All things 2017 Minnesota boys high school tourney

I think you have it backwards:

4A - biggest schools i.e. Happy Valley, Wayzata, Edina
3A - Big schools i.e. DeLa Salle, Grand Rapids
2A - small schools i.e. Mankato East
1A - smallest schools i.e. Redrock Central, Crosby Stills Nash and Young

But what do I know, when I played in the tournament in 1984 there were only two classes.

BTW, when they had that tournament where small played big. small got crushed.

Im saying De has the enrollment size to play in 1A, hence why I don't have a problem with them playing two classes up in 3A
Edit: Apparently De has an enrollment over 700, they use to be tiny, even ten years ago when I was in school, I had friwnds who were on the 06 team from grade school (Royce White was not liked on that team Btw) so I guess they are a 3A school, my mistake

Reuvers, likely battling foul trouble (had 4), finished his consolation game with 4pts and 7 rebounds. Only took 6 shots (0-2 on 3s, 2-4 on 2s) and didn't attempt a free throw. Lakeville North beat Chaska by 18 to advance to the consolation championship vs. Daniel Oturu and Cretin Derham Hall. I'd like to watch this game but am not sure where it is available.

Reuvers, likely battling foul trouble (had 4), finished his consolation game with 4pts and 7 rebounds. Only took 6 shots (0-2 on 3s, 2-4 on 2s) and didn't attempt a free throw. Lakeville North beat Chaska by 18 to advance to the consolation championship vs. Daniel Oturu and Cretin Derham Hall. I'd like to watch this game but am not sure where it is available.

When and where are they playing?

Not surprised to see Austin throwing down dunks all over the place. They were the best team not named JM I saw all year.

And the shot clock does not belong in HS basketball. End of discussion.

Bad fail by the interviewer chick. Thought she was interviewing Duoth Gach. In reality she was interviewing Oman Oman. LOL

Not surprised to see Austin throwing down dunks all over the place. They were the best team not named JM I saw all year.

And the shot clock does not belong in HS basketball. End of discussion.

Yeah, let's get rid of the three point line and narrow the lanes while we're at it!

So here's the question: What is the benefit to the school? When an FCS school moves up they know they stand to get better players, more money and more exposure. What does it benefit De to move from 3A to 4A? They already regularly prove they can beat the best teams in any class in MN and the surrounding states (wish MN would let teams travel more. Still remember when Henry smashed the IL state champs years back) every year in the non con, they wouldn't change conferences either. So what is the benefit to De to simply play up a level in the state tourney? The satisfaction of saying they won in 4A against teams they could schedule and beat anyway? Really MN should have a tourney of champions and let the 3A and 4A winners play anyway
You want to play the 4A champ for the title, but you don't want to play in their tournament? What kind of logic led you to this take?

There's only one real state champ, and it isn't the 3A champ.

You want to play the 4A champ for the title, but you don't want to play in their tournament? What kind of logic led you to this take?

The same logic used by every other state that does it. And the 'only 1 real champion's argument is stupid, especially in basketball where numbers aren't as big a factor like in football.

The same logic used by every other state that does it. And the 'only 1 real champion's argument is stupid, especially in basketball where numbers aren't as big a factor like in football.

Again, your logic is just baffling. If numbers aren't a big factor why not play for the championship?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hope you are not saying the only champion in the state is the 4A champion. Because it doesn't happen often but sometimes a lower class can beat a 4A champion, what comes to mind is the 99-00 Litchfield team that could have beaten any team in the state that year as they beat the 4A champion tartan by 25 points the same year and they were a 2a team

I hope you are not saying the only champion in the state is the 4A champion. Because it doesn't happen often but sometimes a lower class can beat a 4A champion, what comes to mind is the 99-00 Litchfield team that could have beaten any team in the state that year as they beat the 4A champion tartan by 25 points the same year and they were a 2a team

In no world can a team that wins a single regular season game claim a championship. But, that kind of situation should make it all the more upsetting that they didn't try to go for the championship.

In no world can a team that wins a single regular season game claim a championship. But, that kind of situation should make it all the more upsetting that they didn't try to go for the championship.

I don't think it was upsetting for them, they won the championship

I'd like to see the 4 classes all have 8 representatives, like they do now.

When you get to state, you play your first round game against your class, just like now. Final 8 in A and AA get seeded and play for the "small school state title" and do the same with AAA and AAAA. Get two State champions. Would be a blast.

Dave Lee's play by play. "The ball goes in. Right where he wanted it." No ****.

This is the first time I've seen Davison play and maybe he's having an off night, he plays hard but he doesn't impress me. How was he rated so high? Kevin Lynch said he feels his ceiling is higher in football than basketball. He's shooting 4-17 and 0-6 on three pointers, and 5-9 free-throws.

This is the first time I've seen Davison play and maybe he's having an off night, he plays hard but he doesn't impress me. How was he rated so high? Kevin Lynch said he feels his ceiling is higher in football than basketball. He's shooting 4-17 and 0-6 on three pointers, and 5-9 free-throws.

Kevin Lynch and his elite football scouting skills

I was thinking the same thing, I have not seen him play much this year

Kevin Lynch and his elite football scouting skills

Top Bottom