try and slow down Hopkins high powered team led by Royce white.....I actually thought it was a great idea by tech to do this, even though it made the game horrendous to watch.

Just watched the AAA game....really hope the Gophers don't regret going after Goanar Mar. He's really a nice looking player. Long and smooth. Reminds me a lot of Peter Jok. Looks like he really knows how to play D too.

Just watched the AAA game....really hope the Gophers don't regret going after Goanar Mar. He's really a nice looking player. Long and smooth. Reminds me a lot of Peter Jok. Looks like he really knows how to play D too.

Agreed. Can do it all, plus shoot.

I meant I hope they don't regret not going after him harder. Thorson just said he's an honor roll student too.

Hurt was supposed to be one and Springs was one. Also Harris coming is one. Hopefully our slashers continue to improve their shooting.
Like in the NBA, the key is 3 and D guys. Springs could play enough defense to stay on the court. Don't see that from hurt. A
redshirt year would be helpful for him

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

ya it would have been fun as hell to watch North play northwoods with a shot clock smh
To speed it up, there would have needed to be a 7 second shot clock, and a 5 pt line for the 30 footers

ya it would have been fun as hell to watch North play northwoods with a shot clock smh

It would not have changed that game at all. There were 131 shots attempted in 36 minutes. And that was with the running clock for the final 9 minutes

It would not have changed that game at all. There were 131 shots attempted in 36 minutes. And that was with the running clock for the final 9 minutes

Keep telling yourself that! Hs basketball has gotten worse overall over the last 10 years even though the talent is much better. Lack of fundamentals and basketball iq seems to be the theme, I don't want to watch more crap offense and more forced shots because kids are worried about the shot clock. Watch college or the NBA if u don't enjoy the hs game. Most ppl that piss and moan about hs bball watch the state tourney or 1-2 games a year and say we need a shot clock---go watch a North Dakota hs basketball game and tell me how great the game is with a shot clock

Mpls North played at their enrollment level, but they could have easily played at the AAA level. It's good there is a running time rule or North would have scored 150 points. My personal opinion is there should be no more than two divisions. Make getting to State mean something.

Keep telling yourself that! Hs basketball has gotten worse overall over the last 10 years even though the talent is much better. Lack of fundamentals and basketball iq seems to be the theme, I don't want to watch more crap offense and more forced shots because kids are worried about the shot clock. Watch college or the NBA if u don't enjoy the hs game. Most ppl that piss and moan about hs bball watch the state tourney or 1-2 games a year and say we need a shot clock---go watch a North Dakota hs basketball game and tell me how great the game is with a shot clock

It's North Dakota. I expect nothing out of North Dakota other than obesity and poor dental hygiene. Would I rather see HS players forcing up shots than literally crouching down holding onto the ball at halfcourt for over a minute? Yes. Absolutely.

I'd be fine if they only implement a shot clock for the state tournament. Can even make it a 35 second clock if they want. But when there are 10 minutes left in a game and a team is already holding the ball for a minute at halfcourt then a change needs to be made.

It's North Dakota. I expect nothing out of North Dakota other than obesity and poor dental hygiene. Would I rather see HS players forcing up shots than literally crouching down holding onto the ball at halfcourt for over a minute? Yes. Absolutely.

I'd be fine if they only implement a shot clock for the state tournament. Can even make it a 35 second clock if they want. But when there are 10 minutes left in a game and a team is already holding the ball for a minute at halfcourt then a change needs to be made.

I appreciate the gamesmanship--u don't, u want the NBA/college game at the high school level. We will never agree

Top Bottom